After seeing 1.2 patch notes...

seanisawake

This sort of thing should not have been saved up for a Jesus Patch, 90% of it is bug fixes that should have been fixed in beta (and were reported then.) The rest of it is ho hum, but the sheer length of the patch spam is no doubt going to get mmog newbs excited about CHANGES. Even though they are mostly meaningless.

Whatever BW. Can you please hire someone with non-fail MMOG experience? Anyone?

I love how people say things like this, dont you think for just one second that if the bugs were that easy to fix that they would have been fixed before launch. its not 2 lines of code and a cookie and milk if they do it right you know.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how people say things like this, dont you think for just one second that if the bugs were that easy to fix that they would have been fixed before launch. its not 2 lines of code and a cookie and milk if they do it right you know.

Didn't you know? Bioware hates all of us personally and is only interested in conspiracies to make our lives as miserable as possible.

Excuse me, what? WHAT exactly is a change to rotation? Only change - is the -10% damage from GR. You STILL need to add grav round/tracer missile a few times, and rotation isn't changed at all. So i think it's you should review the changes more closely.

Curtain of Fire: the chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly.

Demolition Round's damage output has been increased by approximately 10%.

Did you overlook that part?

OMG....

Nerfing Merc healers into the ground, buffing Marauders even more, gimping the Juggernaut tanks even further, cutting some 10% of the Snipers DPS, ect, etc, etc...

Thank god that TSW is coming in June.

Seriuosly.... apparantly noone at BW is playing their game, just listening to the vocal minority of PvP-whiners again.

T2-gear is now farmable to an extend where you can fully T2-equip your toon within two days after you hit LvL 50, the new T4-gear for PvE still looks like absolute rubbish and the stats of the T-gear are still crap from what I've seen on the PTS, forcing you to rip it totally apart and using other classes enhancements etc.

All the good stuff coming with 1.2, like UI-customization, combat-log, training-dummies, etc, etc, etc is totally wasted efforts, as the bad stuff is just so bad, that it totally counters it.

They should've let alone the Merc healer as it's fine as it is. A slight nerf for the Arsenal Merc was needed aswell as a fix of the might-exploit from Sorc-healers.

Marauders didn't need any more damage or a non-CD, non-Might interrupt, Marauders where totally fine.

Juggernaut tanks either need more damage in the tank-tree or an increased aggro-multiplicator. Currently all our Jugg-tanks play a 17/24 spec to be viable, not loosing aggro instantly after their taunt runs out.

Powertech-tanks need aswell a slight increase in aggro, as they're facing the same problems. The only viable tank so far is the Assassin, but it's nowhere overpowered but just right compared to the DDs.

It's laughable, that the devs allmost never understand their own games.

This mostly.

Seriously though, now that the game is out of beta and I have a 50 then I can try and enjoy the game for another few months before BW fails and doesnt bring out any more content.

I donot think you will last months. Once you rush to experence the new content..you will be back to being bored again. If a player does not want to play TOR for long now, 1.2 is not going to make them get more interested for very long. I think 1.2 will be a great update, but I allready am enjoying the game enough to continue to play as is.

OMG....

Nerfing Merc healers into the ground, buffing Marauders even more, gimping the Juggernaut tanks even further, cutting some 10% of the Snipers DPS, ect, etc, etc...

Seriuosly.... apparantly noone at BW is playing their game, just listening to the vocal minority of PvP-whiners again.

T2-gear is now farmable to an extend where you can fully T2-equip your toon within two days after you hit LvL 50, the new T4-gear for PvE still looks like absolute rubbish and the stats of the T-gear are still crap from what I've seen on the PTS, forcing you to rip it totally apart and using other classes enhancements etc.

All the good stuff coming with 1.2, like UI-customization, combat-log, training-dummies, etc, etc, etc is totally wasted efforts, as the bad stuff is just so bad, that it totally counters it.

They should've let alone the Merc healer as it's fine as it is. A slight nerf for the Arsenal Merc was needed aswell as a fix of the might-exploit from Sorc-healers.

Marauders didn't need any more damage or a non-CD, non-Might interrupt, Marauders where totally fine.

Juggernaut tanks either need more damage in the tank-tree or an increased aggro-multiplicator. Currently all our Jugg-tanks play a 17/24 spec to be viable, not loosing aggro instantly after their taunt runs out.

Powertech-tanks need aswell a slight increase in aggro, as they're facing the same problems. The only viable tank so far is the Assassin, but it's nowhere overpowered but just right compared to the DDs.

In an attempt to inject some analysis into the community, which I already know is pointless.

Let me make a couple of points.

1 - The marauders that do really well are annihilation spec. It was the other two specs which you rarely saw that received most of the attention. All this will likely net is more diversity for the class, not more damage.

2 - I don't know if jug tanks are more gimped, but I'll admit they don't seem any better off.

3 - Mercs healers needed a nerf. They were virtually unkillable in pvp. As I mentioned in another thread, a merc healer friend told us to back off in Civil War. He wanted to see how much focus fire he could handle before dying. He had nearly every member of the other team beating on him and they couldn't bring him down. Do you reasonably consider that acceptable? I don't.

Powertech tanks are fine. If one is having aggro problems, its user-error.

I don't know enough about snipers to make a statement.

Snipers got some nice things, but suffer in high end pvp not from the fixes they put in (for the most part) but from their damage running through every defense and mitigation check a player has. So now that MM sniper crit has been reduced, more are going to be forced into lethality.

I play a MM sniper and I'm disappointed really. They needed more elemental attacks/adjustment to bypass all the deflections/absorb.

Honestly, As a sorc who just got nerfed. Meh, It comes and goes. If you enjoy the game a class nerf is not going to kill it for you and aside from the nerfs the rest of the patch is amazing.

This is the truth. To OP: my main is a mara and I did not think I could not have good time in both PvE and PvP, so I'm not happy u resubbed. People like you ruin the game community. I think BW gave a good rebalance, that's it, but maybe in a while they will nerf us, who cares. I love my class anyway.

OMG....

TSW???? You mean Failcom game??? Again?? Wasn't AoC enough???? MUHAHAHAHA

In an attempt to inject some analysis into the community, which I already know is pointless.

Let me make a couple of points.

1 - The marauders that do really well are annihilation spec. It was the other two specs which you rarely saw that received most of the attention. All this will likely net is more diversity for the class, not more damage.

2 - I don't know if jug tanks are more gimped, but I'll admit they don't seem any better off.

3 - Mercs healers needed a nerf. They were virtually unkillable in pvp. As I mentioned in another thread, a merc healer friend told us to back off in Civil War. He wanted to see how much focus fire he could handle before dying. He had nearly every member of the other team beating on him and they couldn't bring him down. Do you reasonably consider that acceptable? I don't.

Powertech tanks are fine. If one is having aggro problems, its user-error.

I don't know enough about snipers to make a statement.

Yeah.... PvP is not what I'm interested in and have fun healing in a hardmode OP with a Mercenary with the 1.2 patch.

If I wanna play PvP, then I play a real PvP-MMO like I've played EvE Online for the last 6 years and not some gimped instanced crap where there's no meaning to it.

I'd rather play any shooter currently available then doing 8vs8 PvP battlegrounds in SWTOR.

And like I said, for PvE everything was just fine and dandy actually, and then comes the PvP-whiners and gimping the PvE-balancing again.

Curtain of Fire: the chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly.

Demolition Round's damage output has been increased by approximately 10%.

Did you overlook that part?

Rotation STILL the same. It's still GR GR FA GR DR HIB or something like this. Do you understand "rotation" word?

I see the sky is falling people are out.

I love how they get in MMOs and as soon as ANY kind of nerf, big or small, comes out they scream its ruined everything!

How about instead of screaming how your class was changed why dont you go out and figure out new builds that might be as effective if not more so then what you have.

And if any of the doom and gloom clan is still reading I have BH, Sorc and IA so I have 3 classes that are effected by 1.2. I am now looking at what I need to change if anything instead of screaming that the class is now dead.

Oh well have fun with your rage.

Balance will affect only PvP part, you can grind your thousands of mobs just fine with all that changes.

Try healing hardmodes with the Mercenary after 1.2 hits the server.

I'm talking about PvE-endgame, which SWTOR should be all about in the first place. For PvP they should've added PvP-servers with totally different rulestes and balancing, basically splitting the game into two.

Every MMO so far trying to have PvP and PvE under one roof is failing hard due to the PvP-players whining the most gimping PvE-balancing.

Edited by Xyleya

I was going to stop my subscription because I'm busy with the last 2 months of school for this year, looks like this is some added motivation to keep it that way.

It's unfortunate that they are throwing out a a lot of nerfs. No matter how you twist it, nerfs will always make people upset, and with good reason, but you just get used to the changes and continue playing or play another class.

It's just ****** on BW's part to throw out so many nerfs at once.

Would of been better to keep people buffed and make content more challenging, but whatever.

Try healing hardmodes with the Mercenary after 1.2 hits the server.

I'm talking about PvE-endgame, which SWTOR should be all about in the first place. For PvP they should've added PvP-servers with totally different rulestes and balancing, basically splitting the game into two.

Every MMO so far trying to have PvP and PvE under one roof is failing hard due to the PvP-players whining the most gimping PvE-balancing.

So, a few changes will stop you from grinding mobs? Nah, i don't think so, i guess you just "whine". And don't tell me about "hard" modes. there is nothing hard in it.

The field triage and supercharge cells etc changes is going to completely stuff commando's/merc's in PVE healing.

When group wide damage spikes it is already difficult enough to keep my ammo high and not oom. My group currently uses 2 commando's as healers and fear this will be the end of us.

Yes i believe we are overpowered in PvP but hitting us in the ammo is not the way to fix it :( If my group cannot raid anymore cos of this I will be a sad panda. We are a small group that doesn't really have the option of another healer setup at the moment. If we cannot progress in the upcoming nightmare mode being added post 1.2 then I will not be pleased one bit.

Is this Bioware's way of telling me I need to play my derp derp Maruader and no longer play Merc?

Seriously if you're going to fix a poorly devised mechanic like tracer missile you don't do it by overbuffing one of the most powerful PvP classes in the game while completely and utterly obliterating any Arsenal Mech viability in PvP.

The problem wasn't the fact it was overpowered, in fact, it sucked vs. anyone with a brain. stun, sleep, interrupt, push, derp derp, cc immune (can't KB), derp derp repeat.

10% damage reduction (when spamming TM) down to 5% LOL. No one will spec this ****.

2 SEC TM. lol Just remove it and give Mercs a better mechanic.

Warzones are going to be all Warriors ala Rift come this patch.

You won't see a Merc outside of PvE to save your life either.

Thank gawd Guild Wars 2 beta is nearing.

Edited by TheNinjaboy