After seeing 1.2 patch notes...

seanisawake

cool so you gonna resub since they are getting buffed and think that you will actually be good now (despite the fact they were one of the best classes already).

too bad you will still suck though =(

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would of been better to keep people buffed and make content more challenging, but whatever.

Ummm...... not sure how to say this but, you kind of contradicted yourself there....

option a) nerf classes, keep content difficulty the same, which in turn makes it a greater challenge....

option b) Make content harder and leave classes as they are which does what? make things more challenging......

i for one don't mind nerf's, it just adds an extra challenge and keeps a class fresh. So what if an ability doesnt work as well, just means its time to tests new specs and find a workaround.

I for one think that Nerf's keep the game fresh

3 - Mercs healers needed a nerf. They were virtually unkillable in pvp. As I mentioned in another thread, a merc healer friend told us to back off in Civil War. He wanted to see how much focus fire he could handle before dying. He had nearly every member of the other team beating on him and they couldn't bring him down. Do you reasonably consider that acceptable? I don't.

That's complete BS. A Mercenary will be able to heal through ONE person damaging them without help. MAYBE 2 if those dpsers are incredibly bad.

An entire team? Yeah, pull the other one, Poncho.

Rotation STILL the same. It's still GR GR FA GR DR HIB or something like this. Do you understand "rotation" word?

I understand rotation. I also know when someone blows a chance to have a real discussion.

In an attempt to inject some analysis into the community, which I already know is pointless.

Let me make a couple of points.

1 - The marauders that do really well are annihilation spec. It was the other two specs which you rarely saw that received most of the attention. All this will likely net is more diversity for the class, not more damage.

2 - I don't know if jug tanks are more gimped, but I'll admit they don't seem any better off.

3 - Mercs healers needed a nerf. They were virtually unkillable in pvp. As I mentioned in another thread, a merc healer friend told us to back off in Civil War. He wanted to see how much focus fire he could handle before dying. He had nearly every member of the other team beating on him and they couldn't bring him down. Do you reasonably consider that acceptable? I don't.

Powertech tanks are fine. If one is having aggro problems, its user-error.

I don't know enough about snipers to make a statement.

No they aren't pointless. Some of us don't mind change, I think your points are well taken. I play a merc healer in PVE and I can understand wanting to give us a nerf somewhat. If I also have my healer companion out, there is little that is going to kill me.

As for hard modes, I don't know enough to comment on healing them post patch. After all the change is not in yet.

Good points about marauder. I don't play it, but generally fixes are for things like trees that aren't being used. When I see people say all their tanks are using 1 build like was noted in this thread, then there probably needs to be a tweak of some sort to make others viable.

I am starting to level a juggernaut tank now, so I look forward to seeing if we are really gimped as people cry. I doubt it though. These forums tend to have a lot of people crying a river.

Edited by Dawgtide

I understand rotation. I also know when someone blows a chance to have a real discussion.

Jesus, you said that changes being made for rotation more than for a damage, but it's nothing for rotations, it's just -10% of damage to GR/TM. That's why i can't understand you, bro.

To all those QQ about the nerfs/buffs...

Have any of you actually TESTED them yet?

If not, QQ less.

:p

You mean level up a character to 50 on the test server? Yeah. I have time to do that.

Or I could just accept what information they are giving us as accurate and draw my own conclusions.

LOL.

1.2 patch notes give us a bunch of role play stuff, nothing good.

I unfortunately subbed for 6 months because I didn't realize just how much EA dominates Bioware, and that the end game would suck, and that they would move SLOOOWWWW at fixing anything.

But I uninstalled a month ago.

1.2 won't change that.

Maybe in 1.3 they might figure out how to do a server transfer or cross server LFG.

Seems HARD for them, so many dead servers....

So.... mind telling me how a new op, a new warzone and a new flashpoint counts as role play stuff?

Are we really looking at the same patchnotes?

If you have ever played any mmo, you know this "patch" is a joke and now on top of that they have pissed mostly every-one that doesn't own a glow-stick off. gg

So.... mind telling me how a new op, a new warzone and a new flashpoint counts as role play stuff?

Are we really looking at the same patchnotes?

some live to complain. nothing is ever good enough. they will never be pleased. I am looking forward to 1.2. Me and you, and many many others will enjoy the new stuff... some will just b**ch and moan and complain and will never, ever be happy. What a miserable life they must lead. So negative about everything.. Any positive posts will be flamed as they try to spew their negativity on us all.... I think they are just jealous that we can enjoy things that may not be perfect, but are still playable and enjoyable.

Keep up the good work BioWare. I am happy to send you my $30 buck a month ( my wife and I both play). :ph_great_update:

If you have ever played any mmo, you know this "patch" is a joke and now on top of that they have pissed mostly every-one that doesn't own a glow-stick off. gg

Wasn't everyone complaining that melee were worthless before?

And I don't think you know what the word 'joke' means.

If my group cannot raid anymore cos of this I will be a sad panda. We are a small group that doesn't really have the option of another healer setup at the moment. If we cannot progress in the upcoming nightmare mode being added post 1.2 then I will not be pleased one bit.

This is a continual problem when the devs pander to the PvP brigade... PvE suffers and games such as this one are primarily PvE (With a PvP sideshow).... I hope they wise up before ending up crippling their game like so many before them have done for this very reason.

That said, one of the player skills needed in any game, especially one so new out of the starting blocks is periodically adjusting to changes in ability's to make the most of what you now have.

So yes, some of my toons will get hit with the nerf bat... I will adjust, the group I heal or tank for will adjust (Both to their own changes and to the changes in My role) such changes may slow us down but unless they utterly screw it up to the point of unplayability, once we adjust we continue moving forward.

some live to complain. nothing is ever good enough. they will never be pleased. I am looking forward to 1.2. Me and you, and many many others will enjoy the new stuff... some will just b**ch and moan and complain and will never, ever be happy. What a miserable life they must lead. So negative about everything.. Any positive posts will be flamed as they try to spew their negativity on us all.... I think they are just jealous that we can enjoy things that may not be perfect, but are still playable and enjoyable.

Keep up the good work BioWare. I am happy to send you my $30 buck a month ( my wife and I both play). :ph_great_update:

Let me guess, you own a glow stick, this is your first mmo and you really love star wars...

LOL.

1.2 patch notes give us a bunch of role play stuff, nothing good.

I unfortunately subbed for 6 months because I didn't realize just how much EA dominates Bioware, and that the end game would suck, and that they would move SLOOOWWWW at fixing anything.

But I uninstalled a month ago.

1.2 won't change that.

Maybe in 1.3 they might figure out how to do a server transfer or cross server LFG.

Seems HARD for them, so many dead servers....

You are pathetically impatient. Those patch notes are huge, yet you seem to want everything immediately. What is wrong with you.

Let me guess, you own a glow stick, this is your first mmo and you really love star wars...

one of my toons does, but now my favorite is the sniper.

No, this is not my 1st, nor will it be my last. I plan on trying Secret World out (giving Funcom one more chance after the AoC disaster...)

I really am not a big star wars fan. Heck, I only saw the original 3 Star Wars... the ones with Luke and Darth Vader.. Never seen the others, nor have any desire to see them. I know NOTHING about "the old republic" other than what I have seen and learned from this game. Your MMO experience is as worthless as Obama in the White House. It means squat. I don't care.. it means nothing to me, nor does it convince me that you are right and I am wrong. I coudn't care less if You have played 5000 MMOs and you are a professional game player.

Good for you.. It changes nothing about my opinion.

I will play this game until I get tired of it.. or if Secret World is good,, then I may drop this game for awhile, or forever.. who knows.

The point is.. if you are having fun.. play. If not, try something else. Why is it wrong for some to enjoy and some to hate the game.

Your opinion means nothing to me.. and mine should mean nothing to you.

Your opinion has absolutely NO affect on me, or my enjoyment of the game.

If this game fails.. then so be it. I will simply move on and play something else for awhile. Until then, I will play, have fun, pay my subscription, and enjoy life.. regardless of what you or all the other haters say. You are wasting your breath trying to convince me that the game sucks.

It's JUST a game. I have a life that does not revolve around MMOs.

I am anxiously awaiting your snide remarks.. please hurry, so I wont waste too much time waiting. i have many other things to do.. so hurry, please. I can't wait......

Edited by Docsis

1.2 seems to be really AMAZING!!!

More like an expansion! Bioware, thanks for beating any other MMO and the companies behind them already after 3 months from the launch!

W.K.

My thoughts exactly!

If people want to complain about 1.2 then let them complain! Let them cancel their subscriptions, let them move on!

I for one will be enjoying the new Legacy features of 1.2

I for one will be enjoying the new Ranked Warzones and stat tracking

I for one will be enjoying the new Operation/Flashpoints

I for one will be enjoying the new Warzone

I for one will be enjoying the UI Customization

I can go on an on but it doesn't matter what you are I say, people who dislike 1.2 cannot be swayed and already have their minds made up. Their sole purpose now is to continue to lurk these forums and pander everyone else who DOES like SWTOR and 1.2 and ask them stupid questions like "Why do you enjoy 1.2"?

Funny, if I said I HATE 1.2 then nobody wants to know why. But if I say I LOVE 1.2 [which I do] then everyone doesn't believe me and wants me to go into great detail as to why I love this patch.

MAN, that is one heck of an update!! I cant remember any game having a patch like this.

Lol. Every other MMORPG have a patches like this. But Lineage 2, for example, don't release patches until it's REALLY clear of all bugs. And let's look at BW - patch->hotfix for patch->hotfix for hotfix->hotfix for this hotfix, etcetera etcetera.

Edited by Soulcheg