After seeing 1.2 patch notes...

seanisawake

Are you serious Celtus, a "COME AT ME BRO" reply? Do you play sent or mara?

I can read the patch notes like everyone else, and the changes to talent trees. BW uniformly nerfed everything according to forums whines. If there was a whine about it on the forum, that was a change in the patch notes.

So while your simple mind is distracted with superficial changes that should've gone in with launch, convinced that your new found talent with melee is a result of your mad skillz and not incompetent game design, many others will be leaving for other games.

You can then own the 100 other people on your server like a pro.

LOL. Inviting one to come play = "come at me bro?" I'm sorry but I left thugville when I graduated high school. Mine was a genuine invitation. It's ok if you believe the world sucks because a game wasn't perfect at launch. What's not ok is loosing venom at the community you're supposed to be part of. If you don't want to be a part of the solution, thats's ok too. Just stop being part of the problem. Edited by GalacticKegger

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By and large, although I was right in the midst of building a Parakeet alt, I think the changes are good and cover much needed issues and bugs. I love that Kira will get a passive 30% boost in her defenses, it will be nice to quest with her again, although I do enjoy Doc's banter. I have some concerns, though, with one major concern. Now mind you, I said "concerns" which means, until its released and Ive played after the patch and until some time passes, I wont know if those concerns were justified or not.

My big concern: Repeating the HUGE mistake Sony made with SWG. To polish a balance, to polish a class, is one thing- to revamp it to such a degree that all of our skill points are refunded, to gut a class that much, that causes a rather strong fear based reaction, that "here we go again, another Galaxies". Because this MMO is young, such a huge shift may have been necessary, well, obviously they felt it was. But if that keeps happening over and]over again, as it did with Galaxies, TOR will die the same death that SWG did. Again, Im NOT saying thats what has or will happen, Im saying that's what I fear happening because that severe of a change is a big deal.

I have invested a ton of time into learning a very difficult class to play and an off spec at that, a Focus spec, which is more rare. To gut something Ive spent months learning, thus requiring me re-allocate IMMEDIATELY, with no time to learn what my options are, my points- ok, maybe once and if its absolutely positively necessary, twice- but any more then that and you will loose me, just as Sony watched a huge exodus of players leave for just that reason.

Again, this could be a rare thing, all the changes needed and not something that will cause much change, which is cool. But if this nuclear option is used again, especially several times, then that is a very bad sign. Only time will tell.

Second concern: Allow for hybrids. We really dont have a lot of options here and being its not a sandbox, we probably never well to the degree some would like. But to allow for some level of niche focused hybrids, thats the bread and butter of any MMO Ive ever played in terms of "builds" are something people obsess on more then about anything, well some do. Allow some room for this.

My third and final concern more Star Wars EPIC content and less KOTOR Rakghoul content. Fine, some people love the Rhakghoul stuff, the KOTOR tie in, awesome, then we should have it. But in releasing what will soon be two major patches that include content, none of that content markets EPIC level Star Wars cannon driven, battles/end game/ dailies that take our breath away specific to the SW lore. For some reason, the Devs have come off as VERY dug in on this. I didnt sign up for KOTOR 3, I signed up to let "my saga begin". And, with a few exceptions, in leveling my Jedi, my BH and my Trooper- the story arcs have mostly done that, exceeded my expectations when it comes to story, its been a blast on many levels. But where is the non-main story arc, end game epic Star Wars content? I want dailies that send me off on epic SW adventures, or mission terminals where a Jedi can be a Jedi and Bounty Hunter can hunt bounties.

Overall, with a few exceptions, TOR has far exceeding my expectations. As well, they continue to demonstrate goodwill in the few months they have been around. So all in all, I would give them, say, a B. In terms of story lines within the main arc- I would give them a "A". They have the ability, if they choose, to really take MMO's to the next level, I hope they stay true to what they stated pre-launch.

Edited by Jinook_Phi

Did your favorite class get a nerf?

Awe.

:(

Mara or sent? Sin or shadow?

It's okay lil buddeh, your sweet moment of schadenfreude is all awesome right now, until the game empties out and there's only a handful of people to peen in front of.

Likely the same reason you're here trying to do some kind of fanboy community damage control instead of playing the PTS.
The really cool part is ... I'll be here in 6 months having a blast. If you're still here in 6 months then I feel sorry for whoever has to extricate all the empty Red Bulls and Frito bags from your basement gameroom. The moment dispizzles forget about TOR will be a good moment. Edited by GalacticKegger

LOL. Inviting one to come play = "come at me bro?" I'm sorry but I left thugville when I graduated high school. Mine was a genuine invitation. It's ok if you believe the world sucks because a game wasn't perfect at launch. What's not ok is loosing venom at the community you're supposed to be part of. If you don't want to be a part of the solution, thats's ok too. Just stop being part of the problem.

LOL. Citing bona fide criticism of a poorly-conceived game design direction as "part of the problem?" I'm sorry, I left chumptown after learning what marketing is. Mine was a genuine /point /laugh moment at your obvious apologist post. It's ok you believe this game is great because you have nothing better to do. What's not okay is posting disingenuous fanboy nonsense trying to save BW subs so you'll have someone to still play with. If you want to cling to your cognitive dissonance, that's okay. Just stop apologizing for BW.

The really cool part is ... I'll be here in 6 months having a blast. If you're still here in 6 months then I feel sorry for whoever has to clean up all the empty Red Bulls and Frito bags from the basement gameroom. The moment dispizzles forget about TOR will be a good moment.

You mean the moment TOR decides to go F2P, the few remaining competent developers at BioWare get cut to reduce overhead, and the 7-12 freeple crowd becomes the majority of the playerbase? :rolleyes:

As there apears to be some gang banging happening I though consolidate a bit ...
LOL. Citing bona fide criticism of a poorly-conceived game design direction as "part of the problem?" I'm sorry, I left chumptown after learning what marketing is. Mine was a genuine /point /laugh moment at your obvious apologist post. It's ok you believe this game is great because you have nothing better to do. What's not okay is posting disingenuous fanboy nonsense trying to save BW subs so you'll have someone to still play with. If you want to cling to your cognitive dissonance, that's okay. Just stop apologizing for BW.
You mean the moment TOR decides to go F2P, the few remaining competent developers at BioWare get cut to reduce overhead, and the 7-12 freeple crowd becomes the majority of the playerbase? :rolleyes:
I am truly sorry there is nothing better for you to do than deuce in a community's punch bowl. Does it pay well? Or is there nothing outside of annonymously flaming in a public forum that appeals to you? Edited by GalacticKegger

I am truly sorry there is nothing better for you to do than deuce in a community's punch bowl. Does it pay well? Or is there nothing outside of annonymous flaming that appeals to you?

I used to be a levelheaded contributor to community discussions of class balance unlike you, but then I took a troll named GeorgZoeller's knee to my groin.

^ If you really want to know my reason why:

Personally, with my favorites being my Deception Sin, Carnage Marauder, and Healer Operative, there is nothing in particular about the changes that irks me or hurts my play.

The patch notes, however, have confirmed that I dislike this development team with a passion.

I've just been lied to too many times. I've had enough with the crap that has been spewed by the devs in their all too troll-like responses to well thought out and constructed concerns from the community, especially the healer community.

The fact that they refused to give any clues as to the "sizable chunk of improvements for healers" beyond an AoE heal rebalance and some minor quality of life changes, and then had the gall to tell us that just because they would only say they changed X didn't mean Y and Z were not addressed...

WHEN ALL THE ******S DID WAS EXACTLY THAT. :mad:

Patch notes can change. Distrust and outright disgust towards the people making them will not.

That said, I know you're a troll and will flat out disregard this post, it's more so the other people actually attempting to discuss the topic can get a chance to see it through your spam.

Edited by Xaearth

Yes mostly, I enjoy the ranked bgs as well as the new UI. Lots of bug fixes are great.

I'm amped about the rated warzones. Not so much because I want to do them as it is because I get annoyed with how seriously everyone takes warzones right now. "OH MY GOD YOU GOT CHARGED ONE TIME DURING A 15 MINUTE WARZONE YOU BADDIE!" Now I can play casually again and have some fun.

^ If you really want to know my reason why:

That said, I know you're a troll and will flat out disregard this post, it's more so the other people actually attempting to discuss the topic can get a chance to see it through your spam.

Well, here's my post that ignited the dispizzle's flame war which a handful are trying to pwn. You fired the first shot good sir. You came after me.
Just finished my first tire kicking session with 1.2 on the PTS (all 900+M of it) and ... ZOMG! Haven't delved into any of the class buffs/nerfs yet, but the UI is friggin amazing and I HAD to share this with the community. Every element on the UI is resizable and repositionable. Seeing the whole thing light up all at once when first entering the editor was almost a shock.

We still only have 4 bars, but the companion ability bar undocks into it's own full-sized bar to make for a 5th. I moved mine right above my main ability bar like a Bartender pet/vehicle bar and repositioned the other bars for quick access. The new UI also features target of target, and profiles can be saved and recalled.

As always, subscribers are welcome to join the PTS and help playtest all these new toys. :)

Edited by GalacticKegger

Do people even realize that for 3 months, they were paying to play a BETA.

Welcome to MMOs. Where nothing is ever finished. Many are never satisfied. Everyone is an expert on game development. All MMOs are doomed to fail except the ones you say will succeed. Where one game with bugs, glitches, and held back content is a clear sign that it wasn't ready but another game with bugs, glitches, and held back content was quite obviously ready when it came out.

Well, here's my post that ignited this dispizzle flame war which a handful are trying to pwn. You fired the first shot good sir ... you came after me. You tried making it personal.

If you took this personally:

Then you probably shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

Fact is when the devs aren't lying to us, they're ignoring our concerns at best and straight up ostracizing their playerbase at worst.

That road will only lead to F2P, where kids whose parents suspend their WoW subs flock to in droves.

And the vocal members on the forum are a small percentage of the actual population.

As if the actual majority of the playerbase that doesn't post will be all cool with their classes getting nerfed.

We're talking about a playerbase here that thinks premades is a pvp exploit, that report people when they 5-0 in hb to farm, that cheered when dots no longer interrupted caps, that wants free gear with no requirements, and that thinks progression should be removed from the mmo genre.

Do you really, honestly think this playerbase will tolerate wide-spread nerfing and adjustment of their favorite class? Really?

Edited by XenonParsec

If you took this personally:

Then you probably shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

I don't take things personally, but I do recognize things for what they are.

I know you're a troll and will flat out disregard this post, it's more so the other people actually attempting to discuss the topic can get a chance to see it through your spam.
You folks are amazing. Twist it and spin it all you want. I've been playing with 1.2 on the PTS and the UI rocks. Is it 3 months late? Is it 3 months early? Is it right on time? Unless one is either a shareholder or getting mole pay to punish a fanbase for their loyalty ... who cares? Because it works now. :) Edited by GalacticKegger

Mara or sent? Sin or shadow?

It's okay lil buddeh, your sweet moment of schadenfreude is all awesome right now, until the game empties out and there's only a handful of people to peen in front of.

Trooper.

Jedi.

Smuggler.

I can adapt to changes and overcome obstacles.

Take notes.

:p

Am I the only one loving the legacy system? Its nothing serious, just something fun to play around with. But I feel that is what this game needs. Trivial things that we can do to pass the time.

You are not alone.

:)