Invitation for all who urge server merges!

Alcarinn

Because i read all days long on forums that we need server merges but hardly anyone wants to do anything about it themselves, so i started this ''project'' so we see how much people really want MMO in this game and not just cry for the cryings sake...

Why should people thow to the garbage countless hours of play ?

It's not my fault that people are unsubbing or going to other servers. I play regularly. That's all I have to do to improve the server population.

Low population servers is a BW problem. They are the ones that should provide the means to fix it.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already started to level a sentinel there (no more empire side) and plan to transfer others characters of mine if and when transfers and faction change are available Edited by ombraa

Why should people thow to the garbage countless hours of play ?

It's not my fault that people are unsubbing or going to other servers. I play regularly. That's all I have to do to improve the server population.

Low population servers is a BW problem. They are the ones that should provide the means to fix it.

Transfers yes, no merges.

Most of us rolled a new char and will transfer our old chars in. In the meantime we enjoy a healthy population on a new toon.

Transfers yes, no merges.

Most of us rolled a new char and will transfer our old chars in. In the meantime we enjoy a healthy population on a new toon.

Exactly :)

Easy groups, alot of grouping, guilds, flashpoints all day long, relatively quick pvp queues.

Spread the word

Well, interesting experiment, nice to see a community trying to mitigate something itself. But I won't be re-rolling to either unless you promise me about 40-50 million credits worth of cash/gear/resources/items when I do. If it comes down to a choice between abandoning all progress so far on my character - including items I'd never be able to get again once 1.2 goes live - and unsubbing, then I'll choose unsub.

Hope you have fun playing on a busy server and it works out well for you, but you'll excuse me for saying if your initiative ends up giving Bioware an excuse to hold off on transfers/merges for those on dead servers unwilling to reroll, then equally, shame on you for it.

Well, interesting experiment, nice to see a community trying to mitigate something itself. But I won't be re-rolling to either unless you promise me about 40-50 million credits worth of cash/gear/resources/items when I do. If it comes down to a choice between abandoning all progress so far on my character - including items I'd never be able to get again once 1.2 goes live - and unsubbing, then I'll choose unsub.

Hope you have fun playing on a busy server and it works out well for you, but you'll excuse me for saying if your initiative ends up giving Bioware an excuse to hold off on transfers/merges for those on dead servers unwilling to reroll, then equally, shame on you for it.

See the problem is you invested waaayyy too much (IMO) when you clearly saw bad population numbers before you did ALL mentioned?

I for example, got 1 lvl 50 200k credits, and valor rank 36 and about 2 columni pieces(did only about 15 heroics)

So i had no problem ''abandoning'' my char for greater good (busy server)

I understand your pain since i know if i had to reroll a char in WoW and abandon the one i had back in Cataclysm i would choose unsub over reroll aswell... But this was after 5 YEARS not 2-3 months...

Considering how EASY it is to lvl from 1-50 in this MMORPG forgive me for saying it but i simply cannot ''feel'' much for you if you managed to did all that in 3 months there is no reason, apart from your own self telling you to NOT do it, for doing it all again in next 2 months...

And if cash/items/titles(?) are worth for you more than good community then i fear you might have the wrong game in beginning, MMOs shine the most when there is ALOT of people online not when you have 40 million gold/credits...

If server goes dead you wasted all your time anyways, but if you reroll you give the game i suppose you like another chance and enjoy a healthy community this is why this project is up anyway, to see if people REALLY want more people or all they care is ''crying''

good luck

Ps.: I dont feel and will not feel any shame because if the project will get 500+ people to reroll and start lvling i will consider it HUGE success and the amount of ''crying'' can only increase so i feel if anything this project can ONLY generate FASTER transfers...

There are also 2 Servers that are Heavy+ on peak hours on European servers(English) and that is Tomb of Freedon Nadd(that is full at peak even sometimes) and The Red Eclipse(it increased heavily on peak hours since the project) ranging from Heavy to Very Heavy at peak...

4 months of heavy playtime on my old server, my guild collapsed leaving just 4 out of some 50 people playing & the population has more than halved from launch.

I'm trying this out though, re-rolled a new set of characters on the suggested Red Eclipse EU server, leaving behind an almost full-Rakata geared 50 & 7 alts in the 30's.

I don't blame the leavers though, I understand their reasons for leaving but I'm hopeful/stupid enough to think that things might turn around, 1.2 could be make or break though & with other games on the horizon at least I won't have to wait too long to decide.

See the problem is you invested waaayyy too much (IMO) when you clearly saw bad population numbers before you did ALL mentioned?

problem is, it's not always the case.

server could be healthy and all and suddenly everyone moves to a new server, or population dwindles bit by bit because of some issues. and when this happens, people would have played for quite some time. not their fault that they still have trust/hope that things can get better on their server and sticking up to it.

and for all their trust/hope they've put in on their server, you told them to just f- all that and move is a bit inconsiderate imho. not to mention bioware might see this kind of issue that "resolves itself" and put no consideration/priority on it.

also, in retrospect, people moving to these consolidated servers might actually be the final nail in the coffin for the population issues on some of the servers they left.

Edited by Wesgile

the game population is too low to support the vast number of servers they created at launch. All the planets are barren wastelands with populations ranging from 3-10. WZ queues are starting to take 15-20 minutes. It's sad and wasteful, and will kill the game.

Republic Fleet population last night on The Twin Spears server : 29.

To BioWare..DON"T WAIT TILL EVERYONE GETS FED UP AND LEAVES THE GAME BEFORE MERGING, LIKE TRION DID WITH RIFT !!!!

the game population is too low to support the vast number of servers they created at launch. All the planets are barren wastelands with populations ranging from 3-10. WZ queues are starting to take 15-20 minutes. It's sad and wasteful, and will kill the game.

Republic Fleet population last night on The Twin Spears server : 29.

To BioWare..DON"T WAIT TILL EVERYONE GETS FED UP AND LEAVES THE GAME BEFORE MERGING, LIKE TRION DID WITH RIFT !!!!

Exactly... for example atm Republic fleet on The Red Eclipse (19:45 CET) has 197 people so imperial probably even slightly more (200+)

Spread the word!

Yeah cause you talked to a real GM in game. Nice try all we get are the droids. Live customer service is a myth like dryland

Untrue. I had a chat with a CSR couple days back over a ticket issue. Not the fastest typist on the planet but my issue was resolved. The funny bit was that I didn't realise he wanted to use chat for not sure how long as I wasn't at all expecting it.

I am stil lwaiting for some fellow American(or someone who plays on East/West Coast servers) to give some real indication I heared alot about Canderous Ordo...

I would like to improve such section and would lose some help from someone out there... give info...

This is something THEY need to fix as THEY screwed up by adding to many servers.

This is something they SHOULD fix but cannot ''yet'' but we can, and the question is if we want...

That is all

19:30 CET

Republic fleet: 169

Imperial fleet: 187

Any word on the US servers--specifically Space Slug?

I decided to reroll on a new server. I took a good month off from the game (came back last weekend) and thus didn't have any real investment in any character.

I decided on The Harbinger as it currently seems like the place to be and it is quite busy, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be six months from now. Plus, so many good names have already been taken. I know it's not a big deal, but still...

I just saw this thread and was curious about an update. If there really is an effort to make an active movement, I'm all for getting a head start.

Hello fellow Star Wars players, I read alot about requests for server merges and free transfers, and i came to a conclusion that we should organise our own ''merge'' of community... i propose all who wish to play in a healthy environment called MMO to start leveling on the server called The Red Eclipse(EU)

It already has quite healthy population... 9:30 CET around 28-50 people on either fleets and around 90-125 people on either fleets at 14:00 CET during weekdays and roughly 150 on each during weekends over afternoon.

It has decent PvE guilds (international, and also some Dutch/Belgium/Spanish) The chat is not spammed with none-english people, actually you rarely see people saying anything at all in different language than English.

Groups are ''relatively'' easy to get those entry instances are even made right now (10:50 CET) also hardmodes are LFM each afternoon and some guilds cleared all 8 man content (not sure about 16 man)

Community is rather friendly... GTN is ok

So i Invite all who want to create a good community to reroll on English PvE server called The Red Eclipse (also i propose to go Republic more its slightly in favor of Imperials and aswell goes for PvP)

I am lvl 15 having a blast...

This way we can create our own healthy place for MMO community, and hopefully Bioware will understand that we need less servers with more people on and give us some decent solution.

Hope to see you soon!

Ps.: operation progress of The Red Eclipse guilds: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=330447

Ps.: Also tell all your friends about this action and maybe we can bump server to heavy soon.

It is better to play on high populated server afterall.

For EU Pve there is a suggested The Red Eclipse server

For US West Coast (i assume PvE server did not check waiting for info) there is a suggested Space Slug server

For US East Coast PvE there is a suggested Krayiss Obelisk server

Lets make a great community targets

Also i please all of you to not randomly post servers where we should gather i took a little time over the last week and checked servers that were standard most of the time last week and came with a solution called The Red Eclipse, Obviously some people will be ''lucky'' ones and got this realm from the start so i expect people to accept fact that most of us will have to roll somewhere in order for this project to work, so lets keep the spirit high and consider this as a roll of alt for a better Star Wars: The Old Republic future. You(ours) lvl 50s and legacies will wait for us once appropriate solutions are given and introduced until then its always good to roll another char to increase our knowledge of class, and game as overall it will help us in both pvE and Pvp

Aww... I rerolled from Zaalbar to The Harbinger. West Coast PvE with solid, round the clock population, and nice people. Not only did I experience all of the content, but I actually met people! Higher level planets have on average 25-60 people (Belsavis, Tat, Alderaan...) and Fleet averages around 150 throughout the week, middle of the night/morning weekday 70 - 90+, peak weekend 180+. Also, factions are balanced; playing both sides there is a minor, minor increase in emp side.

PvP queues are quick, rarely do you ever see same faction huttball (I still actually love huttball because of this)..

Did you do the same monitoring for PvE? Are you looking for standard servers to make heavy, or for simply the most densely populated already?

Did you do the same monitoring for PvE? Are you looking for standard servers to make heavy, or for simply the most densely populated already?

Thanks for your contribution.

Basically i took a week and looked over the population at peaks... and came with results that The Red Eclipse(Standard-(once Heavy) in 7 days and Tomb of Freedon Nadd Heavy(twice Very Heavy or Full) in 7 days.

Everything else was standard for 7 days... or i missed the peak on other servers i generally checked 20:00 CET

So i joined that server and started lvling got to fleet on both sides checked etc, and decided that people only complain so i came with idea for us to make our own server merge ('' '')

I have NOT checked anything for US i only put those down since they were 1st encouraged so i am thinking of removing it since its no good proof that pop is good there.

I am enjoying it on the red eclipse though... and i see people took the idea with wide opened hands, and now server is Heavy each night on peak times 19:30-23:00 CET

Which is good