Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!

lollermittens

You're probably right, seeing as how some multi-billion dollar profit corporations not only dont pay any taxes, but also get government funding, so damn straight I'd be annoyed at giving the government half of my 200 million lottery win :p

You sir, get your choice of a adult beverage if of proper age or a cookie - take your pick.

Buffett and his Berkshire bull with what, about 1 billion U.S. dollars in back owed taxes?

Gotta love the media and their lack of unbiased reporting.

Anyway - to topic. Money hasn't seem to be a issue for me - dunno.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6th overall - amazing. By the way, thank you. I find these sort of numbers rather interesting. I'm not sure I agree with the same faction warzone though. Honestly, and I may be one off here, but I like playing the faction sides of a conflict. In fact, I don't like playing Huttball against the same faction. It just doesn't feel right. It feels like, um, I don't know. Just not right.

I guess now I'm really not sure what sort of problem they have after reading the way you described it. I mean, is it just a "good" vs. "evil" and people are flocking to the dark side? Is it the class mechanics (which is what I thought - sorcs and bh are just the most powerful and who here doesn't like to win)?

This got me thinking. If they adjust Sorcs and BH's do they then have to adjust their mirror? If not, why? Don't they have equiv talents or is it just the animations that make up the delay or difference? Or does say the Sorc have more roots or snares than that of the Sage?

Adjusting the mirror is implied. It is so obvious it just goes without saying.

[*]Legacy Fleet Pass – Cuts down the time of the use of Fleet Pass by increments of one hour for each of the levels. There are three levels to it and are unlockable for increments of 50,000 credits, 5 legacy levels (5, 10, 15)

[*]Legacy Quick Travel – Same as the above except that it is cut down by one minute each level instead.

Thats a joke right ?

3 Hours for for the fleet pass and 3 minutes for the Quick travel ? Thats worth like.. nothing.

It should be more 3 hours per step for the fleet pass, so reducing the Fleet pass time to 3 hours and 5 minutes for the travel, so reducing the time to 15 minutes.

There is NO reason for 18 hour fleet pass (And you can buy 3 hour scrolls for the fleet, if you have the authenticator..)

Thats a joke right ?

3 Hours for for the fleet pass and 3 minutes for the Quick travel ? Thats worth like.. nothing.

It should be more 3 hours per step for the fleet pass, so reducing the Fleet pass time to 3 hours and 5 minutes for the travel, so reducing the time to 15 minutes.

There is NO reason for 18 hour fleet pass (And you can buy 3 hour scrolls for the fleet, if you have the authenticator..)

Bumping the fleet pass from 18 to 15 hours probably isn't that great. I can see lowering the quick travel from 30 to 27 minutes being fairly useful actually for leveling though.

Costs for them look cheap, I'm sure I'll grab them both.

NDA has been lifted in regards to the Guild Summit Day 2. During that time, those invited got some hands-on playtime with the 1.2 beta. Massively joystiq and DarthHater have done a comprehensive job of detailing the changes.

I have summarized what I personally thought were the most interesting changes. I strongly encourage everyone to read the interview with Goerg Zoeller since I was not able to cover all of the information he discusses in it. I also did not cover the new Flashpoint nor the new Operation in detail to not give away spoilers. You guys should read the Darth Hater articles if you want more details.

(And yes, more details about the BH "nerf" at the end of this post).

Links:

Legacy:

Species

• Note
    : All of the values will likely be retooled or changed before the 1.2 patch roll out. Everything here should be treated as such until the final values are updated. Values with * may be incorrect. All species unlocks can be unlocked by getting to 50 with a character of that species.

• Chiss – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

• Cyborg – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

• Human – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

• Miraluka – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

• Mirialan – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Rattataki – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Sith Pureblood – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Twilek – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Zabrak – Unlockable for 500,000* credits , legacy level 8

Alignment:

• Legacy of Sacrifice – Grants the use of the sacrifice ability to all characters. Injures your companion to instantly heal yourself. Requires level 50, Dark V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Legacy of Unity – Grants the use of the unity ability to all characters. Unity reduces damage to you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, Light V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Legacy of Equilibrium – Grants the use of the equilibrium ability to all characters. Equilibrium increases damage and healing by you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, neutral, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

Ship Unlocks:

• Mailbox – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Repair Droid – Unlockable for 1 million credits, legacy level 8

• Operation Training Dummy – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Warzone Training Dummy – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10, valor rank required

• Black Market Trade Terminal – Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 35

Combat:

• Legacy of Combat: Punch – Unlocks the unarmed combat function. Unlockable for 10,000 credits, legacy level 5, Valor rank level 5

• Legacy of Combat: Jab – Unlockable for 15,000 credits, legacy level 8, valor rank 10

• Legacy of Combat: Uppercut – Unlockable for 20,000 credits, legacy level 10,valor rank 15

• Legacy of Combat: Bash – Unlockable for 25,000 credits, legacy level 15,valor rank 25

Convenience:

• Legacy Fleet Pass – Cuts down the time of the use of Fleet Pass by increments of one hour for each of the levels. There are three levels to it and are unlockable for increments of 50,000 credits, 5 legacy levels (5, 10, 15)

• Legacy Quick Travel – Same as the above except that it is cut down by one minute each level instead.

• Rocket Boost – Short duration speed increase. Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 20

Achievement Mission Terminals :

• Several Achievement Mission Terminals are located in fleets of the two factions that now unlock achievement rewards for doing certain flashpoints, operations, etc.

• These feats require boss kills and more to unlock special speeder skins/colors.

Warzone:

Novare Coast

• Novare Coast is a majority control Warzone that pits two sides against each other

• In order to win, a team will have to control two of the three turret control panels to damage the shielding opposing side’s base

• If interrupted, players can also continue the progress where they left off if they are able to get back to the panel before the other side proceeds to capture it in the other direction

• The capture mechanic works almost like a tug of war centered on the points.

Interview with Georg Zoeller:

Operations:

• We’re not completely happy with the speed of some of the Operation’s fixes.

• We know there are a lot of pain points, especially in Eternity Vault with Soa.

• We now have a very senior team now dedicated specifically to going through all the Operations to make sure that every single report is verified and fixed

• Bugs: there is a dedicated team now dealing with these things and that should hopefully bring the response times more into a realm that we are happy with.

• There is a lot more interaction between the core combat, the balance team, and the Operations design team at this point.

• There are some pain points with area healing in Operations that we are addressing on the class side

Class Balance / Buffs / Nerfs:

• Bounty Hunter Mercenary healers or Scoundrel healers
    : we bolstered their area healing capability with some nice quality of life changes to make their healing output more predictable and overall comfortable to play

• We did some improvement on the Sage and the Sorcerer as well, but we also identified some bugs/exploits that we fixed that caused the class to over-perform.

• Nerfs
    : it’s obviously controversial if we decide we have to nerf something. I don’t expect people to throw us a parade. Ultimately, people are going to be very unhappy.

• There is the small-minded approach of “so many people play Sorcerer, BioWare is never going to touch them.” No, that is not how it works.

• So we did some changes there to rebalance that particular tree to move a bit out of the Tracer Missile, and require you to be more active in your combat style to achieve that kind of effect. You can call that a nerf. I call that housekeeping.

*EDIT*

In response to the price tag attached to the various Legacy unlocks, Georg Zoeller took the time to respond to our concerns (you can find his post in this very same thread):

I really want to see patch notes because if this is the extent of 1.2 then we're in trouble...

I really want to see patch notes because if this is the extent of 1.2 then we're in trouble...

Erm....This is only about half of what we've been told at this point, and the amount of code this ALONE introduces is staggering. What do you want? A full expansion? It takes most MMO's years of dedicated programming for those. And a secondary content team to develop that content so their primary team can work out bugs and content for vanilla/the last expansion. This is a HUGE amount of content.

Erm....This is only about half of what we've been told at this point, and the amount of code this ALONE introduces is staggering. What do you want? A full expansion? It takes most MMO's years of dedicated programming for those. And a secondary content team to develop that content so their primary team can work out bugs and content for vanilla/the last expansion. This is a HUGE amount of content.

because of all the hype over 1.2 i think alot of us are expecting something similar to an expansion.

They keep telling us 1.2 is the largest single content patch for an MMO--ever. That's some funny double-speak right there...

Edited by Dezzi

Legacy is a very clever "carrot" that makes sense and keeps people playing.

Hardcore gamers roll new alts to 85 in WoW because they want a new toon either for raiding or PvP. With legacy, hardcore gamers will roll alts to min-max their characters with new abilities. This is just a different form of carrot.

Casual gamers will roll new alts in order to be unique (bounty hunter with storm lightning) if they don't want to do dungeons or raid. Vanity is a big deal in a game, if people are willing to shell out US$25 for a mount just to be unique.

People with altoholism, wow enjoy your addiction! At least you now benefit from it, Bioware is encouraging it!

Roleplay gamers, wow, this is like the biggest dream for you! Conrad the jedi was a masterful jedi and one of the most respected members of the Order. He adopted a son named Squall, who too was strong in the Force and honored the Order. But he went against the teachings of the Jedi and took a wife. His son Sirius was rebellious and was led to the dark side and dishonored the Order, causing great grief to Squall, who died of heartbreak.

Legacy is a very clever form of carrot that appeals to all people. But I don't understand why having descendants will unlock ship upgrades. How does that work?

Edited by ConradLionhart

tbh im getting concerned about the new patch now 14th march, the information is sketchy at least and nothing on the ptr, im aware they said april but if it goes on any later where going to be in may which for many wil be to long.

my concern is that they will whack it on the ptr with no real long term testing i.e 4-6 weeks on ptr then we get a half arsed buggy patch like some of the smaller patches

So, with the current ridiculously op state of marauders, assassins, and sorcerers, the only class they actually go and nerf are bh/troopers? They can't be serious with this bs.

Could you point me to where the trooper nerf is talked about?

Thanks

Wolfe

IF they rework the Trace Missile spec just to remove the TM-spamming ... I'm fine with it as spamming one skill should NEVER be more powerfull then useing a propper rotation. But that's ONLY, if the over all performance isn't hurt by this change!

But then I don't get, why Sorc Lightning Spam isn't mentioned (and rep equi from Sage).

Sure, it doesn't hit for as much peer tick as TM does .. but therefore Sorc/Sage can do it forever without energy problems AND it has this braindead CC component.

Just imagin Unload without cooldown, no heat problems AND slow component (yes, I know you can skill it) which is followed each time by a FREE and INSTANT TM which might double hit.

Well ... Sorc/Sage have such a spec .... and the energy ball / rock hits for FAR more then TM does!

But I would be happy allready, when Force Sprint would get a 5 minute cooldown and Bubble maybe a 30 second cooldown PLUS "bubble can just absorb physical attacks". They still have this superior group buff with 20% elementel resitences.

PS:

- If user is hit by one of the Huttball traps while useing Force Speed he will be stuned for 5 seconds.

- Bubble can't absorb trap damage (as it is no physical damage) anymore.

Edited by Jahor

There is the small-minded approach of “so many people play Sorcerer, BioWare is never going to touch them.” No, that is not how it works.

> then proceeds on not touching them and instead talks about operatives and bounty hunters.

yep, seems legit.

IF they rework the Trace Missile spec just to remove the TM-spamming ... I'm fine with it as spamming one skill should NEVER be more powerfull then useing a propper rotation. But that's ONLY, if the over all performance isn't hurt by this change!

But then I don't get, why Sorc Lightning Spam isn't mentioned (and rep equi from Sage).

Sure, it doesn't hit for as much peer tick as TM does .. but therefore Sorc/Sage can do it forever without energy problems AND it has this braindead CC component.

Just imagin Unload without cooldown, no heat problems AND slow component (yes, I know you can skill it) which is followed each time by a FREE and INSTANT TM which might double hit.

Well ... Sorc/Sage have such a spec .... and the energy ball / rock hits for FAR more then TM does!

But I would be happy allready, when Force Sprint would get a 5 minute cooldown and Bubble maybe a 30 second cooldown PLUS "bubble can just absorb physical attacks". They still have this superior group buff with 20% elementel resitences.

PS:

- If user is hit by one of the Huttball traps while useing Force Speed he will be stuned for 5 seconds.

- Bubble can't absorb trap damage (as it is no physical damage) anymore.

Erm...They explicitly mention nerfing Sorc/Sage, they just don't go into specifics. My guess is that they did a fair bit of changes to the whole tree. Which is something they've mentions: 1.2 will redraw a couple of skill trees for a couple of different classes.

Edited by Drunkenfarmer

"Black Market Trade Terminal – Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 35"

Im sure all five players who will buy it will be happy trading.

I mean, _black_ market? Level 35? It will be so useless noone will buy and use it.

[...]

Roleplay gamers, wow, this is like the biggest dream for you! Conrad the jedi was a masterful jedi and one of the most respected members of the Order. He adopted a son named Squall, who too was strong in the Force and honored the Order. But he went against the teachings of the Jedi and took a wife. His son Sirius was rebellious and was led to the dark side and dishonored the Order, causing great grief to Squall, who died of heartbreak.

[...]

Its not for roleplayers but for nerds. Roleplayers want chat bubbles to actually roleplay

Edited by Satanski