Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!

lollermittens

Thanks for post! Without oworld PvP, housing, season festivals, free server transfers, dynamic public quests, debugs, etc. etc. game still doesn't worth time spent - and $15/month.

4 days of subscription left. Maybe I'll return a year later - if GW2, D3, MechWarrior Online will be sucky.

Edited by Pashgan

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for post! Without oworld PvP, housing, season festivals, free server transfers, dynamic public quests, debugs, etc. etc. game still doesn't worth time spent - and $15/month.

4 days of subscription left. Maybe I'll return a year later - if GW2, D3, MechWarrior Online will be sucky.

There is open world pvp, and they're planning on making improvements to encourage it more.

You have one, it's called space ship. They're working on making it more customizable.

You mean the thing they already announced they're going to do? It won't be OUR festivals though, since there is no Christmas in SW.

Server transfers are coming at least for some around late April. Whether they're free or not will depend. Not all games even have free transfers.

Debugs? You want to debug your own client? Or are you talking about bug fixes? You know, the stuff they've been putting in every patch since the game came out.

If you're not satisfied good riddance. This game is easily worth the $15/month I spend on it.

Edited by MillionsKNives

I'm sorry, but I'm strongly against being able to purchase these features with credits!!!

This to me is a horrible idea and will hinder any viability the Legacy system will have now and in the future.

Unless the legacy, valor, and social ranks only unlock these features, then they much be purchased. I really would NOT like to see this as a purchase "or" unlock.

Edited by Archimatt

Why is this interview never mentioned in any of the posts: http://swtorhub.com/dash-everything-swtor-12-interview-james-ohlen

Some things of note:

There’s a significant amount of work done there. The Galactic Trade Network, for anybody who is into that kind of thing; we’ve redone the entire search system, which is something that wasn’t supposed to get in for a long, long time. It sounds like it would be easy, but it’s a very big server task and our server engineers are pretty busy. However, they were able to fit it in, so that was a surprise feature that got in.

Game update 1 was something we needed to get out in the first month. We wanted to make sure that we had that game update out there. With game update 2, the date is a little more flexible. So we’ve been able to make sure that we have all the testing we need in terms of guild testing and everything else so we can catch any issues.

Ilum taught us some valuable lessons, unfortunately, at the cost of a little bit of a black eye back then.

Oh! There’s another thing we’re adding to game update 2. We’re adding dynamic events to the universe. I don’t want to go more into it as it’s a surprise. People will learn more about it when it gets released, but we have a whole team basically devoted to building that stuff out.

Eventually, we do have plans to have animal mounts, but not for game update 2. There’s a ton of different things that we want to get into the game, and you’ll see them as we unveil each game update. Update 3 and 4 are already… Actually, game update 3 is already well on its way, because game update 2 is in testing right now. With game update 4, we already have a lot of the content already being worked on…well, all the content being worked on now and we’re closing in on a final state. Game update 5 has a full team working on that.

In order for the searches to not bring down the servers…it’s much more complicated than a simple search function. I learned this. When I first got the estimate of how expensive it was, I was like, “What! Why the hell is it this expensive?” Then it all made sense.

For launch, we needed to have a search function, so we tried to figure out a search function that would work that could be completed in the time period available to us. We put that in. We then had the server programmers working on a full standard search system, and then we could also get a sense on how our fans reacted to our temporary search system. How bad was it? Turns out it was pretty bad! (laughs)

I was like, “Alright, we’re going to have a whole bunch of fans playing the game and it’ll probably take them 3-4 months until level 50 becomes the place where a majority of where the people are as that we have over 200 hours of leveling time.” But then the average gameplay session turned out to be 6 hours, which is ridiculous. We hired an independent group to do a measurement and they said that it was higher than any other game that EA has ever done. It’s higher than Skyrim by double, it’s higher than any other MMO that we’ve ever measured.

Ten Ton Hammer: So you are able to see other people’s combat actions if you go out of game and parse the logs?

James Ohlen: Yes.

Why is this interview never mentioned in any of the posts: http://swtorhub.com/dash-everything-swtor-12-interview-james-ohlen

Some things of note:

I really don't understand what surprised them with Ilum that they shouldn't have already seen in WAR (and by that I mean in their time running WAR, never mind any Devs that are still their from the Mythic days).

Unfortunately it seem like they are now abandoning it for the foreseeable future with 1.2, and who knows when, if ever, that will be brought back to the fore. :(

um... what?

they've announced how much wealth people have once... the point is that it doesn't actually mean anything right now. There's no way of knowing whether people had substantially more or less than that, at this moment.

which wasnt an "at this precise moment people have X" it was a, people at 50 generally have this wealth over their entire time currently spent AT 50.

• Legacy Fleet Pass – Cuts down the time of the use of Fleet Pass by increments of one hour for each of the levels. There are three levels to it and are unlockable for increments of 50,000 credits, 5 legacy levels (5, 10, 15)

• Legacy Quick Travel – Same as the above except that it is cut down by one minute each level instead.

Everything looks awesome except the Legacy Quick Travel. Three levels for only one minute each? So we can only reduce Quick Travel from 30 minutes to 27 minutes? That's pretty lame. It should go by five minute increments, IMO. Maybe only have 2 levels then at 100,000 credits each, for a total reduction of 10 minutes. But reducing it by 3 minutes is pointless.

which wasnt an "at this precise moment people have X" it was a, people at 50 generally have this wealth over their entire time currently spent AT 50.
No, I'm pretty sure it was of the form "X% of level 50s have less than Y credits"

edit:

80% of level 50 players have less than 400,000 credits. Less than 1% have 10 million credits.
Yup, that says only what is current as of the time of the quote; it also only looks at level 50s, so if someone masses credits on a bank alt, they are not being included.

Can you dig out a quote that says otherwise?

Edited by ferroz

Everything looks awesome except the Legacy Quick Travel. Three levels for only one minute each? So we can only reduce Quick Travel from 30 minutes to 27 minutes? That's pretty lame. It should go by five minute increments, IMO. Maybe only have 2 levels then at 100,000 credits each, for a total reduction of 10 minutes. But reducing it by 3 minutes is pointless.

Better to make it too small at first and make it bigger than make it too big and then nerf it.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

Hi Georg! Big Fan! Loved your presentation/responses at the Guild Summit!

With the gushing out of the way, one thing I've never been clear on that hopefully you (or somebody else) can clarify:

Is all "Alt XP Earned" wasted until you get at least 1 character through Chapter 1?

Have I actually crippled my Legacy Advancement by having level 34, 33, and 26 characters none of whom have quite finished Chapter 1?

Will my efforts be "retroactively unlocked/rewarded" when one of my characters completes Chapter 1? Will I be ok so long as one of my characters completes Chapter 1 before 1.2 goes Live?

Thanks in advance and for all you are doing for the game!

You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

I'm at Legacy level 14 by doing just that, I have one 50 and a bunch of other toons from 30 down to 18 (30, 24, 21, 19 and 18). I have also deleted a number of toons that were up to level 12.

From what DarthHater has reported I have unlocked the vasy majority of the Legacy benefits.

I hope that it's correct that I don't have to spend one red credit for any of these Legacy benefits.

Edited by iain_b

So, with the current ridiculously op state of marauders, assassins, and sorcerers, the only class they actually go and nerf are bh/troopers? They can't be serious with this bs.

Every class will have all of its talent points refunded upon the implementation of 1.2. Expect broad sweeping changes across the board -- if you had read the Class Balance / Buffs / Nerfs section more carefully, you'd have seen that Georg Zoeller confirmed that Sorcs will be getting some buffs in AoE-healing and other areas without going into the specifics.

BHs are not getting a nerf. They're just making it so the class doesn't revolve around the mechanism of a one-button rotation with complimentary skills in-between spamming that one ability; they're actually re-designing it the other way around where your complimentary abilities will take priority over Trace Missile/Grav Round spamming.

Honestly, everyone should be looking forward to 1.2... It can only bring good things.

PS - Marauders are not OP in any way at all. They only become viable once you have Rakata/BM weapons. Champion weapons do not cut it in any way and the class is still very weak/squishy unless played carefully and intelligently. I will concede that tank spec'd Assassins/Shadows with a 4-piece PvE set are incredibly overpowered (that's my other toon and they are both BMs, so trust me when I tell you that my Assassin was melting facing with a Champion weapon and outsurviving pretty much everyone). It goes without saying that the hybrid spec of Sorcs/Sages need to be looked at since no other classes has that advantage of having the best of both worlds.

Edited by lollermittens

There is open world pvp, and they're planning on making improvements to encourage it more.

There isn't any open world pvp, not even on pvp servers. First, you have to actually see someone in order to engage.

Second, there has to be a reason outside of the short 1 minute thrill of the kill.

Thirdly, their so called PvP zone, Ilum, has been officially mothballed and all dailies can be done inside warzones.

I can go on and on, as others, that PvP in this game is dead. Population is a major reason. People have said that the top what, 5 classes are all imperial? Now you want to do same faction warzones and now we will be fighting against our own side. How fun is that and where is the sense of faction war? No conflict.

They can say they are looking into it but they might want to consider doing a bit more, rather quickly, before those who do want to pvp leave in masses. Don't get me wrong, the PvE / Quest aspect - they did great.

Pvp though - EPIC FAILURE.

Great information! The dev communication in this game keeps getting better and better. You may not like what they are saying, but they are communicating (both ways!) -- much appreciated.

Down with haters.

Sorry if this has been asked before but there are too many pages for me to sift through at the moment. With the legacy option can the last name/benefits etc be applied to already existing alts or only to newly rolled alts? I have my main character but I also have a server full of alts most of whom are at least level 10 and I'd hate to have to delete them all just so I could get the legacy benefits.

Thanks

And so the nerfs begin... You could always rename it "How to hurt a already damaged game", nerfing always causes hassle & upset, no matter whatever flavour you make it!

Try giving your child a ice cream, now "slap" their face & take the ice cream away, are they upset? Now eat the ice cream with them watching! Well done, you have mastered the art of Nerfing ©Blizzard/Trion/BW.

PS. And no, my main isn't a Sage or Sorc or BH. But the rest of the classes are next, long runs the fox in the world that has become FOTMMMORPGs. :o

LMAO I love the analogy.

Im a Merc and I'm sure I'll get by with out a problem...adapt I hope. Im no fan of nerfs either but your points valid...kinda seems like they will just piss of one crowd to shut the mouths of the other pissed crowd haha.

Lots of stuff in this update, I hope they keep this up!

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

Are legacy purchased items such as the GTN available to all your chars or is it 5 million each char?

Tbh with the races, would it not be better that if you got to 50 you got a token you could use to unlock a different race. Get to 50 with a human, get a token, choose to unlock Chiss. Then play a Chiss, choose to unlock Pureblood. That way you don't have to level a race just to unlock that race so you can play that race again, but you still get rewarded for leveling multiple races.

Better idea but ofc doesn't make sense with the legacy system. Supposed to have the feel that the 50 you just levelled is the father/mother of the new character you have just created, but then that is hardly important.

If I want to play a certain class/race combo, it is easier to grind about 7-9 days of dailies and pay 1.5m to open the new race.

Regarding faction imbalance. A simple solution should be put in place until the factions are closer in population, I recommend giving anyone who plays Republic, Bonus XP (more than the 100% rested XP), or perhaps give a bonus to credit rewards, or some other system. Make this very visible at the faction choice screen during character creation. Planetside had this years ago. That game had 3 factions to try and balance. Whenever a faction was lower compared to the others bonus XP was given out. It should obviously be server specific and scale with the current imbalance.

most annoying thing about the BH/SS 'nerfing' is its all due to PvP whining and will impact on PvE only players unless BW/EA come up with a way of splitting PvE/PvP skills.....atm though its PvP whining killing PvE

My Scoundrel would like to talk to you. We apparently had to be nerfed else all the Sorcerer players would quit the game and that is like 75% of the playerbase.

And so the nerfs begin... You could always rename it "How to hurt a already damaged game", nerfing always causes hassle & upset, no matter whatever flavour you make it!

Try giving your child a ice cream, now "slap" their face & take the ice cream away, are they upset? Now eat the ice cream with them watching! Well done, you have mastered the art of Nerfing ©Blizzard/Trion/BW.

PS. And no, my main isn't a Sage or Sorc or BH. But the rest of the classes are next, long runs the fox in the world that has become FOTMMMORPGs. :o

Games should be balanced. Sometimes this calls for skills/classes that are overperforming to be nerfed. And it rarely, if ever, has anything to do with people complaining on the forums. Of course, all you see is "nerf" and begin crying foul without any real knowledge as to why said skill/class was rebalanced.

Not that you want any; as soon as they tell you why something was nerfed, you would just make up something else anyway and call them liars. Sorry, nerfing/buffing is a neverending cycle in MMOs. Don't like it, find another genre.