The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

I have a 6months sub. Played for a month, liked that it didnt need me to :

a) look for guides for every FP

b) min/max my spec/gear

c) lose 20-30h reading the best rotation for every situation (and another 20-30h after each patch)

d) farm/grind endlessly for xx bit of gear

I feel great that I can be on par with the community with the 2-3h/day that i can afford on this game. Also, I loved the class stories (IA, SI & SW so far) and that i didnt felt hugely penaltized for rolling an alt (could level and equip 3 chars without feeling that I should be playing my main in order to keep him competitive).

Didnt like the:

a) craft system (especially the multi prefixes in RE items & the time need to get the "right" prefix and the bop craft materials in HM FP (boe would help the GTN, thankfully its getting fixed in 1.2)

b) objects collision (too many times my chars get stuck while falling a steep rock)

For the first time in 8 years (3 of them hardcore, 16h/day no lifer raider) of playing MMO's I feel that this is a game, not a work. Feels relaxed and not a constant race for gear.

If they keep this way or make it even more solo player friendly (like solo instances/raids etc), I m here for the years to come. If they decide to make it another e-peen gear competition and favor the raiders, then, when my 6months end, I ll go searching for another MMO, one truely innovative that will favor me, the individual player over the raiders for once.

And to all the "go play a single player game instead" replies:

a) no single player has the vast content of a MMO

b) no single player has content updates - dlc's are a joke and we all know it while volume 2,3, xx of a game are usually a fail because they come either too quick (so you play a usually smaller vol 1), or too slow (where volume 2 is alien to the series due to major differences with vol1)

c) no single player has auction house

d) no single player has the option to chat with people for all around the world, colleagues that are abroad etc, while playing.

Edited by Vindigore

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me its ALL about server population... if my server is still dead after 1.2. I'm gone.

Right now I can't raid because the server population is so low... i can't run flashpoints either. Guilds can't recruit. it blows. I'm not rerolling and starting over legacy when im level 30 legacy with 3 level 50 characters. Either server transfers with legacy included or I'm gone.

Edited by Volcan

At this point, I am in the month to month undecided camp as far as this game goes. For as long as I waited and anticipated this games release, to be at that stage after three and a half months saddens me.

agreed

I took a break some time back cause i felt the game didnt live up to my expectations. Then I was bored and felt i didnt give it enough time so resubbed and a few days ago i cancelled again and my reason this time was going to another game.

WoW

TOR has no soul its an empty void.

Nope. Didn't even check how many days or hours I have left. I care not what happens next. The game is simply getting dull and duller every time I log in. I contribute the low pop, customer service, quality control and game content for the very reason I never bother to check if it's up for renewal. I had three months when I started. It feels like it's been that long.

Yes, even though this game lacks many of the things I hoped for Bioware are doing a good job in listening to the community and adding things in patches, this game will be the best within a few more major patches.

Listening to the community is a major advantage for a developer team, the FFXI developer team did so and made their game amazing, too bad RMT ruined it.

At this moment in time...I am leaning towards no.

I find myself very bored with the game right now and the proposed changes in 1.2 don't look very promising. In fact 1.2 patch notes make me question the developers aptitude.

very very repetitive content.

space zombies in star wars....really stupid

very questionable class "balance" decisions

ugly armor designs

biochem will probably still be the best crew skill for end game content.

foolish notion of changing character customization options and outright refusal to allow us to re-customize existing characters.

the list goes on

too many boneheaded decisions that have and are currently being made for this game.

Edited by Vinak

No, I have already canceled and I was a big spokesperson for TOR.

The new 1.2 focuses on Legacy which has nothing to do with community. Plus, their exciting feature such as unlocking a race for other classes is not only a laughable implementation from a lore perspective, but cries dated and lacks innovation.

The entire patch is focused around something that would be cool in a single player RPG with MMO aspects secondary, such as pre-season PVP and Operations. They named the patch "Legacy".... Why the focus around leveling and aesthetics is beyond me. They said they were introducing the moronic "fourth pillar" to the genre, but wanting to bring back RPG, doesn't mean you forget about the first three letters--MMO.

They brag its the biggest patch in MMO history, meanwhile the game is still incomplete without it. Even if the new PVP and PVE stuff is great, it is still small in comparison to their end game as a whole. A new Operation? So what, the other ones are basically non existent since the difficulty is/was a joke. WoW is the most successful MMO on the market and they admit their game starts at 85 (when you reach level cap). They openly admit their game is all about end game. BioWare copied a lot of features that are dated from WoW (such as their talent system) and even resemble Vanilla WoW issues in terms of bare bones combat. They state they didn't want to reinvent the wheel, yet they try to with the most crucial aspect of the genre... end game.

All in all, I am sick of waiting around. I waited five years for this game to launch, which is a long time for development and it launched incomplete. The first sign of a hope and we get stuff that should have been at launch with nothing really new. Not to mention the patch isn't even out yet and it is already disappointing.

Everyone I know who tested 1.2 says the game is still missing a lot. The end game is lacking. Every MMO that has failed before, lacked end game. The reason why this WILL stay afloat is because it is Star Wars, but with MOP, GW2 and Diablo 3 around the corner, no one is going to continue to wait past 1.2 and its refusal to cater to an MMO player.

And it still remains... If BioWare didn't spend all its damn resources on voice overs, we would have so much more. Leveling is cool, until you're past level 32 and its the same old space bar spamming missions with nothing but kill and click quests. Sticking through it only gets you to a dead end at 50, currently and with slightly more to do in the next.

This will be a niche game. With 1.2 falling short, it simply won't compete and anyone playing it is either a BioWare SP fan or a Star Wars fan.

I met a lot of cool people waiting for the game, they have all quit and this has turn my MMO heart cold.

Thanks BioWare, for showing the MMO genre you can still be successful hiding behind a major IP, primarily tailoring to casual and putting solo first.

Just canceled my sub. Sigh.

I've been on this forum for years, followed it pre-development very closely, was hyped for years, etc. I can't lie to myself anymore, if this weren't Star Wars I probably wouldn't have bothered playing to 50. Haven't played in about a week because nothing is compelling me to log in.

The worlds and environments are boring, nothing is tying me visually to my character (brown dull robes are lame. My Columi set lacks attractive design), the traveling is SO cumbersome with all the dead space and loading screens and loading screens and loading screens. It's almost as if they were TRYING to make this game feel as much as a lobbied multiplayer game as possible. It's not a convincing MMO when everything is linear and instanced and separated with obnoxiously long loading screens. Sheesh. I'd have preferred they released the game with one or two _enormous_ planets with seamless designs instead of 16 miniature boxes to play in.

Edited by Matteis

For now, yes.... if 1.2 comes sooner rather than later. i'm pretty much looking foward too all the changes in crafting.

But I don't for how longer that alone will keep me playing. I'm stranded on a dying server. All I can do is grind daylies solo. And there aren't any news about merges, and transfers, "they are working on them" but no ETA.

SGRs will be implemented sometime "this year" and we don't know how, so starting a new character brings a lot of doubts.

Lastly, I was pretty happy with my Combat medic, but she'll be taking a harsh nerf, which adds to the disspointment.

My sub is up, but I don't see it like that for much longer if things dont change. I think this game could have used at least another 6 months of development....

I just cancelled my sub. Im bored tbh, Ive played all the content and Im just struggling to find a reason to log in.

Its getting harder and harder to find groups to do content and the whole game feels like its bleeding players every day.

I enjoyed it for a time and I was hoping 1.2 would give me a reason to stay on but it just doesnt sound like it will.

I can tell you with 100% accuracy that me, and my entire guilds, are in this for the long haul. We're here for years to come. Can't wait to see what BioWare has planned! :cool:

Can't tell if trolling or...

Can't tell if trolling or...

100% truth. I'm subbed to 6 months, and I will again, and so are my guildies. We've gamed together since 2004, so I know.

No other MMO has EVER been in this good of a condition only 2 months from launch. EVER.

And I have never been a BioWare fanboi. Just calling it like I see it.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

well i wanted to play till the game is ended by bioware cause of guild capital ships. but then when i called someone a "moron" for trying to say that "everyone" who picked imperial did so because "BT can be solo'd at lvl 11 but esseles could not"...i was "warned" not to be mean or hurt someone's feelings by a forum mod.

so dont speak your mind, dont give anyone a reality check, dont say anything mean or realistic to someone cause if you hurt someones poor little sensitive feelings and make them sad then you'll be in trouble.

if its so easy to get in trouble for someone as stupid as calling a moron a moron then there's a good chance at some point down the road you'll do or say something that gets your acct banned and all your hard work is lost cause you cant be a friggen carebear 100% of the time

Leaning heavily towards a cancel. Haven't logged on in days, none of my friends are logging on, server population isn't very good, and all sorts of things I read about the 1.2 patch are making me lose even more interest in the game.

well i wanted to play till the game is ended by bioware cause of guild capital ships. but then when i called someone a "moron" for trying to say that "everyone" who picked imperial did so because "BT can be solo'd at lvl 11 but esseles could not"...i was "warned" not to be mean or hurt someone's feelings by a forum mod.

so dont speak your mind, dont give anyone a reality check, dont say anything mean or realistic to someone cause if you hurt someones poor little sensitive feelings and make them sad then you'll be in trouble.

if its so easy to get in trouble for someone as stupid as calling a moron a moron then there's a good chance at some point down the road you'll do or say something that gets your acct banned and all your hard work is lost cause you cant be a friggen carebear 100% of the time

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! OMG, seriously, I have never seen such a long paragraph of laughable crap in my LIFE!!

Thanks for the laughs! Hehehehe....

Guild capital ships will be the best thing this game has ever received.

Absolutely not. I'm waiting for my sub to run out.

The game has no challenge. Pvp is mind numbingly boring. Open world pvp is broken.

Theres no longer even a carrot to keep people playing. Too many whiney ******es want everything handed to them. When you call them out on it the little miserable ******es throw out the "Well I want a level pvp playing field" card.

Seriously? If you want a level playing field, earn your damn gear. If you need to have it handed to you, and have your diaper changed, you're not a pvper to begin with. I already had my up hill battle (Level 50s in wzs with everyone else? Sure, no problem. Out geared by level 50s in wzs? Sure, again, no big issue. Done and done.), then when I hit the top...it gets reset so that people that can't actually pvp can have the gear? Yeah...no.

All the easy moders. All the whiners. All the entitled pvers. All those who just can't play, but want all the end game items. You haven't quite ruined the game, yet. But you're getting damn close. I can't sub to a game and watch it get slowly ***** and beated by a bunch of half assed gamers who can't actually play the game, and earn their way.

Then the final stab for pvp. Attempting to make it an e-sport? Are you *********** kidding me?

Everything is handed to everyone, so why *********** bother?

I'm discusted that I wasted my money on this huge dairy queen dog **** swirl of a game. This game has effectively lowered my expectations of pretty much all new releases.

Today is my last day. Why? Not enough Sandbox in this MMO, it's as simple as that. It wasn't advertised, but BioWare did ask me what I would like to see in SWTOR so I told them. Sadly, they told me that while they like sandbox features too, it's pretty low on their list of priorities right now. It's coming in April, so maybe I'll re-sub then. Cyas.

I uh don't hate SWTOR. I love Star Wars, I enjoy playing some aspects of this video game, I've just come to realise that I just do not like BioWare. It's weird. i know. I've learned to live with it.

Edited by Tricky-Ha