Sorcerers... do they really need ALL these abilities?

XxPetexX

OK, you guys are right. That's why we see matches with 4 to 6 Sorcs/Sage at both teams all the time. People like to play the weekest class most.

Oh wait, they don't like to play UP classes .... so there must be an other reason why we see 4-6.

Dude, everybody KNOW how OP they are and that's why they are the most played class.

All the defenders very likely just play Sorc/Sage and don't want to level the next FOTM class as soon as Sorc/Sage get nerfed.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, you guys are right. That's why we see matches with 4 to 6 Sorcs/Sage at both teams all the time. People like to play the weekest class most.

Oh wait, they don't like to play UP classes .... so there must be an other reason why we see 4-6.

Dude, everybody KNOW how OP they are and that's why they are the most played class.

All the defenders very likely just play Sorc/Sage and don't want to level the next FOTM class as soon as Sorc/Sage get nerfed.

then who keeps spamming all those darn missiles???

i agree, I think the ppl who complain about sorcs dont play one. They have no idea what its really like. Best bet is the complainers just arent very good at pvp. they think everyone but them are OP when they really just dont have the skillset yet.

I have had a lvl 50 Sorc since early Jan (first character I leveled) and I do definitely think the hybrid specs make it OP. My bet is that those of you who are defending (like calling it weak :D ) the class must be bad players yourselves - either because you don't realize how strong a Sorc can be when using all its powers or because you won't play PVP unless you have the strongest class.

You might want to talk with the guy from the "time to nerf smash" thread, he is of the impression that people all seem to be rolling warriors.

Actually, you can clearly see that i put 5 Sages and 3 JK/SW's every match.

L2read

Edited by Theology

Knockbacks, roots, stuns, sprints, CC AND bubble?

Are all of these really necessary???

Yes,

Yes they are.

Oh and good luck with trying to get us nerfed. Many fail threads have tried and failed.

Sprint isn't necessary, and we all know that, however Bioware won't remove it; there would be an overflow of rage from the most popular class in the game.

The other abilities they have are fine, giving them sprint though is just stupid.

Sprint isn't necessary, and we all know that, however Bioware won't remove it; there would be an overflow of rage from the most popular class in the game.

The other abilities they have are fine, giving them sprint though is just stupid.

You're fun :)

considering that a sorc/sage must stand still using this abilitiy most of the time waiting for a proc it is by far not over the top. oh and also considering that you do not need more than interrupting this one spell to nearly totally shut down their damage.

but hey, who cares about powertech/vanguard being able to spamm their slow attached to their spammable damage abilitiy WHILE still moving.

to answer the qeustion of the op: YES! they do and actually with their low (lowest single target) damage of all classes it is not enough!

p.s. and not to forget the long cd on many of their utilities that other classes can counter with abilities on lower cd, some even on 15s or 12s.

Ok I call this a load of crap.

How is anyone that has a 10 meter interrupt going to get near a 30 meter stun and interrupts?

And also a load of crap about damage as the freaking DoTs kill you while you are attempting to get near them or locked down by them or interupted by them.

I would have no problem with giving them more damage in exchange for nerfing the insane amount of CC they have.

You might want to talk with the guy from the "time to nerf smash" thread, he is of the impression that people all seem to be rolling warriors.

And I was the one who thought that everyone rolls a Merc.

Perception is a weird thing.

Knockbacks, roots, stuns, sprints, CC AND bubble?

Are all of these really necessary???

Isn't it self explanatory, if we didn't need it we don't use it, in which case it would not be up for debate either. Are you flame baiting or something?

How is anyone that has a 10 meter interrupt going to get near a 30 meter stun and interrupts?

And also a load of crap about damage as the freaking DoTs kill you while you are attempting to get near them or locked down by them or interupted by them.

I would have no problem with giving them more damage in exchange for nerfing the insane amount of CC they have.

Its true about shutdown part, less we talking lightning/madness. Most other Corruption/madness or Pure spec madness rely on Force lightning for damage, more than often wrath doesn't hit till 2 or 3rd tick if it does, in first force lightning at all.

On other hand lightning/madness another story, since quite often lightning effusion proc more often, so facing this built which i run, it won't shut it down. It will slow my wrath procs but still allow me to use Death field, afflication or shock, till the interuption is over, it will simply change my rotation, same way that stopping tracer missile with interupt will stop tracer missile but not the unload thats bound to come after.

Edited by Barzarel

I'm playing a sage, i'm a pvp whore player all i can say is that a warrior can kill my sage with 670expertise in 3-4 hits while i have to kite him

for a 10-30sec combat fight (depends how good he is). i would be saying that those spells wouldnt be needed if this game was just another nuker ultra dmg BUT, since melee can jumb on you and kill you that easy i'll say there are Needed 1000% coze warriors are dominating sorc-sages, unless you think that the dot dmg is greater and faster than the burst dmg melee players do with high rig gear.

Admit it, you would rage so hard if they removed sprint.....How would you be able to briskly jog through all of those non-mountable areas, whilst the rest of us suffer in anguish!

I like you :)

Isn't it self explanatory, if we didn't need it we don't use it, in which case it would not be up for debate either. Are you flame baiting or something?

He, it's all a matter of scaling.

You could need it to struggle your way to relative efficiency.

You could needt it to be balanced in groups.

You could need it to be balanced 1vs1.

You could need it to dominate in groups.

You could need it to dominate 1vs1.

You could need it to be an unstoppable killing machines who splashes 2K heals when multihitting 3K.

Wherever you are on the scale, you will allways need all your abilities. The question is : where are you on this scale when using your abilties ?

Hint : you are neither on an unstoppable killing machine level nor on a struggle to efficiency level.

you obviously cry when someone kills you with dots but you seriously compare the dot dmg with the burst dmg that a melee can do? i'm not familiar with warriors abilities but i see my 16k health bar drop in 3-4 hits hwile i have to cast 10-15skills to kill him.

if you are a high gear pvp melee and you have problems killing a sage-sorc you're doing something wrong.

I'm a sage and i kill lots of melees players, but when i fight some good pvp players on my pvp level it's 50-50% who's going to win. most times i win but it's all about tactics and sometimes luck.

i play sage(expertise 670)

Seems like all the whiners are combining all three trees. If your heal spec, you do crap damage. If you speck purely for heals, you don't get alot of the CC stuff either. The only spec that needs fixing is the hybrid. Hybrid can spec into two trees worth of CC, making it OP. The sacrifice dps and some survivability to do this, but the CC more then makes up for it. All that needs to happen is to put the CC stuff higher in the tree so we can't spec into two trees worth.

For the record, a madness tree sorc gets:

1 stun - 30s cooldown (if specced for it, 1min cooldown otherwise)

1 stun - breaks on damage, long cooldown but lasts 7s if nobody breaks it early.

1 knockback - 30s cooldown (I think)

1 2s root type ability. Top tree ability on madness, stops player for 2s but they can still attack.

2 snares - one is channeled, so you can't move.

That's all you get in the madness tree. Given our relatively low dps and light armor, it's really not that much. Personally, I'd like to see our 7s stun work even thru damage to be on par with Ops who have much bigger burst dps.

Oh, and as for healing ourselves... without healspec, our healing is garbage. One decent heal that's 3s cast time. Pushbacks make it useless if your getting hit while your casting it, I mostly chew down pvp stims as often as they pop up for survivability.

Edited by Caeelar

Be carefull what you wish for. If they gave me a really big insta cast nuke, I'd be waaay deadlier then I am with a channeled snare.

1 stun - 30s cooldown (if specced for it, 1min cooldown otherwise)

50s

1 stun - breaks on damage, long cooldown but lasts 7s if nobody breaks it early.

8s. Use it ONLY when you know it wont be broken. So WZs are out ;P

1 knockback - 30s cooldown (I think)

20s

1 2s root type ability. Top tree ability on madness, stops player for 2s but they can still attack.

9s CD

2 snares - one is channeled, so you can't move.

Slow is 6s slow on 12s CD

Other one is actually movement increase for attacker because he moves 50% faster than you since you have to CHANNEL it :eek:

And it has to be mentioned that any combination of sarc CC will fill resolve, and theres only 1 hard cc that doesnt break on dmage - stun.

Be carefull what you wish for. If they gave me a really big insta cast nuke, I'd be waaay deadlier then I am with a channeled snare.

These people doesnt think. Because they really DONT want more damage on sorc, because then sorc would actually pwn them instead of running away :D

Edited by GrandMike

Admit it, you would rage so hard if they removed sprint.....How would you be able to briskly jog through all of those non-mountable areas, whilst the rest of us suffer in anguish!

Dude, without sprint.. I'd lose my mind in those stupid orbital space stations...

Really. Too bad utility doesnt kill stuff. 1 sentinel has all utility that is needed+kills sorc in 10-15s.

Whats better? And no, stunned/slowed/rooted sorc aint getting away, and it dies absolutely FASTEST of all classes.

Objective based pvp... means news flash!

You can win Huttball without killing anything....

You can win Voidstar without killing anything....

You can win Alderaan without killing anything...

Objective based pvp... means news flash!

You can win Huttball without killing anything....

You can win Voidstar without killing anything....

You can win Alderaan without killing anything...

Try and see! Please take footage of your team winning and not killing anything (just using utility) in competitive macth. :D

Edited by GrandMike

It will get balanced sooner or later , now most of player base play this class and its difficult to do this without rated wz and combat logs

Arguing that force speed , knockback with root and bubble that stuns and many other tools its not too much package its a bit pointless if you realy think this game its balanced.