1.2 Trailer, see the new armor

Merkinz

Smuggler gear... oh the horror. So we get what? Exchange from Zorro look to pyjamas with toilet seat as a helmet?

No thank you lol.

Someone on Dev team clearly wants Smugglers to be LEAST played class ><

Edited by Bartes

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty much past just opinion now, some of that gear is awful and most of it lacks any sort of Star Wars feel, I dunno how they can keep getting it so wrong.

If PVP gear isn't unslottable in 1.2 (my worry is that it's not, with PVP sabers unable to use the new crystals but end game PVE sabers be able), then that would likely be the end for me and I'll be gone.

That's about as close as I would ever some to a "I quit" post.

That you can change ui, combat log and more things to do is what i want and it was they sad they will add in that trailer, good that players that care about how the armour look get more to play around with to. Edited by skidrows

That you can change ui, combat log and more things to do is what i want and it was they sad they will add in that trailer, good that players that care about how the armour look get more to play around with to.

I think they mentioned something "close" to combat log not actual combat log. If I remember right you will be able to see who/what killed you only.

Other than that we will get some file with "combat log" to read after you logged from game.

Hmmm maybe I'll write some piece of code to display it properly...

Shock and dismay, yet again the republic armor is fugly (excepting trooper) while the empire armor looks bad ***.

jugg and BH armor looks good, sorcs looks like some kind of low budget horror movie reject. and IA looks like scubba steve.

To be totally clear we are not getting a true combat log. We are getting a parsable(sp?) log you can access outside the actual game. No in game combat log coming in 1.2.

Honestly, what they're providing is 100x better than an in-game combat log. Most of the (useful) things people really want to do with a combat log require automated parsing and statistical analysis anyway (which can't be done with an in-game log).

Once again republic gets a steaming pile of **** to equip.

Oh and LOL at what smugglers are gonna have to wear!

Meh, i'll just turn off the helm which is what I do 90% of the time. But since I can change the colors now I don't think it will be that bad.

But...unless they fix the broken scoundrel I think I will stick to my commando healer. Now with cooler gear.

Edited by Tetrablade

Umm no the jugg one is terrible....have you ever watched a star wars movie...

yea, the movies that usually end with the ship self-destructing or something? man its been awhile....

actually the smuggler outfit doesnt look too bad, makes you look like....who is that bounty hunter from star wars clone wars cartoon? something bane?

bane-whoever is the reason i choose a bountry hunter in the first place as his appearance, demeanor, and combat style appealed to me more so than force users. i never saw the appeal of boba fett, the guy was a total pushover. even jengo fett was a pushover.

Edited by Ryotknife

Umm no the jugg one is terrible....have you ever watched a star wars movie...

Aside from the color palette, it looks stylistically pretty similar to Darth Vader to me, honestly. As for the color, I think red fits with the Sith pretty well too (between the red lightsabers and Darth Maul's face, it's not really out of line with the movies either).

The gear options would be pretty limited if you could only wear the specific outfits that were worn in the movies (not to mention that SWTOR takes place a couple of thousand years before the movies and fashions can change a lot in that time).

Edited by Dzhokhar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.