1.2 Trailer, see the new armor

Merkinz

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, looks like a version of colour to chest is back which is great and the new lightsaber colours has definitely perked an interest.

Warrior armour looks awful but the Bounty Hunter armour looks pretty menacing. Atleast Jedi Knight now has a Jedi looking robe instead of the space samurai

One worrying thing is i'm sure I just saw a smuggler force choking someone so I really hope I'm wrong

Other than that it looks pretty good.

The Jedi republic gear in game, I have not watched the movie yet, is freaking boring. Brown everything? Add some color please!

Everyone wearing the same stuff was terrible game design, I am glad the are trying to fix it. They need more variations for certain.

If the new pvp gear doesn't come with an augment slot, no one will be using them anyway. Once we can pull mods out and put them in orange gear with augment slots, that will be the strongest combo. I'm curious to see if this new tier comes with augment slots.

I'm blown away by all of the new things coming in this patch!

All the more detail the options are going to have, pvp warzone tab, appearance tab, GUI, etc.

That being said, as much as I want all the content to be ready by this month, I will be patient and wait until everything has been fleshed out and in proper order.

I like the new bh armor, its ******...I'm wondering if the set bonuses will be different.

They f'n shoulda made PvP Blasters be able to change their crystals considering the damn vendors that sell the white crystals got introduced in 1.15.

I swear they increased the bag drop rate of BM tokens, I'v gotten 4 in a row from 4 bags, its a little redic....mind you nobody I have known has gotten that many post patch, most I'v heard pre patch was 3, (Heavensbread, Davik's Estate).....Why me?

I noticed on the video it had a Ranked Solo button...interesting if it'll be only solo queues and not premades....

In the new warzone I noticed it will take multiple people to cap an objective...interesting

Are legacy abilities gonna be some spinoff of DAOC style cross class abilities?

The Graphic and customization updates look nice

More daily mission besides Ilum, pvp, pve.....Correlia...hmmm

And then at the end they list 30 different things.....

This is gonna be big lol like a 1.0 patch really .......

I actually broke out laughing while watching this once, just hearing the epic music play while someone moved the UI window around.

dun dun dun DUNNNNNN NOW YOU CAN MOVE THE MAP LOOK AT THAT LOOK NOW ITS OVER HERE NOW ITS OVER THERE! THE ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION!

I actually broke out laughing while watching this once, just hearing the epic music play while someone moved the UI window around.

dun dun dun DUNNNNNN NOW YOU CAN MOVE THE MAP LOOK AT THAT LOOK NOW ITS OVER HERE NOW ITS OVER THERE! THE ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION!

That made me chuckle a little bit too

LOL HAHA

but force using smuggler????

I snickered a bit at that, but was more interested by the smuggler? using force choke.

That has considerable potential for interesting effects...I wonder if I can get some of my warrior saber abilities on my sorcerer.... O.O

I'll give it to them. These guys know how to market. That video looked awesome. lol

If only the Dev team could execute as well as the marketing team can market, then SWTOR would be something truly special.

Changes look pretty impressive. We'll see how it goes over come 1.2.

Compiling a list of the things that were in the flurry of info near the end:

• New Lightsaber colors
  • New Vehicles
  • New Crafting schematics
  • Ship Droids gain affection
  • Extractable Tier 2 mods
  • Craftable Augments
  • Legacy Item Drops
  • New Roleplay Emotes
  • Increased Chance of researching schematics
  • Reverse Engineer random drops
  • Stackable companion gifts
  • More craftable color crystals
  • Trade Vendor in Corellia Spaceport
  • Cybertech vehicles no longer bind on pickup
  • Crystal Formations on Alderaan (not sure what this means, maybe like the crystal formation in Ilum?)
  • Augments in craftable orange gear
  • Companion gift cooldown removed
  • Learnable Tier 2 item crafting
  • COMBAT LOG

There might be stuff I missed too.

Had to view in 720p and pause the video and squint at the screen to try and figure some of these out lol... There are others that I'm missing too but the text either cuts off or is too small.

Edited by SnakeAes

If the new pvp gear doesn't come with an augment slot, no one will be using them anyway. Once we can pull mods out and put them in orange gear with augment slots, that will be the strongest combo. I'm curious to see if this new tier comes with augment slots.

This is actually the one feature I'm NOT looking forward to in 1.2, for the reason you said.

Jokes aside about the silly appearance of gear sets, I want to wear the gear sets. I don't want to HAVE to switch to a bunch of inappropriate (probably heavily mismatched) looking armor.

One idea I had on this was the ability to "fuse" crit crafted items to others. Then the crit crafted item disappears and the item you fused it to has the augment slot (with no changes to stats otherwise, retains old stats/mods etc).

Then you'd still need crafters to get the crit crafted items to fuse...but you wouldn't have to actually wear it and could really look however you want.

Of the new armor, the only one that looks bad is the Smuggler armor (mostly because of the beer cans on the sides of her helmet). Everything else looks really sweet. It also all looks really Star Warsy to me, with the possible exception of the Inquisitor (which is a little over the top). Edited by Dzhokhar

What on gods green earth is that poor Smuggler got on their head?!

Looks like swtor's graphic designers are starting to suffer from Gor Helmet syndrome...

I mean im enjoying the game alot (apart from the annoyingly extreme xp gain which results in me out leveling everything almost exponentially) but this patch seems to be making swtor even more like WoW... in a bad way (mini-pets *ugh*).

Other than that... meh, nothing of real interest to me.

Edit: Hmm learnable teir 2 crafting... why does that sound worrying to me.

Edited by BigfootNZ

The species unlock brings one thing I have wanted all along though, Chiss smugglers!

Now if I can just get chiss force users I might go back to the empire side...

Once you have a level 50 character that is Chiss, you can choose Chiss as a species for EVERY class in the game (as long as it's on the server you have that Legacy character on).

Makes me think of that dude in Mortal Kombat...or the guy from Big Trouble, Little China. heh

One again, Pub got the shaft. The only cool looking class is Trooper.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Don't you know a beer helmet (with a little sci-fi flavor, and built-in beer goggles) when you see one?

Edited by Dzhokhar

Is any1 else concerned about the legacy abilities messing up class balance? I don't know the details but it definitely showed a sith using a flamethrower.

I hope there are limits on this otherwise we will see assassins with force leap, mercenaries with cover, warriors with grapple, sorcerers with intercede, and ALL sorts of class balance breaking cross class abilties.

Is any1 else concerned about the legacy abilities messing up class balance? I don't know the details but it definitely showed a sith using a flamethrower.

I hope there are limits on this otherwise we will see assassins with force leap, mercenaries with cover, warriors with grapple, sorcerers with intercede, and ALL sorts of class balance breaking cross class abilties.

My understanding is that the legacy abilities are only usable when your "heroic moment" ability is active, and your "heroic moment" ability requires an active companion, so it's not generally going to affect PvP.

My understanding is that the legacy abilities are only usable when your "heroic moment" ability is active, and your "heroic moment" ability requires an active companion, so it's not generally going to affect PvP.

ah thank goodness. well than that's cool having whirlwind on my marauder for hard questing parts, or hell sorc bubble.

Edited by VoidSpectre

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.