Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

In the 1.2 video, Did I see this right?

thebigdmkilla

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware: We're releasing new stuff ... check it out.

Forums: WHAAAAAAAAAA! IT ISN'T WHAT A I WANT! WHAAAAA!

Bioware: New Legacy System and more Operations!

Forums: THIS GAME HAS NO CONTENT! WHAAAAAAA! THIS SUCKS! WHAAAA!

Bioware: We're releasing new PvP Warfronts and a ranked system too!

Forums: THIS GAME'S PVP SUCKS! I WANT ARENA! WHAAAAAAA!

Bioware: Well, we're trying to make the players happy by giving them what they want.

Forums: WHAAAAA! IT ISN'T ENOUGH! WHAAAAA! I WANT MORE! WHAAAAA!

I think Burger King is better suited for most of the forums posters here. At least there, they can have it their way right away.

Just wanted to note, that this ability is only planned to be usable when your companion is active and your (companion buff) power is going. In other words it will have pretty much 0 impact on PvP or Raids. Its something for fun, if you loathe the idea, ignore it. Sounds like a great way to have implemented a neat idea while avoiding the usual huge imbalance problems.

So a major feature of the legacy system has little to no impact on the MMO part of the game?

More examples that this is really a single player game.

It is still akin to jumping the shark for me.

[...] Bioware/EA/Lucas are here to make money, not to pacify the fanboys. And if making every creature in the galaxy force sensitive makes them more money, you can be sure they'll try and do it.

You are right. The problem lies in the consumers demanding full themepark availability, unknowing that, in the long run, this will make the game flat and boring.

Edited by Neulwen

Honestly, defend it all you want, but this is akin to having Undead as an Alliance playable race.

Absurd.

That wouldn't bother me. I've always found the idea that entire races all think one way more disturbing.

God, I hate all the QQing. These features look fantastic. And it's all happening just 3 months post launch.

What I wouldn't give to raise the maturity level of this forum by about a decade.

That's because all of these features were meant for launch, but they didn't get them finished in time. They get no credit for finishing features that were intended for launch day.

Honestly, defend it all you want, but this is akin to having Undead as an Alliance playable race.

Absurd.

So why are you even bothering to defend your point? If you think it's absurd, it's your opinion. There are those who don't. Clearly you dislike the varying opinion because it doesn't fit with yours.

But I would like to point out that not all Sith Purebloods are required to be darkside, due to the fact that you can play as a Sith Pureblood Inq/War and play as Lightside. ZOMG that's so not cool is it, because Sith Purebloods are supposed to be purely DS in your opinion.

So far the only bad news I've seen surrounding 1.2 is the fact that I have to wait until early April.

Otherwise... freakin epic man.. It's like an epicburger in a leetsauce bun topped with awesome, and bacon.

That's because all of these features were meant for launch, but they didn't get them finished in time. They get no credit for finishing features that were intended for launch day.

They were were they? I had no idea you were a member of BioWare's production team!

Look everyone! We have a VIP disguised as a forum plebe! Convey more of your vast insider knowledge! :rolleyes:

Sith Pureblood is going to be available on the Republic side? I don't mind bringing species over from one side to the other, but this makes no sense.

I converted one and another chose to follow me and help in my quest as a Jedi Knight, it makes sense within the game`s context.

More to the topic, the colour thing looks awesome, the ability thing looks awesome everything looks pretty *********** awesome! (dowant toggable hoods and masks on hoods though, I notice darth marr still doesn't have his hood back.)

Absurd.

What would be wrong with having undead as an Alliance race? They were members of the Alliance before they got infected with a plague and died. Totally their fault right? :)

Especially on the Empire side, where a display of such powers legally mandates you to enter the academy and become a Sith or die trying.

Given that the only two sith non-force users that are possible are a Bounty Hunter who technically is not part of the empire and whose skill precludes the authorities from messing with him overmuch......and Imperial Intelligence, who is notorious from hiding things from the Sith(Raina Temple anyone?) it certainly makes sense to me.

If you're skilled enough in your own right that you're able to kill Sith with vibroknives, blaster rifles, and high explosives, I really doubt they're going to be stupid enough to try and enforce the law on you. Better that they try to ally with you or control you through other means. Remember, might makes right in the Empire.

Edited by EthanThristam

It took them about 3 1/2 months post launch to finish the legacy that was suposed to be on launch. Would you rather them release swtor in april with 1.2 (with legacy finished) or in december with the legacy in progress while you can enjoy the rest of the game?

Sith Pureblood is going to be available on the Republic side? I don't mind bringing species over from one side to the other, but this makes no sense.

Guessing you haven't played one of the jedi classes.... Jedi Knight for instance...

Edit: Oh man... That new Sith Warrior set looks aweeeeeeesome.

Edited by FSA_shadow

What would be wrong with having undead as an Alliance race? They were members of the Alliance before they got infected with a plague and died. Totally their fault right? :)

This is hardly the place to discuss Wow lore, but the reason for that is that the Undead wanted to join the Alliance after the plague, but the Alliance saw them only as monsters and denied them.

Edited by Neulwen

Jeez...people will complain about anything won't they? I bet if there was a perfect patch, people would still complain about it.

To paraphrase a saying, if TOR devs walked on water, there would people complaining that the devs can't swim.

So a major feature of the legacy system has little to no impact on the MMO part of the game?

More examples that this is really a single player game.

It is still akin to jumping the shark for me.

I understand that you (and some others on the forums) think that the game boils down to nothing but raiding and PvP. Clearly developers (and those enjoying the game) disagree. The legacy system in general seems to offer little to the hardcore raiding crowd, and if it did they'd all be complaining about how it was necessary.

It took them about 3 1/2 months post launch to finish the legacy that was suposed to be on launch. Would you rather them release swtor in april with 1.2 (with legacy finished) or in december with the legacy in progress while you can enjoy the rest of the game?

Considering that I am pretty bored and have been for weeks...

Yes, I would rather they waited to launch the game with more features rather than less.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.