Do you fear an Operative?

Alphashado

One? No. Two? Hell yes. If two operative/scoundrel buddies actually coordinate with one another, they can be a two man wrecking ball, easily taking out peeps in under 5 seconds.

yup... working well together they can easily cap a turret/ door with 1 guys guarding it without anyone realizing what happened

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My rotation:

With Coordination, and Stim active:

>Relic +Crit

>Acid Blade

>Hidden Strike/Jarring Strike

>Stim Boost (activate it immediately for maximum energy return)

>Corrosive Dart (activate as soon as possible for maximum DoT)

>Acid Blade/Backstab (yes I can do all that in those scant few seconds until you realize you've been hit)

>... wait... watch you get up... recharge energy... draw the CC I know that's coming.

Now, what happens after that depends on how you decide to CC the little, helpless, Operative. If you CC my resolve to full:

>Pop CC breaker

>Pop Shield Probe

>Start the melee dance (which consists of much button mashing while I spam Acid Blade to maintain my 30% armor penetration backstabbing you when I can.)

>Evasion (when Shield Probe expires to clear any DoTs you put on me)

>Cloak Screen (She ran away! I'm safe.. nope.)

>Sit there and watch you try to find me...

>Acid Blade

>Hidden Strike/Jarring Strike

>"Did she just score two openers on me in one fight?" I sure did. Say goodnight, Gracie.

"Man! You must have infinite energy!"

No, I don't, but I do have Stim Boost which lets me recover a decent amount and even heal during combat, and I do have Adrenal Probe which gives me an extra 50 energy right when I need it.

In order to survive that rotation, you need play smart. When I hit that Cloak Screen, don't spam your little stealthy-detector-thingy... RUN!! Also, notice what you don't see there: Overload Shot spam. I don't start doing that until you're about dead.

I don't always win, either. There are nasty things other classes can do that break up that rotation. I get ganked... a lot, but post-1.1.1 I do still throw down some ugly damage, especially in a 1 on 1 fight.

I'm totally serious.

Reasons why scoundrel is better :

1. When we kick you in the balls there is a chance that it hurt so much you get knocked on the ground making it an even worst stun as you are "rooted" for about 0.5 after the stun before you can start moving around when knocked on the ground. (That is not a joke.)

2. Story is better and the scoundrel giggle all the time when he receive upper hand (Buff required to use some abilities)

3. Shotguns.

4. A wookie. A freakin' wookie!!!

5. A kick *** ship.

6. Credits.

7. You can hide in your Freighter Fly-by fire.

And the most important... you have plenty of food on ilum.

AND the gear looks so much better i actualy got a lv 50 scoundrel and 50 gunslinger just for all those reasons

This is an honest question. Mine is lvl 34. W/O Hidden Strike and Acid Blade I am really struggling. Huttball just makes me want to puke. Question is... Should I stick it out? Is it worth it post nerf?

Endgame...Do you fear/respect the Operative

As a commando healer they are my worst nightmare. Their stun lock is the hardest thing to recover from. Though they never, ever kill me alone (even before the nerf), with dps supporting they turn me into a pinata.

Edited by Bluetickone

Ops basically put it in my tank-spec Vanguard's butt. At least its not as ridiculous as it was back after launch when they half-healthed you in the first stun.

Either way dps Ops are so rare.

Apparently we are. I see a lot of: "Operatives are so weak."

I am by no means weak, then again I am a DPS Operative. I'm very glad I didn't respec to healing after 1.1.1 because apparently that's still broken.

Not sure why more Operatives don't go Concealment. I guess it takes more effort to work.

Didn't read the entire thread, but I have a Concealment Operative and Sorc Healer, both Battlemasters.

On my Op, I have no trouble bursting down healers and beating equally geared players 1v1 (well-played Tank assassins can be trouble).

On my Sorc healer, Operatives (and Marauders) remain the biggest threat to me--and even a single one of them can take me out, especially if I don't have my CDs available.

tl;dr version- concealment operatives are fine.

You haven't faced a good Operative yet. Just newbies.

You wouldn't know the meaning of a good operative... or else they would have rolled another class.

I am a Scoundrel in full BM. There isn't anyone on my server I can't wreck 1v1. I absolutely destroy any other full BM player on my server. I am top or near top damage every game.

Sadly WZ's have very little 1v1 in them. You need to take/hold objectives to win wz's and VERY LITTLE IS 1v1 IN ANY BM PREMADE VS BM PREMADE. In any scenario... if you took your gear and your skill and played any other class you would win faster and easier.... against skilled opponents.

Yes Operatives/Scoundrels are great at destroying bad people. No Scoundrels/Operatives are absolutely not viable at all when ranked matches come in.... Shadow/Assassins do EVERYTHING we do and so much more (stealth, sprint, pull, aoe knockback, near the same damage)... you would not take a Operative over a Assassin if you had any brains at all... ANY.

Your just not good enough to see this yet. Great job against random scrubs btw.

Apparently we are. I see a lot of: "Operatives are so weak."

I am by no means weak, then again I am a DPS Operative. I'm very glad I didn't respec to healing after 1.1.1 because apparently that's still broken.

Not sure why more Operatives don't go Concealment. I guess it takes more effort to work.

They are weak... 10-15 seconds into any fight... and any ranked matches will go that long or more because you will be sitting on a guarded healer more often than not.

Great job beating random scrubs 1v1 noob.

You wouldn't know the meaning of a good operative... or else they would have rolled another class.

I am a Scoundrel in full BM. There isn't anyone on my server I can't wreck 1v1. I absolutely destroy any other full BM player on my server. I am top or near top damage every game.

Sadly WZ's have very little 1v1 in them. You need to take/hold objectives to win wz's and VERY LITTLE IS 1v1 IN ANY BM PREMADE VS BM PREMADE. In any scenario... if you took your gear and your skill and played any other class you would win faster and easier.... against skilled opponents.

Yes Operatives/Scoundrels are great at destroying bad people. No Scoundrels/Operatives are absolutely not viable at all when ranked matches come in.... Shadow/Assassins do EVERYTHING we do and so much more (stealth, sprint, pull, aoe knockback, near the same damage)... you would not take a Operative over a Assassin if you had any brains at all... ANY.

Assassins are pretty strong in their ability to aoe taunt and with good mobility. However, a lot of the utility they bring is magnified by 2/3 or more of all games being Hutball (ie, not actually real PvP). In the other warzones, these factors are diminished.

I think the main issue with Operatives is a lack of mobility at times. But even with that limitation, there are things that we do that Assassins can't, and that is stronger burst dps.

operatives still the highest front loaded burst in the game. I suspect that once rated WZs come out the QQ will return. Good ops can still burst down BM geared players within seconds. this will be critical when high ELO players learn to burst down the tank and CC the healer.

operatives still the highest front loaded burst in the game. I suspect that once rated WZs come out the QQ will return. Good ops can still burst down BM geared players within seconds. this will be critical when high ELO players learn to burst down the tank and CC the healer.

By within seconds, you must mean around 15 seconds or more...

Op here and i love my guy! depending on the class/gear/player skill, i can 1v3 sometimes. you must have ran into bad Ops.

Operative are worthless.

Go play a scoundrel instead.

Scoundrel is super fun, super good and can easily take on a 1v3 against 3 battlemasters and still win.

I've burst down 650+ expertise BM sorcerors before the 2nd stun wore off. I normally don't waste my stuns unless I have to, so I usually don't have this occur, but they die shortly after pretty often. 10s is probably closer to "normal" without too much RNG factored in.

I'm totally serious.

Reasons why scoundrel is better :

1. When we kick you in the balls there is a chance that it hurt so much you get knocked on the ground making it an even worst stun as you are "rooted" for about 0.5 after the stun before you can start moving around when knocked on the ground. (That is not a joke.)

2. Story is better and the scoundrel giggle all the time when he receive upper hand (Buff required to use some abilities)

3. Shotguns.

4. A wookie. A freakin' wookie!!!

5. A kick *** ship.

6. Credits.

7. You can hide in your Freighter Fly-by fire.

And the most important... you have plenty of food on ilum.

Agent has way more style!

I haven't fought one 1v1 since the nerf. The few I've seen wait in stealth for the fighting to start, kill a couple injured targets and vanish once they've attracted attention. They're very opportunistic, hit and run style.

There is nothing else you can do then this. As soon as you are infight in a zerg, you'll definitly die in the first 4 seconds Stun that hits you, because you dont have ANY defense except combatvanish.

A good one is scary... but they're so rare it doesn't matter.... kinda like sentinels/marauders. You'll see some mediocre ones and think the class could use some love, then a good one comes out and reminds you how devastating they can be in the right hands.

nope, w/o having a trinket up a good Op will kill you no matter how geared you are if they choose to burn 2x openers on you, ask any operative about what happens when a scoundrel opens on them...

Edited by VertisReaper

I don't normally have time to fear them before I find myself at the spawn. Stun whack whack whack deaded while still stunned. No fear, great fun being able to do nothing.

you'll be fine once you get some gear. I can tell when the real pvpers have shown up for the imps when my opener barely gets me a 2.5k on a crit. i spend most of the time leading up to that point preying I win 3 matches.

pvp in this game is 90% about gear .. and 10% about watching doors, and shifting to turrets. huttball is 100% about how many force users you have. im sure there are some talented teams that arent force heavy that can win .. but they are few and far between.

equally geared an op/scoundrel has a 50/50 chance 1 on 1. though I honestly usually dont survive 1 vs 1 on my scoundrel .. but I'm probably not the best pvper in the first place.

as others have said, when working with others, they are deadly.

Operatives are way fun if you enjoy being the scalpel cutting away the fat of the other team. Just stealth in, survey the fight, find the healer or tank, and wreck them. If you prefer to just charge and start destroying things, Operative is not for you.

I find myself often running in, killing someone important, then kiting around until people stop trying to kill me, then selecting a new target and eating them alive. Just remember, you can't take many hits. Even if you have a healer backing you up, it is better for your team if you vanish or kite in some way to get attention going somewhere other than you so you can wreck another important target.

nope, w/o having a trinket up a good Op will kill you no matter how geared you are if they choose to burn 2x openers on you, ask any operative about what happens when a scoundrel opens on them...

What you are trying to say is,

"Operatives can kill someone every 2 minutes, as long as they are not a tank, but afterwords they lose their only useful defensive cooldown, and will proceed to be facerolled by the enemy team."

Meanwhile, in warzones, other classes are contributing to the team more than once very 2 minutes...

They are weak... 10-15 seconds into any fight... and any ranked matches will go that long or more because you will be sitting on a guarded healer more often than not.

Great job beating random scrubs 1v1 noob.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or take offense.

I have no idea where you get your numbers from, but I last far longer than 10-15 seconds in a fight. Oh, much longer. I outlast the big Juggy/Guardian/Assassin tanks all the time. I'm sorry it offends you to run into an Operative who can do that, but I do.

Right, see, in ranked matches I have this little thing called Sleep Dart. I can hold a node against 4... 5 attackers with near impunity.

Buddy, I AM the game changer.

This is an honest question. Mine is lvl 34. W/O Hidden Strike and Acid Blade I am really struggling. Huttball just makes me want to puke. Question is... Should I stick it out? Is it worth it post nerf?

Endgame...Do you fear/respect the Operative

Stick it out, at 39 and I do nearly 3k crits with my Hidden Strive, Shive, Backstab and the blade strike that uses one of the stacked buff of damage that you can only hold the max of 2.

The last time I PvP if I was uncloaked I had 4 sorcs, and 2 mercs shooting me, and yet they couldnt kill me (but it was close). I still managed to get 2nd highest damage (200k+) despite being ganked.

I think I'm going to be a nightmare next level with good ol acid blade, I can sense the fear in my enemies eyes XD.

More gear and more damage = destruction!!!!

Stick it out, at 39 and I do nearly 3k crits with my Hidden Strive, Shive, Backstab and the blade strike that uses one of the stacked buff of damage that you can only hold the max of 2.

The last time I PvP if I was uncloaked I had 4 sorcs, and 2 mercs shooting me, and yet they couldnt kill me (but it was close). I still managed to get 2nd highest damage (200k+) despite being ganked.

I think I'm going to be a nightmare next level with good ol acid blade, I can sense the fear in my enemies eyes XD.

More gear and more damage = destruction!!!!

Not really sure I believe any of that...

200k as Operative? That's approaching level 50 Sage/Sorc damage output. At 39?

You're taking some poetic license with this.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or take offense.

I have no idea where you get your numbers from, but I last far longer than 10-15 seconds in a fight. Oh, much longer. I outlast the big Juggy/Guardian/Assassin tanks all the time. I'm sorry it offends you to run into an Operative who can do that, but I do.

Right, see, in ranked matches I have this little thing called Sleep Dart. I can hold a node against 4... 5 attackers with near impunity.

Buddy, I AM the game changer.

You change nothing noob. You really should stop posting when someone who clearly has played much more than you says you are wrong.

10-15 seconds into any fight YOU WILL BE OUT OF ENERGY. I actually have pugnacity going beforehand most of the time and I still run out of energy within 10-15 seconds of opening on someone... hopefully they are dead. If they are guarded... LOL.

Sleep Dart doesn't do squat... it just fills someone's resolve bar. I mean you clearly haven't played against anyone with a brain because if there is more than 1 enemy they will just look for you and rip you out of stealth. It must be nice playing bad people who don't put down AoE fields or stealth scanning abilities.

Man I love people who probably just hit 50 are like 'were fine guys... I won ONE GAME... I was really awesome.... it really must be each and every one of you'.