Grenades vs Biochem

KavikaDestroyer

Are reusable grenades worth making right now? I've only recently hit 50 so I'm just starting hard modes which open the possibility of crafting purple grenades. I know that I will eventually have to switch over fully to biochem in order to compete in both PVE/PVP my question is if I have to do so right now or if it would be beneficial to craft the grenades first. 5 min CD is rough for sure but if I can use them after dropping cybertech they still might be worth it...thoughts?

I thought they changed the Grenade CD to 5min?

Biochem gives Rakata Adrenal / Rakata Stimulant (buff) / Healing

Also I keep runing the Diplomacy mission (+1hour each) and making money on GTN!

Last is the blue consumable healing item that also has a HoT is the best in game and you can make a decent amount of credits selling them -but many people also make them.

Last but not least Implants!

Edited by Jeddahwe

if you make good use of your grenade arsenal you can do quite fine ...

it's hard to tell what comes with 1.2 so i would wait with deciding what to go for.

Atm biochem is awesome ... but mainly because of the reusable adrenals and stims

The pvp healstim is just to awesome to pass on (regardless of the longer cooldown)

IMO the main issue with biochem is, that it takes to much time/resources to make the non reusable stuff ...

If we could offer those items at a fair amount and price it would allow most pvpers to have a steady supply of those and balance things out A LOT

Last is the blue consumable healing item that also has a HoT is the best in game and you can make a decent amount of credits selling them -but many people also make them.

And sry what? Which blue healing item has a hot?

Edited by Jamuro

if you make good use of your grenade arsenal you can do quite fine ...

it's hard to tell what comes with 1.2 so i would wait with deciding what to go for.

Atm biochem is awesome ... but mainly because of the reusable adrenals and stims

The pvp healstim is just to awesome to pass on (regardless of the longer cooldown)

IMO the main issue with biochem is, that it takes to much time/resources to make the non reusable stuff ...

If we could offer those items at a fair amount and price it would allow most pvpers to have a steady supply of those and balance things out A LOT

And sry what? Which blue healing item has a hot?

All Prototype heal crafts.

I agree, the key to bringing the other professions in line with Biochem is to make Biochem even more monetarily lucrative.

Can anyone speak to the usefulness of grenades in PvP setting? Are the pvp adrenals/medkits really that good compared to the purple biochem stuff?

I can. I use 3 mainly.

1. Wynz-tek firestorm - 2k damage over 12 seconds to up to 6 ppl. great for protecting nodes (although this will be removed with the next major patch)

2. Wynz-Tek Chemical Sludge Applicator - 5 targets, 70% slowdown for 8 seconds - great when you need to by some time or someone is resolved out.

3. Wynz-Tek Rakata Cryo-Shock - 4 targets are rooted for 5 sec' breaks on damage after 2.

the bottom two are good for buying time for your teammates to get to you and to help prevent scoring.

the biggest problem with these is their 5 min shared timer. I think they need to have different timers (and then even 5 min wouldn't be that bad, but i think three would be idea) or a 3 min shared timer would be fair. Right now they are one trick ponies that are useful and i have prevented scores in huttball and caps in voidstar/civil war but compared to biochem they are severely lacking.

I can. I use 3 mainly.

1. Wynz-tek firestorm - 2k damage over 12 seconds to up to 6 ppl. great for protecting nodes (although this will be removed with the next major patch)

2. Wynz-Tek Chemical Sludge Applicator - 5 targets, 70% slowdown for 8 seconds - great when you need to by some time or someone is resolved out.

3. Wynz-Tek Rakata Cryo-Shock - 4 targets are rooted for 5 sec' breaks on damage after 2.

the bottom two are good for buying time for your teammates to get to you and to help prevent scoring.

the biggest problem with these is their 5 min shared timer. I think they need to have different timers (and then even 5 min wouldn't be that bad, but i think three would be idea) or a 3 min shared timer would be fair. Right now they are one trick ponies that are useful and i have prevented scores in huttball and caps in voidstar/civil war but compared to biochem they are severely lacking.

Did you end up going biochem in the end? Despite the drawbacks are they still worth crafting? I think their usefulness will be bolstered when rated arena/deathmatch maps arrive. In that case the long cooldown won't hurt as much since you'll only need to use them once or twice per match.

the biggest problem with these is their 5 min shared timer.

This is all you need to know. Cybertech is worthless vs. Biochem...EVERYTHING is worthless compared to the stims, adrenals and health packs. I switched from 400 cyber to 400 bio and haven't regretted it once.

Anything other than Biochem gimps you and your team.

Edited by TUXs

This is all you need to know. Cybertech is worthless vs. Biochem...EVERYTHING is worthless compared to the stims, adrenals and health packs. I switched from 400 cyber to 400 bio and haven't regretted it once.

Did you stop to make the grenades?

Besides, the real use of the grenades are the CC ability which you also get with the level 20 grenades you can buy on the GTN.

Craft a whole bunch of the level 20 grenades and go biochem.

Ofcourse, we do not know what patch 1.2 has to offer.

I have Biochem on my Juggernaut and Cybertech on my Sniper.

The main reason Biochem is the best (by a mile, not even arguable) is because in a WZ or ILUM you will never use a stim or an adrenal unless you have a reusable one. They are just too expensive to use in PvP.

The Rakata Medpack is just icing on the cake. If you are stimmed and your enemy isn't, you have a pretty big stat advantage. Hitting your reusable adrenal right as you attack is just throwing radioactive acid in the wound. All other things being equal, a biochemmer should never loose to a non-biochemmer.

Get an Alt and use lowbie green grenades on your 50. You just loose the damage, but you still get the CC portion of the grenade.

Dont stare yourselves blind on the medpack and adrenal because they both share CD with the pvp counterparts. The pvp medpack heals better than the Rakata medpack due to it being 35% of your max health 35% out of 18k health is more than straight up 3750-4575 which seems to affected by the heal debuff aswell. The rakata attack adrenal is nice i can give you that but it doesnt stack with expertise buffs in the warzones so its about the same.

I hope that 1.2 will make it easier for biochems to offer their products on the market.

Atm it takes too long and costs to many resources (which have worth as well) to produce the stuff like adrenals at a customer friendly price.

That's also why so many people have biochem as proffession ... the reusable versions don't force you to run and buy for 30-50 another stim after each death or a new stack of adrenals and so on.

Like already said ... if you have maxed a craft prof already, keep it until patch 1.2 and see what comes.

all crafts in this game are pretty useless

cybertech nades = cooldowns so long & dmg/effects so minimal it makes them useless

biotech - biotech heals share same cd as pvp heal consumables and the pvp consumables are better, adrenals share same cd as pvp expertise adrenals and the pvp expertise adrenals are better.

don't bother wasting 300k leveling up any craft, they used to be worth it but failware's nerfsaber struck them down.

Edited by Evuke

I found them useful when you could be a cybertech to make them, and then change to biochem and have both. I honestly think that's what they need to do, just make all of the crafts desirable, and put no craft restriction on the items so you can freely switch between professions.

In their current form I do not find the grenades useful enough to warrant them over the biochem items. The cooldown is far too long and I don't think they should all share a 5 minute cooldown. I think all grenades should have a global cooldown of like a minute, or even 30 seconds, and then put each one on its own 5 minute cooldown, just like they did with relics. I think 5 minutes on a cooldown is unreasonable, considering how small the AOE area of the grenades is, but I realize anything too short and they become OP.

cybertech nades = cooldowns so long & dmg/effects so minimal it makes them useless

biotech - biotech heals share same cd as pvp heal consumables and the pvp consumables are better, adrenals share same cd as pvp expertise adrenals and the pvp expertise adrenals are better.

don't bother wasting 300k leveling up any craft, they used to be worth it but failware's nerfsaber struck them down.

So, so wrong. Fail troll is fail.

Edited by Quesadilla

Expertise adrenals are better? how?

As a max level cybertech with 3 of the purple reusable grenades made and in use, I will tell you this, you can get off max 2 grenades in a WZ and only if the WZ goes full duration, the dmg is laughable, the extra effects can be helpfull but are highly situational, you cant switch to another craft and still be able to use them as they require 400 cyber to use (same as the reusable stims/medpacks in bio cant be used my non bio)

If it were not for the fact that I am using my cybertech to gear/mod out my alts I would drop it and work up through bio.

Expertise adrenals are better? how?

+15% expertise (that's a flat 15% increase on top of your current expertise, not a 15% increase in your current expertise, ie if you already had 10% expertise this will give you 25% not 11.5%) for 25 seconds is much better than any of the adrenals biochem offers.

15% more damage done, 15% less damage received, and 15% more healing received, and a long duration.......best adrenal in game

Edited by Evuke

So, so wrong. Fail troll is fail.

a personal attack/insult backed up with such a detailed argument, you must be a champion debater at your elementary school.

Edited by Evuke

4 players with CyberTech damage grenades with simultaneous use, decimate Alderaan points and Voidstar doors.

Voidstar. Need to uncap a door? AoE CC Earthquake grenade. This grenade will be even more useful post 1.1.5 with DoTs being irrelevant to point capture. My teammates and myself have saved doors with this grenade.

CyberTech is already better than BioChem, unless you're poor. In which case you can't regularly afford the 1 hour adrenals.

Rakata heal pack? Nerfed to useless. The higher heal value made 400 Biochem worthwhile, but again, now it's simply a credit saver. If I'm not mistaken the PvP heal stim is on the same cooldown - and heals at a significantly higher value.

ANY crafting profession post 1.1.5 will be better than BioChem - if credits are not an issue.

People are swearing by BioChem for its credit efficiency, but don't realize how much more effective the other professions really are.

4 players with CyberTech damage grenades with simultaneous use, decimate Alderaan points and Voidstar doors.

Voidstar. Need to uncap a door? AoE CC Earthquake grenade. This grenade will be even more useful post 1.1.5 with DoTs being irrelevant to point capture. My teammates and myself have saved doors with this grenade.

once every 5 minutes they are useful, when all the nades aren't on their shared 5min cd.