Australian server transfer in LATE April!

melsione

I agree that this is upsettingl about the transferring! Almost 2 months to play my main or I have to make a new character and level it with 150 people right next to me... Good work guys.

P.S I am very thankful for the servers in Australia and the PING of 20-50. It was amazing for the few min I tested it :D

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there was no warning about this beforehand. With everything that was said about the Asia/Pacific launch practically everyone was anticipating the transfers to start on March 1st or possibly March 8th. Some warning beforehand would've been nice but of course that would've prevented people from resubbing to the game (for good reason).

EA/Bioware can enjoy the thousands of players who are already level 50 and won't resub in April because of lag though. I know personally as an Australian player that the lag I experience to this day has been terrible, so much so that I've had to stop playing for days at a time when I get sick of the lag spikes every 5 minutes.

Edited by Truvu

Qualified players in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore, will be offered one-time free character transfers to Asia Pacific servers for a limited time period in late April

Yeah this is bad, vey bad.I dont live in Asia but i was hoping that in March i could move my main to another server were i have a new guild.This is just bad !

Uhm, I don't like to complain and I do enjoy Swtor, but late April is a pretty long time. There will be a severe problem with guilds trying to organise existing members to get set up on the Oceanic servers.

Our guild is so big we had to have 3 guilds just to contain all the people we have. We organised to set up on the PVE server and were starting to set up times for ops but this very long transfer delay has a few just giving up for now and remaining on our US server until transfers are available merely because we will not be rerolling the exact same character and leveling again and gearing up again.

Originally Swtor wasn't scheduled to launch in Oceania so some of us imported the game so we could play. Now we can't join in with our local players because we have developed our characters on another server. This is and will cause further problems in trying to create a cohesive social environment for players to meet, form guilds and start devouring group content because we are all over the place.

Please, try to speed up character transfers.

Yes, it is pretty appalling to push transfers back until late April. I wonder why they are doing this - are they still trying to figure out how transfers work? lol

I am sure they are. It is not like copying and pasting a document from one place to another. A lot can go wrong and they obviously have to get it right or you could lose your character permanently.

I am sure they are. It is not like copying and pasting a document from one place to another. A lot can go wrong and they obviously have to get it right or you could lose your character permanently.

lol no you wouldn't, im sure they have backups of everything and in the off chance they dont(very stupid) they can always have you make a new character and boost it to have everything the lost character had

So, we can't play our mains on there for 2 months, and the sheer amount of people on the server makes it near impossible to level up a new character at the moment (just tried)

So basically we can't do shi* all with them.

I just got a charaacter to lvl8 in two hours. It was fine.

And there's nothing stopping you playing your mains for the next two months as you have been for the past two months. Yeah, it sucks. But it's not impossible. Just annoying.

If it's for a balancing reason, why can't they let us transfer naked characters? I've just hit lvl 43 on my main, and i'd be happy to be to an aussie server naked, with no credits, no gear, and with no quest history if it meant, I could just keep my lvl, social, and valour ratings. All they have to do is bookmark what class quest your currently up to, even if I had to restart the current act I wouldn't mind, as after 30 the class quests are few and far between imho.

The no gear isn't an issue as it'd force me back to starting worlds to farm some mobs and be with lower characters, or hit up the wz's and rely on php gear.

I've rolled lots of alts already on both republic and empire sides, and have chipped into my legacy levels what I would consider a fair bit. I can not fathom starting an alt and grinding to not receive any legacy points to my 'main' legacy, or have another legacy start and have issues transferring later - I can't imagine them combining it.

The longer BW leaves the transfers the more complicated things get, especially if it's recommended that we roll alts for the time being.

tldr; let us transfer sooner, even if we lose all our material assets.

I don't see what's all the rage is about. So you want to roll on to the new servers with full T3 gear, 400 tradeskills and 10 mill creds? That will seriously unbalance the server and screw what ever pathetic economy there already is.

The best thing to do is to not allow transfers period, the second best thing is to only allow naked transfers, no gear, no bank items no creds. What would pvp be like all these 50s in full BM gear running around? Even worst, what would pre 50 pvp be like with all the lvl 45 running around pwning everyone in WZ?

Edited by Kexin

I think they should just cancel all this Oceanic server silliness, it's a waste of resources.

Also I don't want to lose the Austrialaliens and Kiwistanians on my server.

I hear you m8, but i just created a test character on one of the aussie servers. Where I normally get 250 ping I was running at 15 - 25 ping on a heavy server. So sorry dude consider yourself divorced.

BW.... 2 months wait? talk about dangling a carrot, please dont do this to us.

I don't see what's all the rage is about. So you want to roll on to the new servers with full T3 gear, 400 tradeskills and 10 mill creds? That will seriously unbalance the server and screw what ever pathetic economy there already is.

The best thing to do is to not allow transfers period, the second best thing is to only allow naked transfers, no gear, no bank items no creds. What would pvp be like all these 50s in full BM gear running around?

Consider it the Asia/Pacific version of slicing...

I'm sorry, I wasnt aware QQ's on the forum would speed up the transfer.

Are you new to MMOs? Forum QQ is a big driver in change.

I bet in a week they half-*** it and announce something like "Good News! Transfers to Oceanic servers will now be available March 20th!", which still screws over most people, and angers even more people by making it available the day that the 3rd month sub renewals are due.

I bet in a week they half-*** it and announce something like "Good News! Transfers to Oceanic servers will now be available March 20th!", which still screws over most people, and angers even more people by making it available the day that the 3rd month sub renewals are due.

see this is where they went wrong if it was really april and where did the april date come from?

I'm not one to normally complain, but this is a joke. A little reasoning as to why they suddenly announced April transfers once the servers went live would be nice.

EA/Bioware has had plenty of time to try and work on whatever problem they've had. July 2011 they told AsiaPac we would not be getting the game at launch. Even with a 3 month lead time to get servers up and running in the region. They should have had something planned for transfers close to the servers going live, not giving false hope that this would be close to launch.

As for the servers, there should have been at least 2-3 PvE and PvP servers, along with one of each type of RP server. Seeing as Harbinger, Jekk'Jekk and Swiftsure are some of the most populated servers at this time, it would only stand to reason that a single PvE and PvP server would not be enough. As it was, both servers were Full or Very Heavy within a few minutes of official launch.

This lack of planning will only cause more issues. New players, along with people wishing to transfer are going to find it hard to coordinate where to migrate, or to play with other friends who have only recently purchased the game with a local release.

Someone in planning has defiitely screwed the pooch on this once again.

heck i'd be happy with that, better to wait 20 days rather than 2 months. What I dont get though is that it doesnt take 2 months for players to level cap. And i'd guarantee that many of the players on there now are the same players with characters on other servers. in which case most will be 50 within 2 weeks (hello spacebar my old friend).

Failure 1: Not letting the oceanic community know well in advance of plans to release regional servers. Most of us would have waited if we had known a) the release date b) that we were going to get Aussie based servers.

Failure 2: Not providing any substantial info on what was happening with server transfers in advance of the oceanic release. Giving us vague info that they were looking into it then dropping a 2 month delay on people out of no where with no explanation as to why such a huge delay is kind of asking for it.

I know Devs normally play their cards close to the chest but they could avoid a lot of anger if they would communicate more openly regarding important issues.