The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Biometric Crystal Alloy for non-pve players

Donreidy

It' funny how people tell the OP how easily alloys can be acquired (true) and then go on to blame him for wanting it the 'easy way' as well (false - he doesn't want to PvE for them, a legit request)...

There is no reason whatsoever for not making the alloys be purchaseable for X commendations. Just make the number big enough to equal the effort visiting of 4 FPs.

They probably will be at some point and in the meantime - just rush through BT with a friend, you probably don't need a lot of them anyway.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is kind of funny, but I

PvPed just to get some champion gear...

so I could run hard modes...

so I could craft rakata relics....

so I can better PvP....

so I can get more champion gear...

so I can run more hard modes....

so I can crit a lightsaber...

so I can get some good PvE gear...

so I can better PvP...

so I can get some BM PvP gear...

so maybe I can run some ops...

:D

but no- I seriously don't understand why those mats are BoP

Simple, people can then buy their way towards good/great gear.

Granted you would need alot of aloys, but this is something what people basicly did in wow when the next tier of stuff came and certain BOP mats became BOE.

Anyone with gold to spare could just buy any amount of the mats they required.

It's the same thing right now. Untill the next tier of raiding comes with new loot and new bop mats only then would it be fine to make it BOE, but not now at this point.

People are already clearing the raids just fine, imagine if everyone in a serious enough raiding guild would pool their creds together to buy as many alloys as they felt is needed to gear up? It would only trivialize the current raiding even more because your simply better geared then you should be given your time and effort spent in the pve game.

At least that's my thoughts on it. Granted it would be great for the market, but I dunno.

It's a fine idea but not right now.

The sense of entitlement to all things in the game via the one limited way YOU enjoy playing the game is what is the CORE of the problem with modern MMO's. Its carebare customer service gone wild. Lets just give everything to everyone! Another good example is the magenta schematic that will be available on a vendor in a week when people worked hard to kill the worlds bosses enough times to get it to drop.

This game is already MMO on easy mode and that strategy is why there is nothing left to do a month or two into the game. Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

As has been said, running a few FP's is rediculously easy. Man up and go do it you want crafting materials.

Edited by Facime

As long as the game supports two viable playstyles, with appropriate types of gear, there is no reason why crafting should not support both as well.

The end-game BoP selection should also include items with PvP stats. Regarding the special mats, I can think of two fair solutions:

1. Make Biometric Crystal Alloys a reward for winning X warzones above a certain valor rank. The time investment should be in line with what it takes to run a few HM FPs, so no more than 4-5 hours per Alloy, assuming a balanced win/loss ratio.

2. Introduce a special mat attainable only through PvP means.

Or just take the easy route and make Alloys BoE. It's extra income for people and guilds selling them anyway.

how bout making em tradeable?

/duck

I agree.

But once they are tradeable, get ready to spend 250,000+ credits for 1 biometric crystal alloy on the GTN.

Afterwards, the pvper's will cry that they're too expensive because they don't make enough credits pvping.

I agree.

But once they are tradeable, get ready to spend 250,000+ credits for 1 biometric crystal alloy on the GTN.

Afterwards, the pvper's will cry that they're too expensive because they don't make enough credits pvping.

The thing is, they won't be that price.

People won't buy them for that and thus, someone will sell them cheaper.

Man, I need to work at BW. I could have killed this crafting system with GOOD ideas.

All the current items that need BCA should be converted to make THAT component optional. The addition of that component bumps the output to the current one (the lack of it makes a lower grade version). There should also be A DIFFERENT component that's ONLY obtainable with Champion Commendations ie: Biometric Compound Alloy. This item can ALSO be added (one or the other) and it would boost PVP stats (like expertise etc...).

Since Champ comms are only available from running Dailies and bartering 200 wz/200 merc comms, it would be easier to get for the PVP'ers.

Now, since there are 3 classes of players, there should be a 3rd optional spot and that component is crafted (Synthesized Biometric Alloy) . It's stats will be lower than the PVE/PVP stats, but will add bonuses to crew skills.

So you see, every group is addressed, everyone gets something, each is specific enough but not OP over the other and keeps everyone in their roles.

BW - My email address is in my profile, hit me up, let's make some magic. :p

Swijr

Edited by Swijr

The thing is, they won't be that price.

People won't buy them for that and thus, someone will sell them cheaper.

They will.

2.5million credits for a lvl 50 color crystal from a vendor on the PTS, leads me to think people will pay to mucho credits in order to get a mat to make something better.

Edited by Quiet

250K is not exorbitant anyway, since you can make it in a couple of days of dailies. You could make it by doing all space missions for 2-3 days in a row.

If the supply is excessive and there is a lot of undercutting, prices will go down, naturally.

They will.

2.5million credits for a lvl 50 color crystal from a vendor on the PTS, leads me to think people will pay to mucho credits in order to get a mat to make something better.

If someone pays it, they are mad...

However its unlikely that it will be bought for that much, people are just trying their luck.

And if it is bought for that much, well, buying a few mats for 250K each isnt an issue because you will make 10x as much in profit.

Seems like there should be a way to get PVP awards through PVE....

i support this message.. all i do is raid ops and hm fp. i don't have the time nor the inclination to grind out the valor levels to get BM gear, but i'd like to have all BM gear so I can be on equal footing with those people who have been pvp'ing since launch.

/sarcasm.

They will.

hmm.. 8 people can farm 10 alloys in 2 hours every week.. and they don't even have to be good.

i suspect that IF any sell for 2.5 mil, it'd only last for about an hour, until people start realizing that some idiots are paying that much for them, and flooding the market with them for 2.25mil, and then 2 mil, etc, etc, until it's 50k each.

hell, i'm sitting on 7 or 8 alloy in the bank right now, just from greeding them from EV8/KP8

IMO there should be some pvp schematics on sales on pvp vendors, crafted from random pvp bag dropped ressources.

Those Healing and Expertize stim could be crafted by Biochem, making PVE biochem useless in PVP and vice versa.

Craftable PVP champion gear? why not?

All those ressources (pve or pvp )should be tradable also.

Crafter should craft and trade.

PVPer should PVP

PVEer should PVE

Edited by Trimanir

If someone pays it, they are mad...

However its unlikely that it will be bought for that much, people are just trying their luck.

And if it is bought for that much, well, buying a few mats for 250K each isnt an issue because you will make 10x as much in profit.

from what ive read that crystal has a slot and 41 expertise?

well finally got in a group that knew what they were doing...it did seem easy but I have to say you PVe geared guys that do it everyday may not remember how hard it was your first few times through..and its still B.S. that I had to do it for the Pinnacle crafting recipe I can buy at a vendor and gather all the Mats for.. other than that stupid BCA.

Seems like there should be a way to get a Biometric Crystal Alloy from PVP. Maybe in a BM bag or Champ bag as a rare.

Nahhhh.. See the last time designers tried to bury rarer drops in bags things didn't turn out so well...

I think it's kinda hilarious that one group of people says don't bother because the pve/pvp gear is better anyway...just do that...and then out of the other side of their mouth they also want to deny crafters the mats to simply create the supposed subpar crafted gear, lol. Edited by Cerion

Get rid of the crystals BOP status and there, problem solved. Crafters can craft without needing to spam HM/Ops and those that don't craft can make money selling supplies to crafters who need it. Everyone wins.

In a word...NO!

How about we just start handing out PVP rewards in FP's and Ops as well then? Like Every boss has a chance to drop a champion bag.

See how stupid that sounds?

want to craft? run a few hardmodes, otherwise deal with it.

Pve or mis out , spoken like a pver , play my way.

Why not remove all crafting drops from there pve, so they have to PvP to craft. See how dumb that sounds.

Pvp to craft deal with it .

Once upon a time I played an MMO that required the entire faction to work together in pvp for crafters to acquire the necessary materials to craft their best weapons and armour. You can probably guess how well that worked out. While I don't exactly subscribe to the pvp crowd, I can certainly understand where this guy is coming from. I think, at the very least, the BCA should be BOE rather than BOP. This is just my opinion.

Pve or mis out , spoken like a pver , play my way.

Why not remove all crafting drops from there pve, so they have to PvP to craft. See how dumb that sounds.

Pvp to craft deal with it .

This isnt a "play my way" arguement in the least. Its a play the way the game was designed or miss out argument. PVP is about...wait for it, killing other players! Its has its own set of rules and its own entirely different set of rewards. As a non-pvp'r I have zero access to those rewards unless Im willing to play that way, the way the game was designed.

This game is STUPID EASY to begin with, and CHOOSING not to run FP's to get bca's is just plain lazy, but asking to get it rewarded from killing other players is ludicrous and far to easily exploited.

Stop being lazy and go run a couple FP's with friends and you will have enough bca's to do whatever you want. One days effort at the most!

Edited by Facime

In a word...NO!

How about we just start handing out PVP rewards in FP's and Ops as well then? Like Every boss has a chance to drop a champion bag.

See how stupid that sounds?

want to craft? run a few hardmodes, otherwise deal with it.

Troll much mr carebear?

Of course biometric should be something pvper can get. 500/500 wz/merc comm would be good.

We are forced to get the good crafting gear, adrenal and stims. it is bad enough that mixing rakata with bm is better then a full set of bm...

You now, GTN is PVP so maybe BW should change so you carebears can't sell stuff on market unless you pay some merc commendation? 10 merc per item, sounds good?

It is PVP so just do some PVP if you want to use GTN, simple and fair eeh?

Troll much mr carebear?

Of course biometric should be something pvper can get. 500/500 wz/merc comm would be good.

We are forced to get the good crafting gear, adrenal and stims. it is bad enough that mixing rakata with bm is better then a full set of bm...

You now, GTN is PVP so maybe BW should change so you carebears can't sell stuff on market unless you pay some merc commendation? 10 merc per item, sounds good?

It is PVP so just do some PVP if you want to use GTN, simple and fair eeh?

Its not trolling, it's just explaining the way the game is designed. I can't fathom why they are bind on pick up, or why they cannot be gotten in the usual crafting method (crew skills) but its not the way the game is designed so we have to live with it.

Your point of view seems to be 'I want it my way and I'm not going to be happy until I get it.' to which the answer can only be, no, that's not how the game works.

I've never understood the need to tie crafting into a specific play-style in any MMO that I've played. Frustratingly, it seems to happen far too often.

I know people (and used to be one before all these BoP raiding mats came into games so often) who actually like to just craft, and sell their stuff on the GTM (Or alternate game equivalent) and care very little for even the generic PvE side of the game, save for gathering mats to do the crafting. When done right, they don't even gather mats any more after getting a good start. They just use their profits to buy more mats, and then make more money.

It's a whole other way to play MMOs, until designers start deciding that a good approach is to cap people who don't participate in other aspects of their game.

In most games, raiding usually already drops the best available armour for PvE content. So people who enjoy PvE raiding/instances get bonuses specific to them. People who PvP usually have access to the best equipment around for PvPing (It's laughable that BM & Rakata mix is arguably better than full BM here). You can normally take your end-game items from one and use them in the other, and be a little behind.

And then there is crafters, who always get screwed. They don't regularly find themselves with an ability to craft items which are focused on PvP. They frequently find themselves in a situation where they have to join a raiding guild of PUG instances to create the best PvE craftable recipes, or even obtain those recipes. And finally, they just about NEVER get anything which actually makes them better as crafters. There's almost literally no such thing as crafted items that further enhance crafting.

This is why I think BCAs should be at the very least removed from the BOP lists, even if it isn't ever made to be accessible in any other means than through raiding. This way, crafters will have full ability to use the money they make crafting to further their crafting choices, without being tied to PvE/PvP.

tldr; Crafters always get shafted and lumped together with PvE (often raiders). It's high time they were given the option to make all crafted items available to their chosen profession by using the profits they make from crafting to buy rarer materials and schematics. Consider it a "bonus" to those that do both Crafting and PvE that they don't need to pay exorbitant prices on the GTM.

Edited by Tyrias