Are androids and Iphones declared as "required" for playing this game?

NRieh

The question that the OP needs to ask Customer Service is this. If he knows someone in one of the areas that CAN buy the key, is it possible for them to buy it for him, send it to him, and the key be used for his account.

Cool. So, in order to play the game as suggested by official person (who claimed I can do it "easily") I may choose several options:

a) buy a new gadget that supports virtual authentificator

b) use third-party emulation software

c) Wait for X days\weeks\months (2 month already passed) and give them money (13€? Really??)

d) find myself someone somewhere, ask him to buy physical one, pay for delivering to that person and add more for him sending it out to me (don't think it would turn out less then 30$)

How come I don't enjoy any of those? Especially, since I'm told that passes are that EASY avalible? And pay same sub as all you, guys, do?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The physical key does not bind to a computer, it binds to your account. It's also not a USB device. You can clip it to your keyring and take it with you.

I don't see the issue with the phone app. Unless you're carrying several phones around with you, it's a non-issue. If you lose or break your phone with such regularity that the phone app is not practical, then get the physical key, and start using payphones.

That's interesting, I thought it was a USB thingy.

Nonetheless - more junk to carry around if I want to login to the website at work/phone/friends/hotel/ or tablet when im taking a dump. Or I can't login. Or like the threads on CS forum "my key dont work and CS did not reply for two weeks" i dont need that hassle

Cool. So, in order to play the game as suggested by official person (who claimed I can do it "easily") I may choose several options:

a) buy a new gadget that supports virtual authentificator

b) use third-party emulation software

c) Wait for X days\weeks\months (2 month already passed) and give them money (13€? Really??)

d) find myself someone somewhere, ask him to buy physical one, pay for delivering to that person and add more for him sending it out to me (don't think it would turn out less then 30$)

How come I don't enjoy any of those? Especially, since I'm told that passes are that EASY avalible? And pay same sub as all you, guys, do?

Your subscription has nothing to do with it. May as well get that notion out of your head now, as it's completely irrelevant to the situation at hand.

Your issue is with the physical key not being available in your country as yet. Possible workarounds have been suggested. Your choices are to either try one of those, or wait until the key becomes available in your region. At present, there is no information on when this will happen.

The perks for having the key are for having the key. Whether you have a subscription or not has no bearing on this. Your subscription entitles you to the same things everyone else gets for theirs. The security key vendor is not one of them.

Just for you to know - thread was actually started in CS section. And was removed from there to general (I just noticed). Which makes me think that I hardly ever get a "golden" line here, as they don't even consider the subject any related to customer support. Great.

"Are androids and Iphones declared as "required" for playing this game? "

No, you do not "need" a security key authecator because you don't "need" the items from it. You want them and thare is a difference as people have pointed out.

"LthalSavy: Will there be any way to implement a quick travel to your ship?

Georg Zoeller: Not in the short term, but it’s something we’ve been discussing on and off. Currently, given how easily available fleet travel passes are on the Security Vendor, we don’t think adding this is necessary."

Again the question was is there a quick travel to your ship and the answer is no short term plans. The question was not "Are there plans to add fleet travel passes to other vendors outside of Security Key Vendors."

"LthalSavy: Will there be any way to implement a quick travel to your ship?

Georg Zoeller: Not in the short term, but it’s something we’ve been discussing on and off. Currently, given how easily available fleet travel passes are on the Security Vendor, we don’t think adding this is necessary."

Again the question was is there a quick travel to your ship and the answer is no short term plans. The question was not "Are there plans to add fleet travel passes to other vendors outside of Security Key Vendors."

His issue was the fact that they dont feel adding it is necessary is based on "how easily available fleet travel passes are on Security Vendors". And if you live in NA then thats true. If you live anywhere else, not really.

Or as someone suggested, get the Android Emulator.

The security key is either free (mobile phone app) or sold at cost (keyfob). They don't make a profit on it. Pull yourself together, man. Just use the fleet shuttle.

Why should I have to get a security key (when my security is more than fine) by any means just because Bioware don't want to fix their travel system because the know leaving it broken encourages more people to get security keys? :eek:

Edited by Goretzu

His issue was the fact that they dont feel adding it is necessary is based on "how easily available fleet travel passes are on Security Vendors". And if you live in NA then thats true. If you live anywhere else, not really.

I live in europe and have the android security app, your point?

I live in europe and have the android security app, your point?

Congratulations on owning a piece of third-party hardware that allows you to access the security vendor. What about those people that think smart phones are a waste of money and don't have one or can't get one?

My point is, at this moment, NA has more options to access this feature of the game then other areas do. It'll change in time, but right now it doesn't seem as fair considering it's basically a lack of support for select areas.

Congratulations on owning a piece of third-party hardware that allows you to access the security vendor. What about those people that think smart phones are a waste of money and don't have one or can't get one?

My point is, at this moment, NA has more options to access this feature of the game then other areas do. It'll change in time, but right now it doesn't seem as fair considering it's basically a lack of support for select areas.

If you dont have the cash then i feel for you. If you think they're a waste of money then it's your own choice

At any rate you still don't need it to play. I lvled my 2 50s without the security key and any benefits it includes with no problems at all

It's not the authenticator that disturbs me - it's the fact that it's anything but trivial to implement fast travel to your ship. What kind of goofy setup did they implement that would actually complicate this simple requirement.

And yet on the recent blog they said that they are putting something together which will allow you to go directly to your ship. The link is in the stickies.

If you dont have the cash then i feel for you. If you think they're a waste of money then it's your own choice

At any rate you still don't need it to play. I lvled my 2 50s without the security key and any benefits it includes with no problems at all

Never said it was needed, didn't even say it useful. What I did say had to do with the fact that in BW quote he talks about how easy it is to get the access to the security vendors, when it's only easy for some people in some regions, as evidenced by the OP.

Never said it was needed, didn't even say it useful. What I did say had to do with the fact that in BW quote he talks about how easy it is to get the access to the security vendors, when it's only easy for some people in some regions, as evidenced by the OP.

Ok, fair point

Hopefully they will make it easier available down the line

Could you be so kind to show me where exactly in EULA it is written, that people who use smatrphones of a special brands are supposed to get more of this game than people who do not use them? Just in case I did miss something. Mr. Zoeller said we all have same in-game stuff, and we all are happy with it, and we all need no extra features.

ps: Also just have in mind, that android and mac are NOT the only OS options for smartphones. So keep your feelings for "not having cash" to yourself, ok?

Could you be so kind to show me where exactly in EULA it is written, that people who use smatrphones of a special brands are supposed to get more of this game than people who do not use them? Just in case I did miss something. Mr. Zoeller said we all have same in-game stuff, and we all are happy with it, and we all need no extra features.

ps: Also just have in mind, that android and mac are NOT the only OS options for smartphones. So keep your feelings for "not having cash" to yourself, ok?

Having access to the security key vendor is optional and not required to play the game, ever.

You dont get to tell me what to do ok?

If your self entitlement is so big that you absolutely cannot play without 1 hour cd fleetpass then use the freaking simulator and stop acting like a child, ok?

You dont get to tell me what to do ok?

If your self entitlement is so big that you absolutely cannot play without 1 hour cd fleetpass then use the freaking simulator and stop acting like a child, ok?

There's nothing self-entitled about NOT being able to use something that is in game.

There is something discriminatory about NOT giving something to everyone that they know help mitigate the problem with the travel system because they want there to be a draw for security keys though.

Otherwise they'd just stick the 1 hour Fleet Pass on normal vendors (as a lot of MMORPGs in fact do).

There's nothing self-entitled about NOT being able to use something that is in game.

There is something discriminatory about NOT giving something to everyone that they know help mitigate the problem with the travel system because they want there to be a draw for security keys though.

Otherwise they'd just stick the 1 hour Fleet Pass on normal vendors (as a lot of MMORPGs in fact do).

No, there isn't

It IS easily available to anyone by using an emulator, you're just acting like a spoiled child if you're whining about it

And what travel problems? Do you realize how ridiculous it is to cry about 3 minutes of travel times a few times a day at most?

Edited by lineschmidt

No, there isn't

It IS easily available to anyone by using an emulator, you're just acting like a spoiled child if you're whining about it

And what travel problems? Do you realize how ridiculous it is to cry about 3 minutes of travel times a few times a day at most?

Again making someone use something, because they know if they don't use it the system is subpar is NOT self-entitlement, it is quite the opposite in fact! :)

They just give some incentives for people to secure their accounts better. Nothing wrong with that imo.

It also makes it easy to find out who has a key on their account and who doesn't. All you have to do is ask them if they can use the vendor in game, if no then their account is an easier target.

Edited by NasherUK