Are androids and Iphones declared as "required" for playing this game?

NRieh

Don't think I need to repeat what was already stated in my previous posts. Problem here is not that pass itself is not avalible to everyone, but that damn tool that is needed to get the pass (which is showed as a "solution", not by me, not by random player) IS NOT AVALIBLE.

No, you need to stop repeating yourself and to actually read what was typed in previous posts. The solution IS AVAILABLE, FOR FREE, TO EVERYONE.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never used the fleet pass. Why would you? Every planet has a shuttle to fleet.

That's not true. Let's say I'm scavenging on Ilum and people want me to run a Flashpoint. I've got to quick travel if available, then board a shuttle to an orbital station. Run to an elevator, load an airlock, run to ship door, load the ship. Run up to my pilot chair, open starmap and find Fleet. Select it, brief load, run to back of ship and load Fleet. The whole process takes about 10 minutes. 10 minutes everyone has to wait on me. If I had the 60 min fleet pass, i could be there in 2 mins or less.

That's not true. Let's say I'm scavenging on Ilum and people want me to run a Flashpoint. I've got to quick travel if available, then board a shuttle to an orbital station. Run to an elevator, load an airlock, run to ship door, load the ship. Run up to my pilot chair, open starmap and find Fleet. Select it, brief load, run to back of ship and load Fleet. The whole process takes about 10 minutes. 10 minutes everyone has to wait on me. If I had the 60 min fleet pass, i could be there in 2 mins or less.

I totally forgot, there's no such thing as an Emergency Fleet Pass.

Emergency fleet pass is great! Once every 18 hours. Note that the official answer does not even mention the emergency fleet pass.

The "solution" comes with a condition, use a security key. Hey, that's a good thing, security, right? I vote for expanding this idea - no speeders unless you have a security key. Not a problem right? See, it's not voluntary anymore, it becomes almost mandatory.

To the OP - I hope that this emulator thing will work for you and thanks for the person who brought it up.

Personally I'm not going to utilize this, mainly because I don't have an issue with travel time and because I decided I don't want the potential hassle with a security key etc.

This particular answer was definitely not very ... diplomatic and the reaction to be insulted by this because you don't want the security key understandable.

The bright news:

This will definitely be a quicker way to get to your ship and would have been a better answer to the question.

Well this sucks. I was hoping Bioware wouldn't cave to to the "OMG GOTTA GET THERE NAO OR MY HEAD WILL FALL OFF" crowd and leave the immersive orbital stations and the rest as a required link to get from one place to another.

There is nothing wrong with the orbital stations and the rest, the problem is the loading screens. If they remove those, they will have an MMO friendly system which is fast enough without making people stare at those damned load screens, which is what really pisses them off.

You know, I honestly can't get all this complaining about travel in SWTOR. Sometimes you had to spend 10 or more minutes flying in WoW to get from one place to another. People are just getting lazier and more demanding every day.

Or you can GET IN YOUR SHIP AND FLY THERE.

Which takes all of like 3 minutes.

Three minutes? What am I? Made of minutes? :mad:

No, being as logical as you means we can't come to the forum and nag and whine!

Edited by Triss

I am not going to discuss how much this feature is needed here (but since they managed to answer this question - looks like it IS, not only for me).

But "how much it is needed" is the whole basis of your title and argument. You are stating it is required and it clearly isn't.

I've got to quick travel if available, then board a shuttle to an orbital station.

Since quick travel cool down is only 30 mins, the odd of it being up is pretty good. Time it takes to get from taxi/outpost bind point to the shuttle, 5 secs, 10 if not loading speeder and just run to it on foot instead.

Run to an elevator

10-15 seconds, tops.

load an airlock,

No loading required as it is a same zone transition. Black screen transition takes about 2 seconds at the most.

run to ship door,

Less than 5 seconds.

load the ship.

Ship is the fastest loading "zone" in the game due to its small size. Even on my 2 years old, not peak performance machine it takes less than 5-6 seconds to load into the ship from any planet.

Run up to my pilot chair, open starmap and find Fleet. Select it, brief load, run to back of ship and load Fleet.

It should take litte more than 1 minute to do all of this once you have memorized the galactic map location of each planet (you should if you are level 50). Now I will grant you that loading into the Imperial Station can take a little while depending on the time of the day but 20-30 seconds is the most I have encountered during peak hours with populations of 200+.

The whole process takes about 10 minutes. 10 minutes everyone has to wait on me. If I had the 60 min fleet pass, i could be there in 2 mins or less.

It shouldn't even take you 5 minutes to get from a planet to the station using the traditional way, much less 10. I have been engaged in this specific travel pattern on my level 50 almost daily for *weeks* now whether it is Belsavis or Ilum. 10 mins is a vast over-estimation.

Not sure if serious......

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Since quick travel cool down is only 30 mins, the odd of it being up is pretty good. Time it takes to get from taxi/outpost bind point to the shuttle, 5 secs, 10 if loading speeder and just run to it on foot instead.

10-15 seconds, tops.

No loading required as it is a same zone transition. Black screen transition takes about 2 seconds at the most.

Less than 5 seconds.

Ship is the fastest loading "zone" in the game due to its small size. Even on my 2 years old, not peak performance machine it takes less than 5-6 seconds to load into the ship from any planet.

It should take litte more than 1 minute to do all of this once you have memorized the galactic map location of each planet (you should if you are level 50). Now I will grant you that loading into the Imperial Station can take a little while depending on the time of the day but 20-30 seconds is the most I have encountered during peak hours with populations of 200+.

It shouldn't even take you 5 minutes to get from a planet to the station using the traditional way, much less 10.

Not sure if serious......

I'm gonna time it just for you. Takes me 2 minutes flat to load Ilum. A lot of people have similar load times.

I have the security key installed, how do I get the 18 hour Fleet ability? I dont understand this, what vendor?

It's inherent for each character. Just open up your abilities window (not the skill tree one) and look under the general tab. Emergency fleet pass should show up and you just drag it onto your hotbar.

I'm gonna time it just for you. Takes me 2 minutes flat to load Ilum. A lot of people have similar load times.

Why would you load Ilum? You're going from Ilum to the Fleet station because that's what the fleet pass does. The time it takes to load *into* a planet is irrelevant since you are already on the planet and is now traveling the opposite direction. Am I missing something here?

P.S: If you do time it, feel free to post it on Youtube or something as proof. Even your 2 minutes long Ilum load time seems like a big stretch to me. If your computer is really that slow, I honestly don't even know how you met the system requirement to run the game in the first place.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Kindly stop derailing this topic. While it started out as being about fleet passes, OP has in stead said this is about the availability of authenticators. Take your red herring about how you think of the travel system elsewhere.

Edited by TheHiddey

Kindly stop derailing this topic. While it started out as being about fleet passes, OP has in stead said this is about the availability of authenticators. Take your red herring about how you think of the travel system elsewhere.

I'd like a 60 min fleet pass to get from Ilum to Fleet when I'm needed. Which can happen several times a day. Was that beyond your reading comprehension? You clearly didn't read or understand the topic here. Perhaps you can go someplace else if you don't care to discuss the 60 min Fleet Pass, and why someone would need it.

Edited by Kourage

Then get a security key or the app for it, and use the android emulator if necessary.

I'm going to work on that. Just addressing the people claiming how insignificant the 60 min pass is. If it's so not needed, then why did they devs cite it when addressing the timely travel system? See quote in OP.

I'm going to work on that. Just addressing the people claiming how insignificant the 60 min pass is. If it's so not needed, then why did they devs cite it when addressing the timely travel system? See quote in OP.

So you're trying to avoid proving the 10 minute travel time claim now or?

Publicity for the feature. Mentioning it in QA means that more people know about it and will get a Auth keyfob or program.

Perhaps you can go someplace else if you don't care to discuss the 60 min Fleet Pass, and why someone would need it.

Convenience feature is not the same as "needed" feature. The two words are not synonyms. It's the difference between parking the car to walk into McDonalds to get your food or utilizing the drive through window. If a McDonalds doesn't have a drive through window, it doesn't mean that their customers can't order food.

I've been playing this game since the first day of public release and have 4 characters of level 30+, including a 50. I have never bought or used the fleet pass even once. It is a nice option to have for sure but not "needed".

Edited by Oneirophrenia

You do not have to buy anything. If you have a smartphone, use it. Otherwise use the program linked above.

No cost. Completely free. Less QQ.

Has anyone actually tried if that works with the emulator ? Because i really don´t want my account blocked just because the emulator bugs out (like emulators often do).

Can you read? I CAN NOT buy one, not for 4$ not for 40$. They DO NOT SELL it to me.

So Bioware doesnt officially sell the game game in your country?

It is not supported there, If you didn't want to have this kind of issues you shouldn't have bought the game.