Are androids and Iphones declared as "required" for playing this game?

NRieh

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That appears to be the gist of it, though one assumes that if they are playing the game then Bioware must be allowing subs from thier region...

So, if this is the case, then why can they not buy the fob? This is what I am struggling to understand.

Well, BioWare allows subs from ANY region, but they don't officially sell the game everywhere... they just said they won't deny anyone that finds a way to purchase the game.

So if this player is in a region where they are not selling the game, it makes perfect sense they won't sell him a security fob. But if he IS in a region listed by BioWare, then they should sell one I think! Maybe it's a security device export rule or something.

So where are you playing where you can by the game, but not a security key generator???

Europe. When I goto the site it only says shipping is available to the US and Canada. Like if I COULD purchase it, I'd retract my argument and apologize. I've tried to circumvent this but I cannot do so apparently. They just do not ship to my country which is bothersome.

Edited by RivinHal

So if this player is in a region where they are not selling the game, it makes perfect sense they won't sell him a security fob. But if he IS in a region listed by BioWare, then they should sell one I think! Maybe it's a security device export rule or something.

I dont know where other several players from, but my country IS on the list, game is sold in local stores as boxes, game and timecodes are both sold via translated origin-store for local currency. Should any of those give me a hint that support for my country is any different then for the rest of the EU zone?

Europe. When I goto the site it only says shipping is available to the US and Canada. Like if I COULD purchase it, I'd retract my argument and apologize.

Yeah but there are countries in Europe that are not on BioWare's list of official regions... what country in Europe are you in?

Yeah but there are countries in Europe that are not on BioWare's list of official regions... what country in Europe are you in?

That doesn't matter, it's beside the point. Like the other poster said, If they sell the game in stores along with gametime cards, as well as on the internet and offer the Security app for phones, why will they not sell us the physical fob? That is our issue! My nation is listed as an official region. This is why I am complaining! I think I'm just going to have my friend in America order and ship me one if he can rather than wait.. If that is possible and in the guidelines of my rights and stuff.

Edited by RivinHal

That doesn't matter, it's beside the point. Like the other poster said, If they sell the game in stores along with gametime cards, as well as on the internet and offer the Security app for phones, why will they not sell us the physical fob? That is our issue! My nation is listed as an official region. This is why I am complaining! I think I'm just going to have my friend in America order and ship me one if he can rather than wait.. If that is possible and in the guidelines of my rights and stuff.

It absolutely matters. The stores that carry it can get it in many ways and just because it's there doesn't mean EA sells it officially in your country.

Why not just tell us your country? If it's on the list, you have a beef.

And if it is, there is like a _law_ that has to do with the export (or import) of such devices to your country.

It absolutely matters. The stores that carry it can get it in many ways and just because it's there doesn't mean EA sells it officially in your country.

Why not just tell us your country? If it's on the list, you have a beef.

And if it is, there is like a _law_ that has to do with the export (or import) of such devices to your country.

Denmark. If I am wrong, please help me. Like I said, I'm not complaining for the sake of it. I'm genuinely upset. And if there is a law, I obviously won't break it but do without I suppose. If I am somehow incorrect, I apologize. I said it didn't matter because I am moving to the USA shortly regardless... But not soon enough. I've just returned to Denmark, and am hating it here.

Edit: I think I'll just forget about it. I'm going home soon enough, and can wait until I arrive I suppose. I'll leave the crusading to the nationals I guess. =(

Edited by RivinHal

I have an android and use the security key on my account, so I have access to the one hour fleet pass. I will however agree completely with the OP. The one hour fleet pass should be made available to ALL players. It is simply too useful a tool to keep from players who can't or wont use it. There are other ways to create perks that don't screw over players so badly.

I can't imagine playing this game without the hourly fleet pass, I use it a lot when jumping around the galaxy with guild mates doing different things. If it was not available to me I would probably end up leaving as travel is very tedious in this game as it is for no good reason.

I'm happy to see that Bioware is aware of the problem and looking to address it.

How does not having it screw over anyone? I've had the security key. I've purchased the fleet passes once. It really isn't that big of a deal to actually travel as the game really intended you to travel.

How does not having it screw over anyone? I've had the security key. I've purchased the fleet passes once. It really isn't that big of a deal to actually travel as the game really intended you to travel.

Its not what is offered as much as it's the fact that some people CANNOT get it. That's my problem atleast.

Dear God in heaven this board is filled with fanboi nonsense, and this thread inparticular. Makes it painful to read, and more so to attempt to participate. Honestly, it's a real put off from even coming here. Is it always like this? Edited by kmontyw

Someone explain to me how its so excessive just to hit quick travel to spaceport and then walk to your ship. Takes maybe 2 minutes. Then click map and travel to fleet another couple of seconds. I mean how much hand holding do you need?

Just as much "hand holding" as you'd get with SKV access I guess. :)

Ah I see so this is about entitlement. You feel entitled to things other people have without having to do what it takes to get them. I totally understand now.

Why should anyone have to get a security key to get a properly functional travel system?

Shouldn't a fit for purpose travel system be part of an MMO that someone is paying a subcription for?

The current travel system is working. Not being happy with how it's working does not mean it's not working.

Yup, i agree

I understand the point of the key not being available everywhere. Hopefully BW are aware and working on it

That being said, it's still only like 3 minutes travel time from any planet to fleet. I really think some people are blowing it way out of proportions

The current travel system is working. Not being happy with how it's working does not mean it's not working.

Except when you read the orginal quote Bioware themselves admit it's not working well..... they just think everyone should get a security key to (at least partially) sort it. :mad:

If Bioware accept the travel system isn't fit for purpose, why should any paying customer then do so?

Except when you read the orginal quote Bioware themselves admit it's not working well..... they just think everyone should get a security key to (at least partially) sort it. :mad:

If Bioware accept the travel system isn't fit for purpose, why should any paying customer then do so?

Where did you get that? The original quote in the opening post says they have been discussing quick travel to your ship, as a reply to a question concerning that. In no way is anything being said about the quality of the traveling system.

Can you read? I CAN NOT buy one, not for 4$ not for 40$. They DO NOT SELL it to me.

And OFFICIAL Q&A thread states that they are not going to implemend an extra features, just because fleet pass from security vendor works perfectly fine.

I am not going to discuss how much this feature is needed here (but since they managed to answer this question - looks like it IS, not only for me).

I have plain facts here. What official person stated actually is NOT correct. And it also means that their customers service and in-game features (for some reasons one hardly can explain) depend on brand and model of cell-phone and\or on location where customer lives.

Wrong. We are not talking about extra utility that allows you to work with GTN and\or crew skills. We are talking about IN-GAME feature, isn't it obvious? You really can't tell the difference?

We get it. . .you want to get a 1 hour fleet pass. However this isn't required in any way. Play the game like millions of us do. There's no need to complain cause you want something 'now'

Why should anyone have to get a security key to get a properly functional travel system?

Shouldn't a fit for purpose travel system be part of an MMO that someone is paying a subcription for?

yes yes, now hte 18 hour cooldown isn't 'properly functional' because you can't use it when you WANT WANT WANT

ill let you continue to cry about it, while i go and play the game

im sure ill come back in an hour and you'll be threatening to unsub from the game until you get this feature

We get it. . .you want to get a 1 hour fleet pass. However this isn't required in any way. Play the game like millions of us do. There's no need to complain cause you want something 'now'

Talking on behalf of millions already, huh?

Are "millions of you" restricted in game functionality, announced as "easily avalible", basing on your phone models and\or your location, which is OFFICIALLY listed as supported region? I do not "want quick fleet pass now", I want official persons to be responsible for what they say.