The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are androids and Iphones declared as "required" for playing this game?

NRieh

Not open to EU market As far as i can remember. ETA might have changed since I tried to buy it at start of january

On the italian version of the store site it's listed A 12.99 euros.

I'd not buy it simply for that reason alone. That is not a price difference excusable by taxes.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well actually they said that the Fleet Pass negates a need for a specific improvement to the travel system.

Yet not everyone has access to that.

Far from self-entitlement this is a thread against discrimination! :eek:

You get what you pay for, that's not discrimination

What it is is self entitled ppl trying to argue this like it's a matter for the UN

1. It's not needed, it's a luxury

2. Without it, it takes 3 minutes tops to travel from anywhere to the fleet

3. Even if it's not available in your country AND you don't have an android/iphone you can still get the perk through an emulator

To continue arguing how you're discriminated over several days is self entitlement. It's a very minor issue which can easily be resolved yet some ppl here refuse to either deal with it or use the options available

What it is is self entitled ppl trying to argue this like it's a matter for the UN

1. It's not needed, it's a luxury

2. Without it, it takes 3 minutes tops to travel from anywhere to the fleet

3. Even if it's not available in your country AND you don't have an android/iphone you can still get the perk through an emulator

To continue arguing how you're discriminated over several days is self entitlement. It's a very minor issue which can easily be resolved yet some ppl here refuse to either deal with it or use the options available

Well technically you can get it for "free".

Although that's free as in beer, as you pay a time and inconvenience cost.

However what it is doing (according to Bioware) is blocking an improvement to the Travel system (i.e. quick travel to ship), so in that sense it is discriminatory, because those without it will never have that improvement.

It's not self-entitled to want what others get for the same $$$'s.

Well technically you can get it for "free".

Although that's free as in beer, as you pay a time and inconvenience cost.

However what it is doing (according to Bioware) is blocking an improvement to the Travel system (i.e. quick travel to ship), so in that sense it is discriminatory, because those without it will never have that improvement.

It's not self-entitled to want what others get for the same $$$'s.

1. You CAN get what other ppl got, use an emulator. You just wont do that for some reason

2. No one has quick travel to ship, there is no discrimination here

3. The time cost of not having unlimited fleet passes is 3 minutes max and thats assuming your 60 min pass is not on cd

Yes, i get it. It's a minor inconvenience that you can't get it in your region yet but to go on and on about it is self entitlement. That's my opinion

Edited by lineschmidt

How does that theory work with the extreme price difference between regions. Authenticator is available here for $17.50. If you and I both get what we pay for, do I get more than you since I paid more? :p;)

I'd hope the average pay was higher in that region;)

Yeah people in the EU are paid on average 3-4 times as much as the US. :D

Is it excusable by shipping?

Tax + Shipping increases the price by over 300%? I'd expect a decent domestic shipping option to cost about £2, or about $3, bringing the total price to £5 including tax plus however much it costs to ship them over to the UK/EU. Where did the other £4 come from, or the even higher price those paying in Euros have to pay?

1. You CAN get what other ppl got, use an emulator. You just wont do that for some reason

2. No one has quick travel to ship, there is no discrimination here

3. The time cost of not having unlimited fleet passes is 3 minutes max and thats assuming your 60 min pass is not on cd

Yes, i get it. It's a minor inconvenience that you can't get it in your region yet but to go on and on about it is self entitlement. That's my opinion

Yes as I said indeed you can, so it is NOT a "luxury" item as you supposed. :)

Given that, and that everyone pays the same amount for the same access to the game, why should one group be discriminated against for not having access to the security key vendor?

Given that, and that everyone pays the same amount for the same access to the game, why should one group be discriminated against for not having access to the security key vendor?

But anyone on a pc does have access through an emulator if nothing else...

Tax + Shipping increases the price by over 300%? I'd expect a decent domestic shipping option to cost about £2, or about $3, bringing the total price to £5 including tax plus however much it costs to ship them over to the UK/EU. Where did the other £4 come from, or the even higher price those paying in Euros have to pay?

I don't know exactly where the keys ship from. But, I imagine it is somewhere in the US. That makes it international shipping, not domestic. That brings quite a hefty pay increase. A 1 lb envelope mailed to the UK can cost $10.

Edited by KittyPrawn

That's the point we're making though. No group is being discriminated against. Everyone has equal access to obtain a security key. The means to obtain one may not be straight forward and may require different steps than someone with an android or iphone. However, if you CHOOSE not to obtain a key, it is only your fault that you don't have access, not Bioware.

But anyone on a pc does have access through an emulator if nothing else...

But not everyone used security keys. :)

To be forced to use them to get what is blocking a general improvment is discimination.

That's the point we're making though. No group is being discriminated against. Everyone has equal access to obtain a security key. The means to obtain one may not be straight forward and may require different steps than someone with an android or iphone. However, if you CHOOSE not to obtain a key, it is only your fault that you don't have access, not Bioware.

Everyone is equal..... just some are more equal than others, eh?

Sorry, but no. :csw_yoda:

To be forced to use them to get what is blocking a general improvment is discimination.

Then i dont understand

Are you complaining because you wont use a security key but you still want the perks?

Wait, you get a 1hr CD fleet pass if you have an authenticator?!! I must not have been playing the game these past 2+ months because I didn't even know this existed!

Best part: I live in the US AND have an Android phone!!!!

I guess I better start playing this game (I've already paid my sub) and get that authenticator.

I have the authenticator and have never bought any of the one use fleet passes off the vendor. I might start doing it. Useful? Sure, gets you to your destination 2-5 min faster. Necessary? Um, not by a long shot. If you think it is "necessary" and/or "required" please define the word "necessary" and/or "required" so everyone here can understand what you mean by it. Edited by Laokoon

Because the group the uses that authenticator causes less cost to Bioware via a decreased rate of account hi-jacking and thus fewer Customer service issues. If you have an authenticator and use it, you are saving Bioware money (not each individual person, but as a whole group on average) so you get a bonus for doing so. What is your argument that you should get the bonus of saving Bioware money when you are not saving Bioware money? What is your reasoning, aside from "I want the benefit so I should have it?"

By that same logic: You buy a regular edition of TOR and someone else buys a CE edition. They got a fancy statue and you didn't, so I guess that is discrimination too? Not everyone got the statue. To be forced to buy a CE to get a nice statue is discrimination. Everyone is equal... just some are more equal than others, because they paid the money/did the work/ ect whatever to get the additional item/content?

Discrimination: 1.The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or sex

There is no discrimination. If you think that this is discrimination against a social class then I hate to be the bearer of bad news but for thousands and thousands of years, the wealthy have always been able to obtain more than the poor.

The last time I read about the key gen for Android I believe it left alot of people unable to logon because they lost or broke their phone or it was factory reset. Is this still the case?

A 3-5 minute phone call can fix that for you if you have issues with/lost your key.

The reason I ask the above questions is because of this line-

Please note that you may be charged by your provider for making an international phone call, and charges may be based on the country from which you place the call.

To be fair I think its a free call number for the UK but I dont like to take things for granted. and I know now the service is 24 hour.

Edited by joneb