Frustrated @ fighting entire team of sorcs

Caribroo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup and now that the bandwagon has caught up, they're flooding the 50 bracket too. Funny thing is MOST of them don't use other abilities like affliction, crushing darkness, chain lightning etc- just lightninglightninglightning until you get close, overload with root and force speed away and right back to lightninglightninglightning and when you break their bubble you get stunned, they run away and find a heal spawn because they usually don't heal themselves.

There are MANY bads playing sorc/sage, it's unbelievable.

Personally I dont think they have enough tools. I mean come on look at the bigger picture. A "ward" that mitigates 2 hits at the least, 150% run speed for when things get thick, an interupt, a stun, a force lift, a mez, there maine attack actually regens there power and not uses power, an AOE that hits for 4-5k on insta cast and is almost always up, and I feel like i missed something.

However there is no way this is enough. What they need is an insta cast AOE mezz with a 50 meter radius. How Biowared missed giving them this ability is on me. How can they possibly be effective without an AOE unbreakable mezz with a 1 minute duration.........

Heck, it's even better than the 10% "constant" damage reduction Mercenaries and Commandos get, or their immunity to interrupts.

F..k I wish I was immune to interrupts. Must be something I'm missing because I play a commando and holy ****, if I'm gunnery then almost EVERY ATTACK gets interrupted. Must just be me... >_>

Personally I dont think they have enough tools. I mean come on look at the bigger picture. A "ward" that mitigates 2 hits at the least, 150% run speed for when things get thick, an interupt, a stun, a force lift, a mez, there maine attack actually regens there power and not uses power, an AOE that hits for 4-5k on insta cast and is almost always up, and I feel like i missed something.

However there is no way this is enough. What they need is an insta cast AOE mezz with a 50 meter radius. How Biowared missed giving them this ability is on me. How can they possibly be effective without an AOE unbreakable mezz with a 1 minute duration.........

Are you crazy, that would be like giving them a knockback/root combo in one ability, and putting a snare on their main attack.

F..k I wish I was immune to interrupts. Must be something I'm missing because I play a commando and holy ****, if I'm gunnery then almost EVERY ATTACK gets interrupted. Must just be me... >_>

If you're up the healing tree you can get 70% pushback resist plus 30% resist when shield is up (that's 100% immune to interrupt)?

The suggestion of giving two stances to Counselors-Sorcerers is a good suggestion someone made in another thread. This would allow flexibility in playstyle, but limit the amound of dmg a healer could do, or the amount of healing a dps could do. Might be an excellent fix if one knew the metrics and could conduct some testing.

The pessimist in me says they're putting off nerfing Sorcerers because they don't want to bring down an avalanche of QQ from the most overpopulated class in the game.

I hope the optimist is right.

Put that way it reeks of WAR.

Though I just want to point out that heavy consular teams are just as pain. Maybe I'm just silly for playing a melee tank; ok I definitely know that's true.

The suggestion of giving two stances to Counselors-Sorcerers is a good suggestion someone made in another thread. This would allow flexibility in playstyle, but limit the amound of dmg a healer could do, or the amount of healing a dps could do. Might be an excellent fix if one knew the metrics and could conduct some testing.

It really wont work.

Healer Sorc already cant kill anyone. DPS sorc never runs out of force so switching stance unless it cost 500 force would not be an issue and people would simply stance dance.

The fix for the issue to to move certain skills within the Sorc trees around so that you cant get all the best things as a hybrid and to make 31pt spec's actually worth it since almost no Sorc is 31pt unless its healer.

Exaggeration is strong with this one. Or do you have supporting evidence? If you do have screenshots (which you obviously won't), I look forward to laughing at you when they show half the so called 'sorcerers' have protection medals.

Oh, also, i just played 20 WZ's in a row and the entire team was mercenaries. As soon as I came out of the spawn I took 8 tracer missiles to the knee.

See, I can do it to.

He could very easily end up with 4 games in a row against 6+ sages.

Get a couple of sage-heavy premades into the rotation + a couple of randoms who also happen to be this very popular class, and BAM! you see some majority sage teams 3-4 auto-requeue games in a row.

I won't claim for a minute that I'll face "all sage" teams every time I queue up, but I've definitely had runs of around half a dozen matches where I'm facing nothing but sages and troopers, and it's mostly sages.

Don't try to suggest that his claim didn't happen at all, simply because it doesn't happen every time.

if you can't kill a sage or soc your doing it wrong, focus in on them and you will win.

I mean if they are low and heal you know at somepoint they are going to want to speed run away, SAVE YOUR CC or slow.

To heal effectively they have to be standing still which means even if they run away they have to stop running to heal, interupt them!

I play a hybrid heal/DPS soc and I rarely die because rarely do I get focused on and rarely does the guy fighting me have the brains to kill me.

Again I will stress people that QQ want there pvp to be like pve. they want to stand there and duel it out don't want to have to use tactics to win a fight.

What makes no sense, is that Range dps shares the same HP as melee.

Even a pvp'ed tank only has 16kish max.

Whatever, range is ezmode.

This dude is herpaderpin. I know a Powertech BH that has 18k HP unbuffed and over 20k when flly buffed. Try again.

If you're up the healing tree you can get 70% pushback resist plus 30% resist when shield is up (that's 100% immune to interrupt)?

Pushback != Interrupt

Pushback is what you suffer while casting and take damage. That little cast bar goes to the right a little bit.

Interrupt is when someone uses an ability that stops your cast/channel ability and prevents you from using it again for a period of time.

It really wont work.

Healer Sorc already cant kill anyone. DPS sorc never runs out of force so switching stance unless it cost 500 force would not be an issue and people would simply stance dance.

The fix for the issue to to move certain skills within the Sorc trees around so that you cant get all the best things as a hybrid and to make 31pt spec's actually worth it since almost no Sorc is 31pt unless its healer.

I am a 31 Point Lightning spec DPSer and that ability is fricken awesome. People that don't get the 31 point abilities and try them out make me lol. Assuming that the 31 point abilities are not worth it is hilarious especially when mine makes your health bar meltaway.

I am not sure there is a viable way to "nerf" the class and its mirror at all. The real issue isn't any one ability. It's the way the class was put together by the design team in that it simply has too much utility in PVP. The only way to fix it is to redesign the entire class which would lead to redesigning the others... Until that becomes an option, then consulars and inquisitors are what they are. Edited by SDFX

I am not sure there is a viable way to "nerf" the class and its mirror at all. The real issue isn't any one ability. It's the way the class was put together by the design team in that it simply has too much utility in PVP. The only way to fix it is to redesign the entire class which would lead to redesigning the others... Until that becomes an option, then consulars and inquisitors are what they are.

Move madness talent in madness tree (no cooldown on lightning) to 31 point talent (this applies to it's mirror as well).

Class fixed. You are welcome. If you think this class was balanced around the hybrid specs? You are delusional. All specs were balanced around specs that went deep into trees.

A) Class would still have the exact same viability in pve as dps.

B) Class would STILL be the best ranged class in pvp as full balance/madness.

C) Class would be a late bloomer in pvp just like other classes. Guardian/Jug are HORRIBLE until later levels in pvp. What does this accomplish? Less FOTM rerolls.

D) Lightning is probably among the best leveling specs in the game, so leveling is NOT a problem. You can still solo 2 man quests with ease, which is something some classes can't do at all.

In addition resolve needs reworked, but this is a problem with all AC's. No class needs more CC then a instant mez, a knockback and a RANGED stun, when they already have a RANGED slow, and a main attack that also autokites. The hybrid spec root on knockback is the real issue. When there are 4 or up hybrid sorc on the other team, that talent alone makes melee completely useless. When added to all the other CC? It is just stupidly OP.

This is where some idiot claims deep balance/madness has another CC (root). The difference? You actually have to target that person, you actually have to hit a key to do it, and you aren't screwing over 2-3 melee who are targeting someone else (a healer for instance) and just happen to be within knockback range.

They already have nerfed other hybrid specs (shadow/assassin) that NOONE complained about. My solution kills the hybrid spec, and still leaves sorc/sage with the same pve dps, same dps in pvp, and all it really does is just make life BEARABLE for melee in this game.

I would still play a deep balance/madness spec over a commando/merc/slinger/sniper. Being slightly OP? I can live with that (playing against them). The hybrid spec? That crap needs to go.

Add to that a full balance/madness spec is every bit as good in a one on one vs a melee as a hybrid spec due to the additional SINGLE TARGET root you get, so you don't lose one vs one viability either.

Edited by biowareftw