Frustrated @ fighting entire team of sorcs

Caribroo

I literally played 4 warzones in a row, as Republic, and the enemy team was 6 out of 8 Sorcerers. Let me give you an idea of how fun this is...

They're all 30m away... They all have knockbacks, ranged stuns, they all snare with their main damage ability, the snares aren't affected by resolve, the snares don't build resolve. When you do catch the sorcerer they have a 150% movement speed run buff to scurry away.

The short rant is this... The sorcerer doesn't even need the ability to kite to be frustratingly hard to kill, while doing very good damage, and yet they have all the tools they need to kite someone endlessly.

I'm not stupid, I realize that 6 of any class is going to be frustrating. Once I joined a warzone that had 4 operatives in it working together pre-operative nerf. It was nightmarish to watch them vaporize the entire enemy team, but hey I'd rather have that than the 6 sorcerer unkillable. Focus one, he runs away, switch to another, he runs away.... It's pointless!

Healing is too powerful, sorcerer bubble is too strong, global cooldown is too long to sufficiently burst someone coupled with the resource mechanics in this game.

Irregardless of the fact that ranged has too extreme an advantage without a single disadvantage. Maybe line of sight, but in Ilum that matters how? There's a few spots on the first part of voidstar to LoS but otherwise not enough for me to care about trying to humor the idea. Sort of pointless to hide behind a way, good way to kill your enemy....

Bud, same thing on the other side. All is see on the republic side is Commando Troopers and Sage's. I have seen some matches where there are 6 sages or 6 Commando troopers. Everyone has and does FOTM. [i have a commando too btw], but 2 of my 50's are empire.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes nerf sorcs because we all know they are overpowered standing 10 foot tall and by pushing one button can shoot force lightning from there eyes and force storms from there *** destroying entire teams in seconds.

or so the myth that most people seem to think.

I find that sorcs blow up quite nicely with if you actually try and dont let them stand there and freecast like 90% of teams do. an once of teamwork and focus fire can mow down multiple sorcs pretty darn fast.

even after a nerf you will still see alot of them because there flashy casters and peeps love tossing that purple lightning. :cool:

I am a 31 Point Lightning spec DPSer and that ability is fricken awesome. People that don't get the 31 point abilities and try them out make me lol. Assuming that the 31 point abilities are not worth it is hilarious especially when mine makes your health bar meltaway.

You are aware of the fact that Death Field/Force in Balance have nearly the same base damage as Thundering Blast/Turbulence while also being instant, AoE and self healing?

I mean I am a full TK player too but I do realize when I see superior talents. TB/Turb need at least a 3.5 second preparation time (DoT 1.5 sec GCD-> 2 sec cast) while FiB/DF is instant.

Edited by Vales

yes nerf sorcs because we all know they are overpowered standing 10 foot tall and by pushing one button can shoot force lightning from there eyes and force storms from there *** destroying entire teams in seconds.

or so the myth that most people seem to think.

I find that sorcs blow up quite nicely with if you actually try and dont let them stand there and freecast like 90% of teams do. an once of teamwork and focus fire can mow down multiple sorcs pretty darn fast.

even after a nerf you will still see alot of them because there flashy casters and peeps love tossing that purple lightning. :cool:

state your class / level / rank / gear or it didn't happen.

I am a 31 Point Lightning spec DPSer and that ability is fricken awesome. People that don't get the 31 point abilities and try them out make me lol. Assuming that the 31 point abilities are not worth it is hilarious especially when mine makes your health bar meltaway.

I dont mean to be rude, but you need to experiment more with specs because you are simply wrong. Thunderous blast doesnt melt anything compared to what you could have.

I was 31pt lightning for a long time and even with the 100% crit it used to hit for less on a single target than my chain lightning. No when you consider chain lightning is AOE and i was casting that thing instantly due to procs? Oh, my deathfield also hit for the same if not more on a single target.

Im sorry but trying to claim 31pt lightning melts face when you could get forked lightning and then stack wrath on that so you could chain insta-cast chained, forked lightning and crushing darkness filled in with deathfields?

No. You are wrong, 31pt lightning does not melt anything compared to a hybrid and the fact almost every competetive Sorc in PvP who wants to use lightning primairly is either 23 (chain) or 28 (forked) is evidence to this.

There was no assumption in my post, it was based of experience playing with 31pt lightning as a full Champ.

Edit: the gap in DPS is even bigger with hybrid due to wrath proc'ing so often that its up more than crushing darkness, meaning you arent reliant on lightning strike to give you insta-cast chain lightning. This means you have two methods of pumping that out and raising your effective DPS by a huge amount

Edited by AKfourtyseven

You are aware of the fact that Death Field/Force in Balance have nearly the same base damage as Thundering Blast/Turbulence while also being instant, AoE and self healing?

I mean I am a full TK player too but I do realize when I see superior talents. TB/Turb need at least a 3.5 second preparation time (DoT 1.5 sec GCD-> 2 sec cast) while FiB/DF is instant.

Exactly.

Its a horrible 31pt skill when you consider what you can get lower down our trees. Why would you ever cast it when you could drop a chain lightning or deathfield and hit everyone for the same damage but instantly?

Bud, same thing on the other side. All is see on the republic side is Commando Troopers and Sage's. I have seen some matches where there are 6 sages or 6 Commando troopers. Everyone has and does FOTM. [i have a commando too btw], but 2 of my 50's are empire.

Ofcause, until Bioware stops being lazy and fixes the migitation mechanics they so obviously keep dodging all the time, its obviously gonna be more benificial to be a range class, hence its logical that most would prefer going with a bounter/trooper or sage/sorcerer, or a stealther which has a easier time zoning opponents without getting melted in 2-4secs.

Exactly.

Its a horrible 31pt skill when you consider what you can get lower down our trees. Why would you ever cast it when you could drop a chain lightning or deathfield and hit everyone for the same damage but instantly?

I like the animation though. :p

Most people play ranged classes because melee classes are too difficult to manage in pvp--period! The solution is very simple--fix this and everything will eventually balance out. For example: I spend far too much time watching my hotbar for dps cd's while playing my JK/Warrior class instead of following the game-play which makes perusing a target quite a challenge in a hectic pvp situation. So if Bioware thins out the ability bloat with the JK/Warrior class more people will play them because they will be more enjoyable to play--just simple common sense without the knee jerk and childish "just nerf it" whine. Edited by SwordofSodan

Why dont OP changes topic to "sorcs+SAGES"? because as an imperial player, sages are overplayed by pubs also

I had more than enough WZs with me being the only Sage but seeing tons of Commandos/Vanguards, Sentinels/Guardians and Shadows.

The only classes wich are underplayed for real is Smuggler/IA for reasons I do not understand. I have a blast on my Sniper and my Sawbones.

Nobody is buying that playing a sorc efficiently is difficult. It's dead simple, the simplest class to play in pvp.

You also don't understand mercs. True 'tracer spam' just drains your ammo, it's very inefficient, and it's not how most mercs play (because it's the wrong way to play).

I was going to go into some lengthy detail as to why I think that your an idiot and should be ignored, but then decided that it would just be waist of time for reasons that you probably wouldn't understand anyway. Edited by SwordofSodan

I had more than enough WZs with me being the only Sage but seeing tons of Commandos/Vanguards, Sentinels/Guardians and Shadows.

The only classes wich are underplayed for real is Smuggler/IA for reasons I do not understand. I have a blast on my Sniper and my Sawbones.

Doesnt sound like my server. Every single Rep team has 2 Sages, 1 will always, always be a healer and normally 2 of them are. Then you will get the 2-3 Commandos/Vanguards and the JK guarding.

DPS Sorc is the most played on Emp side, but healer Sage are in every single Rep team (and when they hit Ilum, its healtastic- if population was equal, they would win all the time due to high volume of healers).