Not an MMO?

Fomby

It's poor design and social engineering on BW's behalf.

I disagree. It is a great design that caters to a large niche in the market.

They will never be able to "force" me to group. I just won't unless I am in the mood, have the time, the planets are aligned, and you actually sent me a polite tell with actual texts asking me.

There are many many many people just like me out there.

Some of you look at it wrong and think this game prevents people from grouping.

The players do not want to group and this game caters to that mindset.

Like it or not, agree or not, its a fact.

If you want to play a game that has forced groupings, there are many out there I would think...but thank God this is not one of them.

Moral: You cannot make people group who do not want to group.

Edited by Saurakk

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I saw someone walk over to look at the droid for a bit so I shot them an invite and jumped in front of them for a while. The promptly declined.

This is just a guess, but I'd say improving your presentation might help.

I wanted to post one of those smart assed "In B4 someone blames WoW" shots but it seems someone has already blamed WoW. Poor WoW, responsible for every other game's shortcomings.

I find it amusing honestly. Everything WoW has this game doesn't is proof that WoW is superior and this game is a failure.

Everything this game does wrong is WoWs fault.

Simple answer, people want to trat the game like wow. If they dont have a system where they can click a button, be ported, and go half afk through the quest/FP then they arent interested.

It's 100% a player problem and not a game problem. Unfortunately it's not likely to ever change.

thats a crock if ever heard it. games like EQ 1 that had zero community tools other then chat thrived with groups. it was directly related to the content being designed with grouping in mind. If swtor content required you group to lvl or accomplish quests people would be grouping with out a doubt. If wow required grouping like it did in vanilla people would be grouping , currently every MMO goes for ease of access to content , like we are stupid children. MMO'rs have evolved we play what content they create its not a player problem its adesign problem dont blame the players we did not make this game 90% solo.

I disagree. It is a great design that caters to a large niche in the market.

They will never be able to "force" me to group. I just won't unless I am in the mood, have the time, the planets are aligned, and you actually sent me a polite tell with actual texts asking me.

There are many many many people just like me out there.

Some of you look at it wrong and think this game prevents people from grouping.

The players do not want to group and this game caters to that mindset.

Like it or not, agree or not, its a fact.

If you want to play a game that has forced groupings, there are many out there I would think...but thank God this is not one of them.

Moral: You cannot make people group who do not want to group.

I'm speaking of "Summoning Stones" and a "LFD" tool. Right now, BW has a poorly designed system. If you don't want to use LFD... then you don't have to do so.

Edited by Sizzurps

Why waste time with a heroic on a starter planet? Seriously? Why?

I say this for all the heroic quests and all flashpoints. There's simply no reason for me to get a group together, wait on people to get to the area to do the quest, which takes too long, people wasting my playtime I will always avoid. The reward for doing the heroics is not enough to outweigh the time wasted to do them.

After my first 50, I now just do my class quests and warzones. I don't group with anyone but my husband and guildmates. It's much funner and I don't have to do the quest grind to 50. It's slower but funner, I'm glad we have the choice.

Edited by Tiam

thats a crock if ever heard it. games like EQ 1 that had zero community tools other then chat thrived with groups. it was directly related to the content being designed with grouping in mind. If swtor content required you group to lvl or accomplish quests people would be grouping with out a doubt. If wow required grouping like it did in vanilla people would be grouping , currently every MMO goes for ease of access to content , like we are stupid children. MMO'rs have evolved we play what content they create its not a player problem its adesign problem dont blame the players we did not make this game 90% solo.

There are quests that require grouping, they are called heroics. The game is only 90% solo if you solo 90% of it. You can group to level through the entire game and nothing is stopping you. The game was designed so if you wanted to play solo you could or of you wanted to group you could. People say they need incentive to group, there is incentive, the fun you get from being in a group. If you don't find it fun, you don't have to. Anyone who feels this is a single player game has no one to blame but themselves for playing it that way.

I think BW did it write...they give you options. I love the challenge of the heroics and flashpoints and so I have done them many times. My trooper is the one that is finding every datacron and doing every quest. I usually do heroics and flashpoints with my guild. However, if there is no one on at my level...I have joined or started PUGs and you know what? They've all been just fine. I've never had to wait more then 5 minutes to find someone who was interested...even on Republic side. Maybe it's all in the presentation?

thats a crock if ever heard it. games like EQ 1 that had zero community tools other then chat thrived with groups. it was directly related to the complete absence of alternatives. If swtor content required you group to lvl or accomplish quests people would be cancelling subscriptions in favor of games that catered to their desires without a doubt. If wow required grouping like it did in vanilla people would be playing other games , currently every MMO goes for subscriptions ,

Fixed that for you.

BTW, EQ1 is still there for you if you want that experience.

Edited by VorpalK

It is rather unfortunate that this happens so often. At the begging I would be able to get a group together no problem. Now, I have to usually wait for a good 30 or so minutes to find enough people to actually complete the heroics.

As of right now, I've stopped doing a lot of heroics because of it.

It is rather unfortunate that this happens so often. At the begging I would be able to get a group together no problem. Now, I have to usually wait for a good 30 or so minutes to find enough people to actually complete the heroics.

As of right now, I've stopped doing a lot of heroics because of it.

So you have to wait 30mins, not a big deal. Just continue questing till your group forms. It's not like any planet takes 30 mins to complete and you will be gone by the time the group forms. Are people really this impatient?

I think it's because there isn't really any point for a player to bother with those heroic quests.

You can glaze over them and not miss out on anything really.

The only time I ever bother is if I am right next door to the quest area, or I notice someone say "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE GROUP WITH ME"

I'm speaking of "Summoning Stones" and a "LFD" tool. Right now, BW has a poorly designed system. If you don't want to use LFD... then you don't have to do so.

NO.

The OP already proved this. When you give people the option of an easy mode they take it, and it kills the more socially rewarding option in the game. The reason EQ grouping worked is that it was mandatory... yet BW makes grouping mandatory for HM Flashpoints and people whine that it is too hard to make a group.

Can you imagine how much they would whine if you could not level at all without a group?

Simple answer, people want to trat the game like wow. If they dont have a system where they can click a button, be ported, and go half afk through the quest/FP then they arent interested.

It's 100% a player problem and not a game problem. Unfortunately it's not likely to ever change.

Games have to adapt to the way players want to play not the other way around. There is no such thing a player problem.

This times 100!!!

This game has more reasons to group than any other MMO I can think of while questing, be it heroics for neat Customizable Orange Gear, Social points etc. It's sad how lazy the MMO community has gotten because of World of Warcraft. Because I really would love to see this game get more social but it's entirely the communities fault.

So i have never really played MMO's much. I watched my brother waste a lot of time playing WoW. Over the last couple years due to some life situations, my time has opened up for me to finally "dance with the Devil" so to speak.

Playing this game thus far, has been a lot of fun. I've rarely had trouble grouping. I've done all the heroics I've come across. A few solo and the others by either PUG or with a couple real life friends. I've done a lot of grouping actually. Not sure what the problem is...

Seems like there is already a loud group of nay-sayers for this game trolling the forums. I just never understood if people don't like a product, why they continue to play it or interact with people who do. Please.. just quietly go away.

Have yet to come across a Heroic 2+ that could not be soloed when I got it. The tython one was a joke.

Heroic 4s just are not worth the time required to form a group. Better off continueing to quest/level.

Edited by Draylore

I find the whole system is terrible for LFG.... it's all just a bunch of spammers who copy paste their LFG message and spam it adnausium every 30 seconds.... as if just annoying the piss out of me will get me to group with you... meat head.

While I would actually love to go more content, I just have zero interest in the way they have it set up currently. I don't find it necessary for me to annoy my entire zone through this process... and the tools set aside for the game don't work since no one bothers to use them.

So I'll wait until a better LFG system comes out. And if that doesn't come out before I un-sub? Oh well. Bioware loss. Call me a lazy gamer all you like... but I have enough stress in my IRL that I don't need to log into a game to FIGHT to get a group... I want to log in... decide if I feel like: questing, PVE or PVP and then just continue to my activity with the least amount of stress and the max amount of fun.

Even free to play games have a LFG tool. Think about that. You may not like it.... but how much to you truly love spamming and spammers?

Edited by FadeXF

fact : people only want to group up when they realise they cant do it for themselves and they want X or Y really bad. then suddenly they have all the time in the world to find a group, wait for others, etc...

Its not the game, its human behaviour.

I like swtor gives all options. you can solo, you can group, you can pvp, you can grind from fp to fp, everything you like is an option. Whats not to like really? should they give 100 X more credits if you are playing in a group?

What happens now for example ... ? I ask LFG BT HM... people join in a reasonable time period. We join up, rush thru the content, and at the end we are like : thx for group , bye!

If I ask to the others : hey guys, maybe interested in X or Y ? they leave even faster without replying. But 10 min later you see them asking : LFG X or Y ... .

really... human behaviour, nothing more , nothing less! And no game could change human behaviour.

Have yet to come across a Heroic 2+ that could not be soloed when I got it. The tython one was a joke.

Heroic 4s just are not worth the time required to form a group. Better off continueing to quest/level.

I bet your death count is astronomical.

;)