Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

BadgerFett

Seriously? Sorcs blow... Not even 2 of them can kill me in under 2 minutes... Which happens a lot, they really try to single out bh mercs. I have turned around and killed 2 sith sorcs who are full dps spec....

Heres what you do.

I am a fully speced bh merc, I can get my dmg reduction up to 78% for 12 seconds

This is with my 25% shield, 4% from skill tree, 3% from my heal, 10% from my supercharged gas, then my adrenal gives 1750 armor for 15s(about 8% armor) my default is 33.4% dmg reduction.

I also activate my relic to boost to 15% defense, I have a kolto shell on me that heals for 330-700 every 3 seconds, another heal over time for 220-400 hp every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. Med pac heals 3500-4500, instant heal for 1900-2100(crits for 3200-4600 ish).

And your complaining about a whimpy sith sorc, with 20% dmg reduction and and horrible heals?

Boy, you must still not know....

BH merc healers and commandos healers run ****. Operatives/sithassassins or any invisible class cannot ever beat me in a 1 v 1 duel EVER

NO class can beat a good bh merc/commando EVER

I duel people all the time just to see if I will lose.

Only one person ever beat me, Agust(operative with full battlemaster/rakata, I only have full champ/tionese)

Edited by Brad_Pitt

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time maybe. This only works if you catch a sorc who's already blown a lot of cooldowns and doesn't have a bubble to cast straight away.

It's amazing the amount of people saying Sorc/Sage isn't OP. They are just way too versatile of a class, and pretty damn good with that versatility. I mean, giving them a 30 meter stun was also pretty ridiculous.

Say that to Kiss on my server. He's regularly handing my own buttcheeks to me. In pretty much 4-5 GCD's, still.

Trooper/Bounty Hunters have a 30m stun as well. One AC has pulls, a charge if spec:ed. They have taunts, "constant" slow, damage reduction (on very low cd:s if spec:ed), immunity to snares/physics/knockback if spec:ed, access to 4-sec interrupt etc..

The other has heals, knockbacks, damage reduction, extra "constant" damage reduction if spec:ed, immunity to interrupts if spec:ed, crowd-control etc..

Not to mention both of them looks ******!

I mean, you're acting like Sorcerers/Sages are the only class with a lot of utility?

...and yet, ya never met a Trooper, standing still, spanning one skill, doing tons of dmg while 3 sorcs are desperately trying to take him down, while those sorcs are doing dmg in the teens? Edited by Scav

Seems to be the flavor of the month.......lol. I have one not yet 50 )he is 42) but yes they are nice in pvp. Unfortunately its not the class I would prefer to play to win. I love my jugg and too bad hes not better in pvp because I just feel that a jugg should be more powerful than he is. Oh well...........someone at bioware must of love sorcs lol . Actually sorcs are pretty sweet especially in huttball but 1v1 kind of sucks but when you team them up and have a group of sorcs and assassins then its a whole different story. your pretty much screwed. Edited by Darthmoriquendi

Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You.

Your words are feeble and twisted like an old woman.

Seems to be the flavor of the month.......lol. I have one not yet 50 )he is 42) but yes they are nice in pvp. Unfortunately its not the class I would prefer to play to win. I love my jugg and too bad hes not better in pvp because I just feel that a jugg should be more powerful than he is. Oh well...........someone at bioware must of love sorcs lol

Stick with Jugg- seriously.

My first 50 was a Sorc and now i dont even bother logging it to try get BM gear, i have infinitely more fun on my Jugg and i top WZ's just the same (but with different finishing stats obv).

Jugg is very very powerful in PvP but you have to play it differently and invest some time into learning your skills and developing your playstyle. Sorc develops much earlier and is easier to manage.

I have been saying this for over a month now and i'll keep saying it:

All it would take to sort out Sorc is a shifting of certain skills within the various trees. Source is not overpowered, it just has all of its best abilities lower down the trees which means you can stack most of them into any hybrid build.

Ask people how many times they have even seen a Thunderous Blast in PvP, then tell me im wrong...

Edited by AKfourtyseven

The pattern I mentioned earlier appears to be talking shape in WZs...can anyone see what it is?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Squatdog/swtor6-1.jpg

Helpful hint: Literally EVERY player in that Huttball match is either Sorc or BH, apart from myself.

Maybe it is different from server to server. On my server I see pretty much nothing but Jedi Knights and Consulars and their counterparts. Key word seem to be Lightsaber.

I can't blame them. I've tried the other classes but there's just something special about that lightsaber.. Wooom. Wooom..

It IS as Star Wars game after all!

FOTM Sorcs are yum! They tend to be of the clueless slightly retarded kind of PvPers. Even I can kill them, and I'm a healer. I much rather have them as Sorcs than BH tbh.

I see Turbulence all the time. On my Sage. ;)

:p

No but seriously, there is a fundamental issue with the Sorc trees (i cant speak about the mirror because i havent played it).

Lightning is the primary method of attack for the Sorc tree in DPS mode, yet if you spend 31pts in that tree you significantly gimp your ability to deal DPS not just overall, but with force lightning?

Poor design.

It made me sad how much my DPS output rose when i finally gave up on 31pt lightning and dropped to forked lightning + wrath. I hope the devs do something about the skill placement and frontloaded power balance within Sorc trees rather than an outright nerf to the overall class.

Edited by AKfourtyseven

I don't mind Sorcs, or even Tracer Missile spamming BHs.

I do mind them whenever there's 4 of each in a single game.

I find it amusing people mock Mercs for spamming Tracer Missiles and yet the same can be said but isn't said about Sorcs faceroll spamming Force Lightning...

:p

No but seriously, there is a fundamental issue with the Sorc trees (i cant speak about the mirror because i havent played it).

Lightning is the primary method of attack for the Sorc tree in DPS mode, yet if you spend 31pts in that tree you significantly gimp your ability to deal DPS not just overall, but with force lightning?

Poor design.

It made me sad how much my DPS output rose when i finally gave up on 31pt lightning and dropped to forked lightning + wrath. I hope the devs do something about the skill placement and frontloaded power balance within Sorc trees rather than an outright nerf to the overall class.

All they need to do is letting Reverbation/Reverabting Force to affect Project and/or Disturbance as well, upping the damage on Thundering Blast/Turbulence at least enough that it is the highest DPS spell you can get and maybe move Kinetic Collapse to second last tier and make Reverbation/Reverbating Force a 3 point talent.

Or instead of Kinetic Collapse/Backlash they could move Force Wake/Electric Bindimgs up there.

All problems solved.

Oh and by the way TK Momentum finally works for Sages. :p

I find it amusing people mock Mercs for spamming Tracer Missiles and yet the same can be said but isn't said about Sorcs faceroll spamming Force Lightning...

I have seen the complaint about spamming Force Lightning several times so you are not quite correct.

Edited by Vales

Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You.

Sorcerers are fun to play. How hard is that to understand? Most of them have alts they also probably enjoy playing.

Interesting.

I see pub teams stacked with healers/grav spammers, far more often than I see sorc stacked teams.

So here are my choices.

1) I can play a tracer spam character. (much like your grav spammers.) fun fun fun. That takes really skill. Just one button your way to success.

2) Ooo. I could make a juggernaut whos one trick is slam. 9k damage to everything in sight, as a pbaoe. Another one button my way to success.

3) Or I could choose the class that was nerfed into next week, so I could be an underperforming healer, or subpar dps, and an intelligence check on the rest of humanity.

I think a better question you could have asked is...

Hey BIOWARE, when you going to get around to fixing some of this so other classes are actually fun to play?

besides the many reasons already mentioned why sorcs are insanely good, the main reason for me is their resource mechanic.

Take BHs and especially snipers for a comparision: they go all out - and gets punished for it. In case of the sniper the punishment (very slow energy regeneration, the lower the energy level) that he is sometimes better of if he dies.

Now, what happens to a sorc if he goes all out? Nothing. Actually I cannot remember having seen a sorc run out of force.

This forgiving energy mechanic plus the sick cc and utility makes the sorcs next to idiot-proof to play.

This.

THis is an extremely important point that alot of people seem to miss.

Tracer missile is a powerful ability. You can cast it three times.

I realise it is hard to do, but since the resource mechanic is so different between the classes, the class that starts with 100% resource and works its way down to zero (and has a poor regen mechanic in combat) needs to be balanced by its Cooldowns.

2 Abilities can share a CD, for example, and make the COoldown shorter.

If you have 2 abilities on a 45 sec timer, you can chain them. Bubble sprint.

If both are on the same shared 30 sec CD, you need to choose.

WHat I think this game doesnt have is a bit of the old "Hybrid tax". If one class speccs into healing - Give great healing. If you specc into healing/dps, you either need to put the real carrot talents up top or demand 31 points in one tree before you can start filling another. Putting awesome-talents around 20 doesnt work. Playstyle me all you want, but this is too much of a kick in the nuts for those few pure class classes.

Right now, A Sorc/Sage is very powerful if he blows all his CDs and bursts someone down/uses his resources in Huttbal for example. If 1 team plays well, gets the ball and has 3 well played sorcs/sages (And it really isnt that hard..) they can score in what 12 seconds?

I play Commando healer and Sentinel. As a Commando Medic, it is extremely frustrating to see Sages/sorcs do 150% of my healing and 200% of my damage done. That is not unusual. And I AM actually a skilled healer.

As a Sentinel, I dont see Sorcs/sage as hilariously OP in 1v1, but if I dont have my CDs Im toast. Fast. Which is fine. Sentinel is supposed to be a glass cannon. I do think Sorcs/sage has a bit too many tools when you ADD the stupid amount of healing/damage resources.

COmmando - No interrupt, No sprint or Pull.

Sentinel - No knockback - Puny Sprint - No pull/sprint - No option to specc into healing...

it actually takes a lot of skill to play a sorc well. a good sorc doesnt just derp and get top on everything so stop talking out your backside. Seems to bee too much of this "sorcs are so easy to win with" mentality by people who have never played them or people who allow them to stand and freecast all game then cry when they top damage from free spam aoeing all game.

game most imbalaned? your completely clueless then. you clearly havnt played any other mmo in your life.

Imbalanced against melee? stop being bad and go watch some GOOD melee dps players rip **** up.

lets put 3 sorcs vs 3 marauders in a pit and see who wins. i can guarantee it wont be the sorc

OFC leveling pvp with a ranged dps is is easier. youve gone form a class designed to tank to a class built around utility. *** did you expect to happen?

thats like saying i used to play a rogue in wow.. then i played a shadow priest and it was much easyer.

maybee you should stop being bad before posting crap.

and DO WE REALLY NEED YET ANOTHER BLODY THREAD ON THIS! there is already about 4000 of them post in one of them already and stop filling the screen with pointless qq

I roll a lvl 50 BM Marauder with almost full bm gear. Besides the healing aspects of a good geared sorc. i just demolish them in lvl 50 pvp. the dps ones are actually kind of weak and i believe they need to be buffed. the ones that heal on the other hand. it takes a loooooong time to down them if they are geared. sorcs in lvl 10-49 pvp are pretty powerful. in numbers. i also have a really super geared merc in mostly epics and i will devistate a sorc any day 1 vs 1. thier bubble is a joke because one tracer round will eat that. then just unload. stun. spam tracer. heat seeking missles. they are sprinting from me not towards me. i have been in a wz with 5 bhs on my team and we ended up spawn camping them because you dont want to face bhs vs sorcs. . anyways. get gear and learn your class. thats what pvp is for imo. if yer still upset. roll a sorc then.

it actually takes a lot of skill to play a sorc well. a good sorc doesnt just derp and get top on everything so stop talking out your backside. Seems to bee too much of this "sorcs are so easy to win with" mentality by people who have never played them or people who allow them to stand and freecast all game then cry when they top damage from free spam aoeing all game.

game most imbalaned? your completely clueless then. you clearly havnt played any other mmo in your life.

Imbalanced against melee? stop being bad and go watch some GOOD melee dps players rip **** up.

lets put 3 sorcs vs 3 marauders in a pit and see who wins. i can guarantee it wont be the sorc

OFC leveling pvp with a ranged dps is is easier. youve gone form a class designed to tank to a class built around utility. *** did you expect to happen?

thats like saying i used to play a rogue in wow.. then i played a shadow priest and it was much easyer.

maybee you should stop being bad before posting crap.

and DO WE REALLY NEED YET ANOTHER BLODY THREAD ON THIS! there is already about 4000 of them post in one of them already and stop filling the screen with pointless qq

I roll a lvl 50 BM Marauder with almost full bm gear. Besides the healing aspects of a good geared sorc. i just demolish them in lvl 50 pvp. the dps ones are actually kind of weak and i believe they need to be buffed. the ones that heal on the other hand. it takes a loooooong time to down them if they are geared. sorcs in lvl 10-49 pvp are pretty powerful. in numbers. i also have a really super geared merc in mostly epics and i will devistate a sorc any day 1 vs 1. thier bubble is a joke because one tracer round will eat that. then just unload. stun. spam tracer. heat seeking missles. they are sprinting from me not towards me. i have been in a wz with 5 bhs on my team and we ended up spawn camping them because you dont want to face bhs vs sorcs. . anyways. get gear and learn your class. thats what pvp is for imo. if yer still upset. roll a sorc then.