Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

For 15 bucks a month, they cry like it is the end of world. I wonder if they go a rampage when the waiter at a restaurant serve their soup at a degree lower than they like? :rolleyes:

Its principle. You pay x amount for x service you expect x back. Level of service in games seem to be dropping and the amount of games which seem to be released before they should seems to be increasing. Personally I think Asia / Australia got the release just at the right time where bugs are being fixed and more content added.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the complainers should all just un-sub and stop posting.

They will and are.

This is why there will be 1/4 of the servers for this game at the end of the year with a great many cluster merges.

Enjoy remaining on the sinking ship.

If people aren't sure about wanting to play at the end of their two month sub, then chances are they shouldn't be resubbing anyways, regardless of when patch 1.2 comes out.

If you're on the fence about the game, the patch will revitalize your interest for a few days before you're right back on the fence.

This, if your not sure about continue to play I don't patch 1.2 is really going to change your mind that much.

They will and are.

This is why there will be 1/4 of the servers for this game at the end of the year with a great many cluster merges.

Thats oki then, the world is gonna end then anyways.

For 15 bucks a month, they cry like it is the end of world. I wonder if they go a rampage when the waiter at a restaurant serve their soup at a degree lower than they like? :rolleyes:

Your right it is only 15.00....I spend more on coffee a week than I do an online game. I always find value in the game as long as I can get enough enjoyment out of it to save 1 movie out. Money actually is not an issue for me, but why play/pay for something that is boring? Re-Roll an alt (story is just as bad as the first one), level up crafting (no point and I have maxed art/arch/th'ing.....I see no reason to even send them on missions or collect anything, crafting is utterly pointless in the game), Get more $? (I have nearly 2million and nothing to even spend it on at this point between my toons) PVP...Which is what I came here for? I'm Valor 62, I'm tired of playing the get BM tokens in a piss poor designed system (I'm actually sick of gear rewards for pvp...the game that makes pvp FUN with a reward system other then gear is going to WIN). I stayed longer then my friends because I wanted to finish the story (didnt even bother after a while, just got old with the random visits here and here), and I wanted to see the end game PVP (which can be fun, but we have 1 bad bg (hutball) unless your in a pre-made, 1 meh bg that has been done over so many times (capture the node), and 1 good bg that doesnt pop enough to make que'ing worth it. Did I mention my server is also on life support....so que's are in the 15+ min range. Illum is a joke, just play pvB (player vs box), the middle is always camped by 2-3 times the numbers on my side, as they just benny hill song in the background roam around collecting nodes.

Edited by Grometsc

Wow this might work.

I mean you're the first person to ever demand a developer to implement the fixes they want or they are going to lose your 15$ a month.

Not only will they lose your money, but all the money of everyone you know who is going to rage quit, because the developers didn't fix all the things you wanted fixed RIGHT AWAY.

Keeping you around is probably priority #1 for them now.

Your right it is only 15.00....I spend more on coffee a week than I do an online game. I always find value in the game as long as I can get enough enjoyment out of it to save 1 movie out. Money actually is not an issue for me, but why play/pay for something that is boring? Re-Roll an alt (story is just as bad as the first one), level up crafting (no point and I have maxed art/arch/th'ing.....I see no reason to even send them on missions or collect anything, crafting is utterly pointless in the game), Get more $? (I have nearly 2million and nothing to even spend it on at this point between my toons) PVP...Which is what I came here for? I'm Valor 62, I'm tired of playing the get BM tokens in a piss poor designed system (I'm actually sick of gear rewards for pvp...the game that makes pvp FUN with a reward system other then gear is going to WIN). I stayed longer then my friends because I wanted to finish the story (didnt even bother after a while, just got old with the random visits here and here), and I wanted to see the end game PVP (which can be fun, but we have 1 bad bg (hutball) unless your in a pre-made, 1 meh bg that has been done over so many times (capture the node), and 1 good bg that doesnt pop enough to make que'ing worth it. Did I mention my server is also on life support....so que's are in the 15+ min range. Illum is a joke, just play pvB (player vs box), the middle is always camped by 2-3 times the numbers on my side, as they just benny hill song in the background roam around collecting nodes.

amen brother.

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

Let's have a constructive discussion about this.

get over yourself

OP is kinda right on this one. I rather they fix all the little stuff now like action bar delays, U.I., etc. Save 1.2 for new stuff.

Hate to burst your bubbles, but she is 100% right when it comes to getting people to re-sub to a MMO. Once people quit....a lot of them quit for sure. All most people are asking for is communication. By saying nothing a lot of people take it as they don't care or they have no idea how to fix the current problems.

If they follow the Mythic template, 1.2 will over nerf a bunch of stuff, ignore a lot of other stuff, and add more problems with new systems than fixes. It will pretty much kill the game because a lot of the people that stuck around telling everyone that the game will improve will be shattered.

The fact they are focusing in asian tells me they are just trying to milk the game for everything now, they kinda know they can't fix it because they can't afford to add another 300 million dollars in content.

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

Let's have a constructive discussion about this.

Two months of cash? You mean the price of a pizza and a beer for you and your boyfriend? A month worth of entertainment for the price of a one hour meal? ;p

Sorry, could not resist. ;p

Certainly there is always a need to add content to a MMORPG. I won't argue that. However, in the first few months it is usually a mass of fixes. That is the norm.

The content will come. It always does. It is a basic of the genre. If some people leave, they will be right back here with the next new patch and the next new end game dungeon, so canceling for a month is not worth the time to do for me as even if I did get bored, I would work on my alts so that I would have them ready for release also. I would also like to have the game available so that I can just log on if I felt the desire without worrying about re-initializing my account.

Contrary to what many of the complainers are arguing, this game has great potential. For the cost, I don't see any sense in quitting when we know for a fact that content is on the way as much as we know that green light will turn red, then back to green.

People that leave a new MMORPG because there is not full content yet are either being foolish, or have no understanding of the genre.

Originally Posted by Slytherx

They will and are.

Hey, I know this guy. He posted the same exact thing on the Wow boards a month after that release also. ;p

Hey, I know this guy. He posted the same exact thing on the Wow boards a month after that release also. ;p

I seriously doubt that.....

WOW launched with 40 servers

During launch week, they rolled out 40 more servers to make that number 80.

Then SLOWLY they increased number of servers as the population stablized

That number is around 250

SWTOR

Puts 124 on open'ing weekend..and sets cap low (since everyone stats the reason no que, and no more heavy is because cap was raised lol)

They should've started with 40...did a better rollout and people understand the ques. Sure its annoying, but I remember getting into WOW with 2 hour ques! Did I stick around....Sure did, it was a fun game to level in the first time around. They need to cut the number of servers in half to save the game, but alot will not come back.

Edited by Grometsc

If people aren't sure about wanting to play at the end of their two month sub, then chances are they shouldn't be resubbing anyways, regardless of when patch 1.2 comes out.

If you're on the fence about the game, the patch will revitalize your interest for a few days before you're right back on the fence.

This^^^ 80 % guild subs down, waiting game for them, Will they come back, depends if something better out,

will i come back, 50 /50 Sort fps out, then get loads of cheating, Its hard for me to report.?

<rolleyes> I am sure another MMO will be ready for in this time period with awesome gameplay and story line.

What kind of constructive comments sould there be to this stuff. Releasing content too soon will only add more bugs.

...No matter how Bio releases patches or new content it comes with a host of new problems...

To the OP:

This is how Bio does business. They can't or won't change their rhythm because of complaints coming from the customer base.

Two months of this same treatment should be enough evidence to prove that is the case

Bio never communicated with it's customers (or so little it's comical), does not address the issues in game by communicating what it is doing to solve these issues and won't acknowledge your complaints.

If you don't agree with bios business model, I'm afraid there isn't anything you can do other than leave to find something else.

For me ,my sub runs out tomorrow but I have not played this game in over 3 weeks and I don't miss it

Edited by GothicSaint

I keep seeing people talk about Patch 1.2 but I cant find any information about it.

Ive checked Dev Tracker and the Test forum.

Are there 1.2 Patch notes posted somewhere? And if so, could someone please post a link for me?

I would apreciate it.

Thanks in advance :)

SWTOR

Puts 124 on open'ing weekend..and sets cap low (since everyone stats the reason no que, and no more heavy is because cap was raised lol)

They should've started with 40...did a better rollout and people understand the ques. Sure its annoying, but I remember getting into WOW with 2 hour ques! Did I stick around....Sure did, it was a fun game to level in the first time around. They need to cut the number of servers in half to save the game, but alot will not come back.

WoW launched with more like 14-16 servers or something with the option to expand that number if demand was high enough. They added more servers pretty soon...possibly the first day once they all got crammed, maybe they went up to 40? I really have no idea. But I remember the pre launch server list being incredibly short. Less than 20 for sure, more than 10. I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid it all was. They seriously underestimated interest, (or so they claimed), yet there were gigantic piles of the games at the stores, so....I dunno. I almost think they did the limited server launch just to build hype.

SWTOR

i do not think that fix the current issues thought. server be pack up wih long que. they open new servers. still gotten to the 100 servers let say. now poeple do not sub or drop subs. still going to have alot of servers drop form full/heavy to heavy/standard.

Well I think 1.2 will do nothing. Its not going to change how many are playing in your zone. That 20-150 will be the same, the zone will still be dead with NPC's just standing.

Oh World of Warcraft had 20 servers at launch. But lets remember that was what 2004? Good bad launch really means nothing. Its what the DEV's did that matters. And come 1.2 will show us the path SWTOR is taking. But what it looks like now and from what they have said.. just to brake even they will be happy. That is not a good start.

For me evey MMO that you felt like no one was there listening to you has never done good. Customer Service? As of NOW has is it? This should have been the 1st thing fixed at day one. If you FEEL they care most tend to hang in...

But its still only the 2nd month and if they do this right then can really get this going!

i do not think that fix the current issues thought. server be pack up wih long que. they open new servers. still gotten to the 100 servers let say. now poeple do not sub or drop subs. still going to have alot of servers drop form full/heavy to heavy/standard.

It doesnt fix major issues correct...but what it would fix are some simple issues people have left for...CANT FIND PEOPLE TO DO ANY HM with. Yes I know, having more people available to get things done would be bad.

Que's should not be required to double my servers nightly population of 600. Thats how many are playing on SAP, I have toons on both sides. Just do a /who 1-20 , 20-40, 40-49 and then 50. The pop is hte in the 600-700's for average, the rating for this server is a 1.51 (can you imagine the pop of the servers that are 1.0 and less?) We can talk about SUBS and all this other stuff, but 700 is not enough to sustain a massive world w/o doing something. I'm certain people left because of the fact they could not do things to progress, just go to a leveling zone and see how many spam's you see of people looking for help doing the H2-H4's and FP's (hard to fill groups).....Bio spread the population too much with low pop cap on servers and then made a massive world.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.