"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Verill

As long as they don't "fix" tab targeting the same way the "fixed" the GCD lightshow.

No seriously, Tab targeting is so bad, probably the worst I've ever seen. Definitely bottom three if not the worst outright. FF11 was bad too but that was designed with consoles in mind and nowhere near as fast paced with movement, so it wasn't as important as in this game.

WoW and Rift are similar style MMOs and both have VASTLY superior Tab Targeting.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed.

Lost a huttball game yesterday because I had to pull off a split-second target and Force Leap in order to kill a low-health carrier that was mere meters from our goal line.

The carrier was the only enemy target on my screen.

I pressed Tab and immediately hit my Force leap.

I ended up targetting some imperial 30 meters away OFF MY SCREEN and went in completely the wrong direction.

It's bad. Fix it.

/signed

Tab targetting is horrible. I'll have 4 targets visible on my screen. I want to target the one with the lowest health. I can tab about 8 times and it will cycle through the other three targets multiple times before...if ever...targeting what I want.

I usually mouse target but that is also very hard to do sometimes, especially in PvP.

This wouldn't be the issue it is if click targetting a scrum pile was reliable. Which is why I as a healer try and get close to other people. The only people you can target easily with 100% control are those by themselves.

I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if someone else mentioned this.

Tab targets aren't random. I don't know how it DOES choose but if you notice, it only picks people currently on your screen.

Not true I've had it target players not in my current screen plenty.

Very aggrivating to see only one person low on health a bit off in the distance and hit tab then charge assuming he's the ONLY possible target because he's the only one I can see. Then to have it charge sideways to someone I couldn't even see on my screen... I say again VERY AGGRIVATING! Needs a bit of tuning to ensure they're actually in your current viewpoint.

Signed, sick of looking at 3 enemies by a voidstar door i need to dot but it cycles betweeen two of them over and over and wont target the one in the middle of them that is a single step farther away from me. And i love tabbing to people on a rafter in huttball 2 stories above me and out of los. Its really really broken compared to the game that will not be named, its night and day pvping on both games when it comes to targeting and especially targeting while kiting.

Why cant i click on their name to target as well as their ridiculous tiny hitboxes? We wouldnt even have to tab if manual targeting was half way decent. Love trying to heal the huttball carrier while deciphering the riddle that is people names in this game, ok so lord darth of the north minetrone babyvendor the hotshot pilot has the ball. Yup sorry dude youre dead, i would have healed you but had no clue who you were in the ops frame.

I wouldn't care if I could target by klicking the enemy on with my mouse ... but most times this doesn't work too :(. I smash and penetrate my left mous button but NOT able to get a focus :/. And as soon as there is anything between my char and my target it's imposible to click this target even if I see the full body of my target.

I play ranged classes in PvP. If some meele jumps me and I try to target him ... I'm more often dead before I finaly managed to tab + click + nearest target focus him.

Over all I have no idear how some meeles (even more the shadows) manage to hit something while sprinting ... stearing and targeting is a pur pain in this game :(.

rebind targiting to mouse wheel and you will have no problems pervioes next shift up nearest shift down target next allie

That's no option as the camera allways zoom in as soon it hit anything but don't zoom out again (BUG which need to be fixed too :mad: ).

Should be no problem to remember player set view distance damit, is it???:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by Jahor

rebind targiting to mouse wheel and you will have no problems pervioes next shift up nearest shift down target next allie

Thats fine if i wanted to play in first person mode everytime i walk near a wall. Sorry too busy mousewheeling out every 5 secs in huttball so i can see what the hell is going on since the camera zooms in and stays zoomed in.

Not true I've had it target players not in my current screen plenty.

Very aggrivating to see only one person low on health a bit off in the distance and hit tab then charge assuming he's the ONLY possible target because he's the only one I can see. Then to have it charge sideways to someone I couldn't even see on my screen... I say again VERY AGGRIVATING! Needs a bit of tuning to ensure they're actually in your current viewpoint.

lmao this

hitting tab with a guy in front of me and force charging to some random I didn't even see on my screen? unbelievable

Edited by HBninjaX