IT'S TIME! Character Transfers (Paid & Non-Paid) ETA & Info Pls

Aussiedroid

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had AU servers open last night for us and would have to say a great success. Good latency etc .. good population. I'm a happy Aussiedroid today LOL

An update was provided today stating late April free char transfers (a lot of people not happy with this after being given the impression of being in early March). Appears this is pushed back due to complexity on legacy points and perhaps some other things (perhaps needing to wait till after 1.2 patch as well??).

The mention of the Legacy points would suggest that these would transfer across once they figure out how its going to happen.

Although not confirmed I would expect the wider transfers probabily wont be far behind aswell.

Sooner the better off course :)

Edited by Aussiedroid

I still think its funny they open the new server then tell you that you're entitled to a free transfer (kudos BW) but then to punish you for thinking that your part of the world was going to miss out on this awesome game , that take 6 weeks to do the transfer.

Many member of my guild made alts on the server and some are now concerned what legacy will coz my issues if that alt gets its legacy before the transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

/support

For whatever reason, many of my irl mates and MMO buddies ended up on the same server. I wound up on a different one and would greatly like to be able to transfer. I'm not interested in pouring myself into two of the same characters on another server.

While I'd prefer a free transfer, I'd be willing to pay a nominal fee to get my toons moved.

/support

For whatever reason, many of my irl mates and MMO buddies ended up on the same server. I wound up on a different one and would greatly like to be able to transfer. I'm not interested in pouring myself into two of the same characters on another server.

While I'd prefer a free transfer, I'd be willing to pay a nominal fee to get my toons moved.

that!

/sign

The game is great and the leveling experience was awesome. Became a big fan of the PvP scene and liked a lot the PvE.

Unfortunately my server population is decreasing to a point where doing any group content is almost impossible.

My sage became my awesome hobby, spreading terror in battlegrounds and healing challengers in HMs. Let him get a new home...

I agree, please allow server transfers. Preferably free, but even for a price it would be worth it if your server starts to die and you do not want to abandon your character you spent so much time on.

I would glady pay to have my characters transferred to another server. Our server pop is not bad and stays at Standard and will got to Heavy at peek times on weekends. But, I want to move to another server to play with my old guild from another game. Will this ever happen or is it just wishful thinking.

/support

I have a level 50 BH on the Lord Ieldis server, I have had since release. This server has dropped in population drastically. There have been times I have noticed the pop on a planet is myself and one or two other people. Even fleet is only at 10 people sometimes it gets up to 30 or so... But this still is not enough to provide the community needed to enjoy the game content. Because of this I have stopped trying to do any Heroics, FP's, or warzones just due to the fact that the wait times are insane! I would really like to transfer this character to another server where I have another higher level character I have been working on. I'm not so worried about transferring the guild with him but that would be nice as well since I did have to pay 5000 credits to establish the guild and credits don't come easy.

I think Server transfers are a Huge deal that desperately need to be addressed by Bioware and not just tucked away with a suggestion to re-roll on another server. Starting over with a re-roll is not an option for me as I would lose all my affection with my companions, all my Crafting and Gathering, not to mention all my other progress on my Character. I also have a guild I started about 2 months ago and can't even get people to join because the pop is so low.

Another issue with transfers are the other Characters I have on this same server. They are lower levels and I am reluctant to play any of them as I don't want to run into the same issues I have on my main. These I would be willing to re-roll on the other server but am just looking for some definitive response to transfers.

Bioware... you have a great thing going here! I haven't enjoyed an MMO like this in a long time. Please don't let something like transfers and Server Populations ruin such a great game!

• 2 weeks later...

I posted about this before (so did many of you), and will keep posting about it. Because I believe the more they see about it, the more seriously they're going to take this request.

I do think the AUS server transfer was a try out to see how caracter transfer goes. So this is a good sign, and as any good MMORPG, we should be able to switch server to meet up with friends who created a caracter somewhere else.. (my case), and to have another chance to do FP... Heroics and WZ... How many hours did I spent trying to do Foundry... Countless!!! Now I have the quest for all those following FP but im not even gonna try to form a party.. It's a waste of time on my server... Population too low. Heck! When I was finally on my way to Taris, I got all excited.. Always had something for this planet... Only to realize that I was alone on it for hours...

I might not be 50 yet... But I stillvlove my Bounty Hunter nonetheless and I wish I could carry him around to that other server which is way more populated and full of people willing to help and do quests.

THAT BEING SAID... I really don't think server transfer should be free... Maybe the first transfer if they feel nice.. But the last thing we want is people to change server every now and then just because they can. I think putting a low price would avoid stress on the service and keep people from over doing it.

But this needs to be done asap... As people are losing interest in playing when there's no one to play with...

I have faith in Bioware, and I believe this is gonna happen (Mind over Matter;)) and I am just plain optimistic but we still gotta show them that we are serious about it. :]

• 2 weeks later...

Many of us did not know the Legacy upgrade was coming or that it would be server specific.

Some of us have friends on different servers and would like to move if our guild out or people that started the game with us in December have become disinterested or crapped out.

I'd be glad to pay a fee.

I'd be willing to give up the lower level legacy on one of the 2 servers

Just want to take the toon I spent months leveling to the server where all my online friends now reside

Many of us have already rerolled lower level characters on another server and are busy leveling them. We'd just rather transfer our 50's than have to spend time leveling up the same character again.

I can wait, as I have plenty of other toons to level, and have the name reserved, but having an ETA on character transfers would help me to know whether I should focus on leveling one alt to 50 in order to join my guild on raids, or whether to just wait to transfer my 50 and enjoy leveling different alts at my pace.

I agree - we should be able to transfer any character to any server.

I started off-faction characters on a seperate server so I'd have some real estate on character slots. Now with the advent of 1.2 and hints that some missions in the future will require you to have characters on both factions to level 50, I've started versions of those off-faction characters over on my main server.

If you had been up front with this idea of multiple faction missions or that you were going to allow us to mail back and forth between characters of different factions on the same server, I wouldn't have wasted my time on a second server. In fact there was a discussion in my group of friends as to how we were going to approach this. That information would have been valuable from the get go.

Edited by Corlantis

definitely agree.

Also for clowns like me who did not read about characters made after 28th feb not being eligible for transfer.

I'd much rather pay some money to transfer it anyway, than start it again from scratch.