IT'S TIME! Character Transfers (Paid & Non-Paid) ETA & Info Pls

Aussiedroid

Found this from previous Q&A:

Shotgun-clavy: When are character transfers going to become available? And are server transfers a real possibility?

Daniel Erickson: Character transfers between servers are definitely going to be available in the future and we’ll announce details as soon as we have firm dates.

Good news ... but can we get some idea on the timeframe please Bioware??

Please continue to show your support community.

Cheers all!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Support Transfers,,,, i cant even do a herioc or flashpoint anymore and some of the flashpoints are really important to the kotor lore

I really dont wana quit the game but my server on averege has like 6 players in the republic fleet

I have to spam for hours to get anywhere and also the pvp ques are too long

And forget heroics cant do them because every planet ive been to since tatoine is dead like no more than 4 players on each planet

Really wana like your mmo but the lack of other players is killing it for me

Just hit lvl 42 and ive been playin since launch....me and im sure alot of others work to much to be able to just re-roll

...me and im sure alot of others work to much to be able to just re-roll

Just quoted that last bit from your post, as I'm in the same boat more or less, I'd love to re-roll, just do not have the time to do 1-50 all over again right now. the server I play on is pretty much headed to the grave player-base wise so if we don't get a merger or transfer soon, might as well play a single player game.

+1 for character transfers

If I need to reroll lvl 50 to play with friends, I'm unsubscribing :(

i dont have a lvl 50 but my crafting skills and lvl of men meaning more than one ! are basically on a dead server so thats why i asked about this and i am with you guys i dont have the time nor the patience to grind up again, especially when crafting takes so long as it is !!!

Agreed.

I made a bh on a server other than the one my other characters were on. This is my first mmo and i didnt realize the benefits of having your characters on one server, I just saw that i sometimes had a wait time on my first server. Now it turns out my bh is my favorite one to play and im on an unpopulated server with none of my other characters :(

i was hoping i would be able to transfer march 1st, along with au, but it looks like thats not happening....

Yeah it's pretty lame when you're stuck with only about 4 other people on a planet that either are too far above or below you on level or simply wan't to play solo.

Also why don't my characters share the same friends? Or maybe there's just something I have failed to grasp,

Not gonna pay $15 a month to play the game by myself.

Edited by xGuardian

Well servers for AU go live tonight with emails for transfers to be sent next week.

Guess my pleas for more info are not important enough for a response despite the 100,000s of views across the threads raised around this topic and so many people wanting this.

Can say I didnt try ... looks like my friends and characters will remain in EU regrettably till the time they open server transfers to all.

Thanks everyone for their support.

I do live in South korea and Aus. have similar time to us , and i hear ppl who choose them location to HK, Singapore, and Australia will receive emails to tell how to transfer the chars.

But how about people in Japan and south Korea and all countries have similar time , how they will move? or can they move?

Chill out on requesting paid transfers they are comming. Think of it like this: The demands you are making can easily be boiled down to: Bioware, please give me more ways to give you more of my money. Everything is going according to plan, Bioware needs to see how faction balances and server loads are going to work and they cant get valuable stats on that if people are flying around different servers. At the moment, I suspect this info is more important to their long term goals then making a quick buck today.

FREE Character transfers or bust.

Don't be greedy like Blizzard.

Be like Trion Worlds and give back to the fans who have made you what you are.

My boyfriend is Aus... I'm US, I want to be allowed to xfer as well.

Would love to see a transfer system much like Trion had. I was able to xfer all my characters to a new server free when my guild leader moved the entire guild in a transfer.

Bump

PAY PAY PAY of r transfer, i got American mates happy to come to an Aussie server who won't get a free move due to location but keen to jion us.

BIOWARE THIS WILL = MORE $$$$$ 4 YOU

Actually, balancing the servers and giving us more people to play with will give them more money.

If I have to pay to xfer all my characters to be with my boyfriend, they won't get more money, they'll see me walk as I go back to DDO where I can easily be with him and not have to worry about the issues we've run into here.

I like it more here, but I don't want to have to sit paying 100$+ to get all my characters moved to a new server. No thank you, I'll take that subscription money, and go to a game that appreciates me enough to keep me interested and entertained.

Don't go for the quick buck, go for keeping us playing by not being like blizzard.

I support this as well.

When I first got into the game, during early access, I chose a "standard" population server, wanting to avoid the capacity limit queue times. I thought I was being wise and responsible :) Alas, My server never seemed to increase after that point. Now, it's ghost town with low-level planet populations averaging 10-15 people (High level? haha. I was either alone, or 1 of 3 people on planet.. starting at alderaan) and the fleet hovers between 11, and sometimes up to 35. This means finding Heroic quest groups, FP/OP groups, etc. is nigh impossible. Not to mention, lacking any sort of community (which they're so trying to build/protect, apparently) as there is no one to commune with. (ha)

I rolled a character on two other servers, which were more densely populated (Ajunta pall being "heavy" and Zaalbar dabbling with Standard), but having already leveled 2 characters all the way, and a handful of 20-30s, for a total of 6 characters.. I really don't want to have to endure the process again, especially not for a class I've already played through.

I think server transfers are an absolute necessity, especially for those of us stuck on servers that are light 90% of the time. Perhaps it was a mistake to open so many servers without the player base to adequately populate them - condensing them would be nice, however maybe some don't mind never seeing a group.

I don't even mind losing my legacy name - although, there is no excuse for losing the experience - I am somewhat attached to it, but being able to experience all content is more important. Surely if Blizzard can figure out how to transfer you with all of your items/rep/currencies, in a smooth seamless manner, Bioware should certainly be able to.

Moreover, I don't mind PAYING for it. AT ALL. As the lack of other players severely limits my MMO experience.

Let's put the massively in MMO.

Edited by Nicolettexiv

I would assume at this stage that Legacy points may not transfer, although I am sure I am the same as all players in saying they should.

I see no reason that legacy experience wouldn't transfer, being that standard transfer procedure includes all inventory, currency and experience.

I also believe it would be simple to implement the standard procedure of retaining your name, unless someone already has it, and at that point triggering the renaming of your character(s) in the character login screen. I would imagine it would work similarly for legacy; if your name is taken, it then triggers the legacy naming ui.

Although, considering there aren't even legacy rewards implemented yet...

Found this from previous Q&A:

Shotgun-clavy: When are character transfers going to become available? And are server transfers a real possibility?

Daniel Erickson: Character transfers between servers are definitely going to be available in the future and we’ll announce details as soon as we have firm dates.

Good news ... but can we get some idea on the timeframe please Bioware??

Please continue to show your support community.

Cheers all!

I saw that as well, however they've promised most changes to be "soon". I've been out of the game for over a month, as I am sitting at 50, with no opportunity to do any end game content due to lack of population. Thus, there is absolutely nothing for me to do but craft/sell, which is pointless at this stage. They've focused on adding end game content, yet haven't addressed the problem of those being unable to find groups for said content. In an MMO. (...)

while i agree 100% server transfers are very neccesary, i hope to also see server mergers. Its not just a WANT either, it's soo needed. Let me tell you a story... I'll keep it quick.

I got this game about a week after launch. I picked my server, Thana Vesh, for two reasons. One being i knew ppl on there already. More importantly to me though, the servers population was "Very full" (or heavy, whatever). Already being an MMO player I knew how important server population is. For about 2 - 3 weeks this stayed true, then the server began to decline. Im thinking mostly due to free trial periods ending. At this moment in time, my server that I picked for its HEAVY population is now at LIGHT population almost all the time. It maybe hits medium during peak times. Guild recruiting and getting groups together at this point is PATHETIC. It feels like a ghost town ALL THE TIME. most zones have less than 10 people in them at any given time, even ilum. Only place that isnt true would be the fleet, which cant even seem to top 60 ppl during peak hours most days. Its just pathetic, and starting to not be fun to play anymore.

BIOWARE YOU ARE KILLING YOUR OWN GAME

Transfers would only be one step to fixing this problem. I rarely see people complaining of the opposite, saying their server is too full and it sucks.

So, if you open tranfers thats great! I can get myself to a server with some life on it, but what happens to thana vesh? It will die. Who wants to transfer to a server with no one on it?

You must merge some of your existing servers first and fix this issue. Its not fair to anyone to be stuck on a dying server with your only options to PAY for a tranfer once they are available, or throw away all the work you have put into your character to start over again on a new server. And what guarantee is there that it wont happen again?

Since the launch of this game i have seen a lot of EFFORT on bioware's part to fix technical issues in the game and generally make it a better experience all around. The implementation and actual results may be VERY questionable (not to mention odd priorities), but im not gonna get into all that and bore you. Point being their heart is in the right place. We all want the same thing, for the game to be awsome and succeed. If that happens we all win.

Guess what im saying is BIOWARE!!! DONT BE LIKE A LOT OF OTHER DEVELOPERS OUT THERE! Your customers, who already play this game, we know what we want. All you have to do is listen...

PS. just feel like adding... if it aint broke, dont fix it. perhaps changing CD animations on my buttons feels like an appropriate use of your resources to you, but, as far as im concerned, until i can move said buttons around on my screen and set them up like i want them, any other effort put into them is wasted. Seriously, get with features that EVERY OTHER MMO OFFERS. plz

eh not short like i said. sorry for the novel. why do i not have the ability to write short forum posts? something must be wrong with me.