IT'S TIME! Character Transfers (Paid & Non-Paid) ETA & Info Pls

Aussiedroid

please... server transfers... and soon...

i'm sick and god damn tired of getting stuck in groups with people that don't speak english because BW's dumb as piss guild placement system stuck a bunch of french speaking guilds from quebec on a north american server instead of a french language server. you try to tell them what the plan is for an encounter and "no spek inglis" is what we get when we ask these morons why they broke cc. it's ******** and needs to be adressed.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game's been out 2 months.

Reroll.

In the long-term, this is nothing seriously invested.

@RazielHex - Yes, this might be the best option for many, but in my opinion a few 100s hrs invested into a character IS a serious investment. Not just the fact of doing the story, side quests, run in FP & OPs, Crafting-RE to get your gear but for me there is some emotional investment into my character too (sounds corny I know!! :)). Its the same for those who are wanting to move elsewhere (not just the AU servers) but really dont want to start again. They just want to play with their friends or transfer where people are also playing at the time they play (it is a MMO after all).

At the end of the day for our group, sure we could ask our EU friends to reroll, and in long term probabily no huge issue, but in the mean time we are prevented from doing groups together in HM FPs & OPS with our established group to wait weeks or possibly months for them to catchup to where they are at now.

Some people may be able to level very quickly but we dont all have the time to do it all again (for me I am probabily slowby hardcore standards as it took 2 weeks holidays to level my char @ 12-16hrs a day - to do this now and put this time in would be very long indeed). Some players are already through hard modes, conquered everything but we are still working though this, and want to keep working through this together..but hopefully move to AU in the process.

If we could get Bioware to give some definitive info on transfers then these concerns may no longer be relevant.

It's in Biowares and EA's interest that characters and indeed guilds be able to transfer to different servers.

As for charging for it, I don't agree we already pay more than enough for a rather substandard game as is, it should be free and more importantly it needs to get sorted out and quickly, its by far the most pressing issue in this game.

Server populations are killing this game dead, they've made little noise or indeed done anything to sort out the appauling enviroment and server design but instead just chuck out more content.

Personally I think there needs to be a grass roots change over there especially on the Lead design front and who's leading the project, for someone more versed in engineering and design and how people interact with that design, especially with regard to the 'MMO' part of the game.

The questing and story content is pretty good, but that's about it, we need someone at the helm that can get to grips with the massive design flaws of the game and start getting things moving in the right direction.

This being the most critical one at the moment.

I would like to know whether or not BW is going to transfer guilds across as a whole. How do all of my guild mates ensure that we get transferred onto the correct server?

I'm sure BW have thought about this but the derth of information is frustrating. Please let us know soon BW.

I'm not sure if I read this right, but it made it sound like that if you weren't a resident of those areas when you registered the game, you're not available for the transfer. My thing is what about people like? When I initially got my game and registered it, I was living in the US. Now, I am living in Australia. Does this mean I have to start all over with ALL of my characters on another server just because I didn't live in AUS when I started playing? Also, if there isn't open transfers for everyone, my guild will most likely lose over half its members due to the fact that not everyone can afford to transfer and it would be a shame to lose them just because they cant transfer. I don't see the harm in giving all players a grace period to transfer for free, then if you miss the window, you have to pay for a transfer. I see that as being fair to all.

i want to know if we can get a server change or do we just have dead toons on several servers? i would pay to have my toons swapped from pve to pvp i have 4 toons on girridathe hutt and would like to have them swapped to veela as they are all around lvl 20-25 but their crafting skills and resources are high aswell. i got banks of resorces in all banks and as most say a reroll of toons is not a reasonable request to lose all the stuff on that server. thats one thing . the other thing i was wondering about is on tython there are more medium loot drops and very few and far between light stuff dropping for jedi whats up with that ? what about the councler jedi does he/she get left out or have to play for weeks to get suited up? and for the third one social points they are really kinda messed up too when you have to be lvl 5 to get social gear for companion and yourself. last what about commadations i got 40 comadations that cant be used for anything they just sit there for all the planets i have been on. in beta it was used as a 2 for one upgrade to next planet. will you be bringing that back. and yes i understand folks were usuing one toon to make all them for other toons mods and all but make it so the are bound and cant be swaped or traded

for those who try to exploit them . and if they find a way to do it ban the account ! i hope this can be looked at and maybe updated in the game soon as it would be a great help to most people

Hi all its great to see I am not the only one that sees this as a primary issue to address.

I have asked the question to the 'Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post'

Hopefully it is flagged for this week as its only a week left before AU opens up and transfers begin. Really hoping for an answer by then.

Please keep showing your support to ensure this gets to Bioware's attention.

Cheers!

I live in China where is really close to Hong Kong. I have to use a VPN to log in the game at the moment since there is a IP issue with the launcher and I registered the game with my old address in the US.

Being able to play on a Hong Kong server would mostly improve my latency but I really don't want to re-build the characters again. So Bioware please take in account of all the players who live the same region but outside of HK, Sig or AUS/NZ. I don't think it will create big inter-server migrations but it would really help players like us a lot.

The number of people raising new threads with the same issue as highlighed in this thread is growing. A quick search has returned the following threads (and I am sure there are more around):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=322114

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=305661

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323170

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=321716

Bioware, please provide us with an official response on this topic. We are under a week till character transfers are opening to AU servers and we are still unclear if our friends will be able to transfer soon.

As you can see from the responses on this thread and the others mentioned there is a large group of people that want this. All we want is some idea if it will happen, and if this is going to be a long time away.

Please Bioware ... give us an update to the 1000's who have already shown interest in this topic!!!

Edited by Aussiedroid