Stop adding content with with no system to give us access...

Reevax

Every big patch I see more and more content but many of us have no means to access the it.

Get a guild: Thats fine if you can find one, my server is pretty sparse

Make friends: Hard to make friends when you play off times and on top of that most people alt because spamming at the station for hours on end is not fun

You are lazy: Server pop is terrible, its not an issue of being lazy.

I get groups so easy: Congratulation?

It kills the community: Yes, I am sure the other 12 people on the station would go insane with rage.

At 50 you are lucky to get a single run each week. I would like to be able to play the game on my schedule, as would many others.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're out of luck, since the rest of the playerbase doesn't exist to cater to your wants.

Sorry.

You & the poster below you obviously dont work for a living because if you did you would realise that when you pay for a product you dont do so to suit everyone else. If that product doesnt provide you with the service YOU need, then you stop buying it.

If that product doesnt provide you with the service YOU need, then you stop buying it.

So, don't buy it in the first place or stop paying monthly for it?

I like how you're presuming those of us disagreeing don't have jobs, though. Truth be told, having a job provides disposable income, of which, makes this topic rather trivial since you can just count it as a loss and move on.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

In my guild pretty much everybody has a full time job, or is a very overworked student. We all have time constraints. But we chose to pay an MMO where we would be setting some time away together to play the content.

If you don't have the social skills to create or join a guild, make friends, or if your server is too low pop to get pugs, then you need to rethink your choice of hobby. There are plenty of single player RPGs out there, or you chould switch servers to something more populated.

Everything you said is your own problem.

You & the poster below you obviously dont work for a living because if you did you would realise that when you pay for a product you dont do so to suit everyone else. If that product doesnt provide you with the service YOU need, then you stop buying it.

so when you buy a "football" and then get bored with it you go whine at the dealership that it aint able to transform intro a golfball ?

this is a mmorpg, to get to endgame content you need to gather up with others to able to try such stuff, if you dont like that go play a single player game.

So, don't buy it in the first place or stop paying monthly for it?

I like how you're presuming those of us disagreeing don't have jobs, though. Truth be told, having a job provides disposable income, of which, makes this topic rather trivial since you can just count it as a loss and move on.

Obviously, both you & the player above you disrespect a another player for saying that he wants to be able to enjoy content at a time that suits him. How do you know he's not a shift worker? so many assumptions made by trolls who get their kicks out of disrespecting others.

And as you said if players who work odd hours, or have different playstyles cant enjoy the game they will quit. it's simple. You may not care but i'd bet my house that BW does

Every big patch I see more and more content but many of us have no means to access the it.

Get a guild: Thats fine if you can find one, my server is pretty sparse

Make friends: Hard to make friends when you play off times and on top of that most people alt because spamming at the station for hours on end is not fun

You are lazy: Server pop is terrible, its not an issue of being lazy.

I get groups so easy: Congratulation?

It kills the community: Yes, I am sure the other 12 people on the station would go insane with rage.

At 50 you are lucky to get a single run each week. I would like to be able to play the game on my schedule, as would many others.

im sure the "others" are happy your speaking out for them

if the server is so bad why not move to a new server, leave your toon there and wait for the transfers to open, they may do them for free like trion did

There is some truth to what you say, but that argument is a blade that cuts both ways, I don't want to reschedule, just so that I can cater to your needs.

That puts us in quite a dilemma, seeing as I won't cater to you, and you won't cater to me, what to do then?

The answer is compromise, this is an MMO, if you ever bother reading the ESRB rating and reasoning then you would discover that they do not rate online interaction, that is because you experiences while online may differ greatly. The onli way to ensure a nice online interaction is to meet each other half way(or close at least) and try to help out when needed, instead of just rage quitting because people are being human.

Have a good day

OP: you say you have issues playing off times thus you can't get groups. well what do you want BW to do? not release new content for anyone because you can not do it? if you find it hard to do things because you play in off peak times I ask you this, what time is it you play? i bet i could find a server that fits your need in general.

1) if you don't want to move your server, and recreate a toon then you will just have to deal with your chosen play style, BW can't just put content out for solo people.

2) not all content is supposed to be accessible by one person alone. and they let you know what is and isn't and that is better than most mmo's.

3) you are one subscription in this millions of people. 1/1000000 is a miniscule number. now get 100,000 or more to quit over this issue, they might notice then.

thing is people like you and people like the nay sayers all want something and won't compromise to get it. the last post to when i started this reply said they are giving this till april, and well honestly i wish people like that would just unsub and come back later to see what has changed. you can not have your cake and eat it too. in this case, if you play late at night, get on a west coast server, if you play in the middle of the day play on a European server. i was standing at a speeder point last night and i got a tell from my guild mate asking me if i wanted to do a heroic. and it was because they needed one more. i hadn't planned on doing it but i did and i had fun. i had planned on skipping it because it was a heroic.

now i'm going to be blasted by others (not necesarily you OP ) for my stance but i believe that empty threats are to be ignored and i personally love the game play, the content, have no major issues with the ui that i can't work around.

Darth Freki

Yep, finding good server is a solution for you most likely.

If you work in non-standard timeframe - try to look at servers on the other continent (if you are European - check US servers, or the other way around). Pings aren't bad, perhaps sometimes you'll be in disadvantage at PvP but it's fully playable.

so when you buy a "football" and then get bored with it you go whine at the dealership that it aint able to transform intro a golfball ?

this is a mmorpg, to get to endgame content you need to gather up with others to able to try such stuff, if you dont like that go play a single player game.

No problem, how many players will cancel their subs when they have driven the storyline to death on multiple chars. You dont know, neither do I, but i'd bet the number is greater than the number of players who raid. W'ell know by June if Swtor starts to look like Cata

lol actually that is the consumer mentality today. if you are done with it take it back and whine about it not fitting your need. for example: a customer came in last week after buying a laptop in may and tried to return it saying it's defective, it won't go online. I (as computer tech) looked at it and got it online shwoed that I did, and the customer still claimed it was defective as they couldn't do it themselves... and we then told them the unit is fine and we will not take the return. said customer then said they weren't going to shop at the store anymore, we said very well that is your choice. 25 minutes later i was walking something to the warehouse, said customer had 10 dvds in hand waiting in line.

Darth Freki

lol actually that is the consumer mentality today. if you are done with it take it back and whine about it not fitting your need. for example: a customer came in last week after buying a laptop in may and tried to return it saying it's defective, it won't go online. I (as computer tech) looked at it and got it online shwoed that I did, and the customer still claimed it was defective as they couldn't do it themselves... and we then told them the unit is fine and we will not take the return. said customer then said they weren't going to shop at the store anymore, we said very well that is your choice. 25 minutes later i was walking something to the warehouse, said customer had 10 dvds in hand waiting in line.

Darth Freki

Sounds like you live in the US, does that happen often?

i understand you but it is not BW fault you can not play during prime time.

you have few choices.

1 stop playen since you can not play duren prime time.

2 re roll on a populated server

3 wait it out till they allow transfers

4 quite till they allow transfers then sub and xfer to what ever server

Sounds like you live in the US, does that happen often?

yup i am in the us on east coast time. this happened at 12:04. and yes it happens both with guildies and with others. and that is why i did mention other area servers to the op here because it sounded like an east coaster in the message, but didn't tell me when they play etc.

i understand you but it is not BW fault you can not play during prime time.

you have few choices.

1 stop playen since you can not play duren prime time.

2 re roll on a populated server

3 wait it out till they allow transfers

4 quite till they allow transfers then sub and xfer to what ever server

First up it is biowares fault for not including systems already in place and working in other mmo's.

And second "Quit" is not an answer that anyone should entertain fora game they enjoy, and it's certainly not on biowares list of suggestions I can tell you that.

Third "re_roll" assumes he could find a high pop server that suits his play times, not a guarantee by any stretch.

No problem, how many players will cancel their subs when they have driven the storyline to death on multiple chars. You dont know, neither do I, but i'd bet the number is greater than the number of players who raid. W'ell know by June if Swtor starts to look like Cata

well why would BW make a mmorpg when they should have made a rpg instead arcording to you ?

this is the fact:

bw made a MMORPG not a single RPG.

bw know and did knew before they made game that most users is solo players, they still made a mmorpg, why change game completly because of a fact everybody did know, just because you are pointing it out.