Stop adding content with with no system to give us access...

Reevax

EXACTLY. If I go eat at a restaurant and don't like the fish, I don't eat it, and don't go back to the restaurant.

What I DON'T do is storm into the kitchen and demand that the chef change their award winning recipes to suit my tastes. Figure out how that analogy applies to you, and the course of action you should take next should be obvious.

If I was subscribed to that restaurant and ate there often, I bet they would know me and want me to be a very happy customer, no? My feedback would probably be asked for, and maybe even respected.

But that's just me as a business owner. You may not care about your customers at all.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, the OP is complaining because he picked a server that's probably on his local time but plays odd ours?

What do you want BW to do, hire friends for him?

:rolleyes:

Gee I dunno, maybe not provide so many empty servers? How about providing a free character transfer off?

I thought the population was growing according to all you fanboys?

It's a multiplayer game.

Multiplayer.

Multi.

So it should come as no surprise that you can't progress beyond a certain point without friends. I don't want development time and resources going into a single player game. They did enough of that with levels 1 - 50.

Yes it's a multiplayer game where you interact in a story driven solo play atmosphere till you hit level cap. How does that work again?

I'll try another anology: a gym. You can ask them to get a new elliptical, or some more weights...they may or may not.

But demanding they respond to your hours despite you paying a membership fee, well, they probably aren't going to listen.

Or demanding a new racquet ball court, or demanding anything, for that matter.

Sure, you pay a membership, and membership has it's privileges, but it only goes so far.

But if you knew their hours going in, and you still paid them the membership fee, shame on you, not them for changing.

("you" as in the "royal 'you'", not the person i quoted :))

Then he'd just be like, "Stop adding these racquetball courts and other multi-person equipment because the hours I'm available to work out the gym is empty anyway.". That's what the "me" generation is all about. Self-importance and entitlement to what they want, when they want it.

If I was subscribed to that restaurant and ate there often, I bet they would know me and want me to be a very happy customer, no? My feedback would probably be asked for, and maybe even respected.

But that's just me as a business owner. You may not care about your customers at all.

You have a million plus customers and would restrict/limit your menu because one person didn't like the lunch section of said menu?

"A business owner for long, you would not be." -Yoda

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

Silly remarks are still seen as silly, do you think an LFG tool should have been in place upon release even if it was same server only?

Trust me there is plenty that BW could have done given they have had years to see what works in other games.

If you are referring to what WoW created, it's only been out for maybe 1 1/2 years...tops.

Don't try to act like it's been around since the dawn of time.

I remember looking for groups the old fashion way:

/1 anyone want to run xyz?

/g anyone want to faceroll abc?

Never complained about it then.

(not saying a form of LFG isn't good, but it's not exactly a lifesaving tool either)

My previous point stands, OP seems to have rolled on a server that is his local time but he plays odd hours.

:p

Yes it's a multiplayer game where you interact in a story driven solo play atmosphere till you hit level cap. How does that work again?

Quite well, thanks. There are multiplayer components throughout the game.

Are you seriously suggesting that an MMORPG should cater to solo players? Why the F even be in an MMORPG if you're going to solo?!

Solo MMORPG is like asking for a square circle. It's nonsense.

Actually there is, personally I think adding additional class quests at max level is almost a waste (which they said will be done in march). Given the amount of resources required to write new scripts I do indeed have a better solution.

Do a solo version of flashpoints, allow players to bring along 3 companions. You could play at any time of the day, even if your a group player you could run them when your friends are offline. No extra scripting required, just lower the loot and the boss mechanics so they are doable.

This would provide plenty of content that players could grind their teeth on for months rather than a few days at the most doing some extra class quests. Players who want to group are unaffected & players who dont have content at 50...everyone is satisfied

OK, I will give you the points that you actually made a suggestion. Most do not even do that and still "want more!"

But you know what would happen...a few times of running the same FP solo...you get all the gear options out of the FP you want...then what?

Back to the forums to say we need more content?

It is a never ending cycle that any gaming company cannot keep up with every players style and play time.

Some will always be upset, as with anything in life. Not trying to be patronizing, just simply realistic.

You have a million plus customers and would restrict/limit your menu because one person didn't like the lunch section of said menu?

We are way off the beaten path now, but to answer your question... all paying customers have the same right and privilege to voice their likes and dislikes and should feel comfortable doing so. Should it be respectful, yes, informative, yes... But, everyone is on equal footing in providing feedback. What the service/product provider does with this feedback will either retain, attract, or turn off some or all of their customers.

Oh, and that's why said menus grow over time too. People ask for something new and the owner adds it to their repertoire of delicacies... :D

Edited by Meldwyn

EXACTLY. If I go eat at a restaurant and don't like the fish, I don't eat it, and don't go back to the restaurant.

What I DON'T do is storm into the kitchen and demand that the chef change their award winning recipes to suit my tastes. Figure out how that analogy applies to you, and the course of action you should take next should be obvious.

Again a terrible assumption, there is a great little Italian restaraunt that my wife I have been eating at for years. The head chef always comes out to greet us at the end of our meal, sometimes I order from the menu but other times I will come up with a dish and ask if he can prepare it for me. Guess what? he's more than happy to oblige...why? because he values loyal customers.

You wont know if you dont ask.

Did you read the title? And the OP? If a customer approached me with that guys attitude, frankly, **** him. I'd gladly lose his business.

"Feedback" would be, "I think the fish was just a bit too salty".

"Stop putting so much salt in this fish because I have high blood-pressure is a demand, and one that any customer in my restaurant isn't entitled to make.

Of course, just because that's how I feel it doesn't mean BW does - they might value all feedback, even from the self-entitled sorts. As for me, no, that isn't the sort of "feedback" that I respect, and if I don't have to see you in my store again because you don't like mmy product, good.

Quite well, thanks. There are multiplayer components throughout the game.

Are you seriously suggesting that an MMORPG should cater to solo players? Why the F even be in an MMORPG if you're going to solo?!

Solo MMORPG is like asking for a square circle. It's nonsense.

There isn't an MMO out there that doesn't cater to a single player.

If it was 100% group content it would fail due to conflicting schedules, not being a personal quest but always about a group, etc.

So again: EVERY MMO CATERS TO SOLO PLAYERS.

I feel better.

;)

Did you read the title? And the OP? If a customer approached me with that guys attitude, frankly, **** him. I'd gladly lose his business.

"Feedback" would be, "I think the fish was just a bit too salty".

"Stop putting so much salt in this fish because I have high blood-pressure is a demand, and one that any customer in my restaurant isn't entitled to make.

Of course, just because that's how I feel it doesn't mean BW does - they might value all feedback, even from the self-entitled sorts. As for me, no, that isn't the sort of "feedback" that I respect, and if I don't have to see you in my store again because you don't like mmy product, good.

Attitude is certainly a factor. And there are occasions where I will send a customer to my competitor, just so they can deal with them! :D

If you are referring to what WoW created, it's only been out for maybe 1 1/2 years...tops.

Don't try to act like it's been around since the dawn of time.

I remember looking for groups the old fashion way:

/1 anyone want to run xyz?

/g anyone want to faceroll abc?

Never complained about it then.

(not saying a form of LFG isn't good, but it's not exactly a lifesaving tool either)

My previous point stands, OP seems to have rolled on a server that is his local time but he plays odd hours.

:p

I completely agree BUT

What do you want BW to do, hire friends for him?

is still a stupid and unnecessary remark

Again a terrible assumption, there is a great little Italian restaraunt that my wife I have been eating at for years. The head chef always comes out to greet us at the end of our meal, sometimes I order from the menu but other times I will come up with a dish and ask if he can prepare it for me. Guess what? he's more than happy to oblige...why? because he values loyal customers.

You wont know if you dont ask.

Now if you went in and DEMANDED the dish, what do you think the chef's reaction would be?

Edited by Azzras

So again: EVERY MMO CATERS TO SOLO PLAYERS.

No. Every MMO has some solo content. It doesn't cater to them, it caters to teams.

Multiplayer. It's the second "M." If you want to play by yourself there's a world of games out there.

You're basically complaining that "Biff's House of Ribs" doesn't have enough healthy choices on the menu. It's amazingly stupid.

Edited by JustTed

No. Every MMO has some solo content. It doesn't cater to them, it caters to teams.

Multiplayer. It's the second "M." If you want to play by yourself there's a world of games out there.

You're basically complaining that "Biff's House of Ribs" doesn't have enough healthy choices on the menu. It's amazingly stupid.

Some? Leveling from 1-50 is completely solo-able. That is more than 'some'.

LOL, that reminds me of a funny story about someone calling a BBQ place to ask if they had a veggie plate. Oh, the laughs the person on the other end of the phone had.

Anyway, Multiplayer =/= grouped content only

Multiplayer = other people playing the same game and you can interact with them.

Edited by Meldwyn

OK, I will give you the points that you actually made a suggestion. Most do not even do that and still "want more!"

But you know what would happen...a few times of running the same FP solo...you get all the gear options out of the FP you want...then what?

Back to the forums to say we need more content?

It is a never ending cycle that any gaming company cannot keep up with every players style and play time.

Some will always be upset, as with anything in life. Not trying to be patronizing, just simply realistic.

I dont know, as someone who cut their teeth on ZA & ZG over 500 times I could pretty much handle the FP's on offer in SWTOR. When my friends arent on it's something I would enjoy doing, there's gearing your companions. You could only take 3 but we have 6 so you would be alternating them in & out at times. Honestly given the number of FP's we have now it would keep solo/casual players entertained for months on end. Certainly long enough before the next lot of content was released.

I'll make one point though it will certainly keep some players occupied far longer than adding a few new class quests will.