Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

[ATTENTION] Stop Asking For DPS

Iscaria

My heal spec sage can deal damage so that makes him a damage dealer right? So if you asked for a damage dealer I'd be perfectly within reason to join your group. Se how your argument fails?

Damage Dealer is someone who specializes in damage. Not a damage per seconder.

Edited by Iscaria

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Healers and tanks can deal damage too, making them DD's.

*HEAD SPLODE*

But they don't specialize in damage. Which means you can't call them damage dealers. I understand this concept is difficult for a lot of you to wrap your minds around, but please bare with me.

Edited by Iscaria

I don't care what the devs call it. It's not logical.

And you think your science is superior to our science!!! A DD is a designated driver!! Ergo, we use the term DPS. It is the only logical conclusion. Accept our answer to the Great Question... or face the consequences. Science be praised!!!!

Also, in this game a "twink" is a lvl 50 player in a WZ with full battlemaster gear. Spread the word.

But they don't specialize in damage. Which means you can't call them damage dealers. I understand this concept is difficult for a lot of you to wrap your minds around, but please bare with me.

and the DD specializes in DPS..

What do I win?

According to google dps is used in:

wow

rift

ffxi

guild wars

swg

swtor

company of heroes

diablo

eve online

starcraft 2

lotro

lol

and thats just in the first 4 pages. Consequently, this post ranks last on page 5 at the time of me posting this.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

DPS is used in those games because it's a term to measure the amount of damage per second a character does. Half those games do not refer to the classes in them as DPS. You aren't going to win this argument I'm prepared to sit under my imaginary bridge all day.

DPS is used in those games because it's a term to measure the amount of damage per second a character does. Half those games do not refer to the classes in them as DPS. You aren't going to win this argument I'm prepared to sit under my imaginary bridge all day.

Uh, wut? All of those games refer to the DPS classes as DPS.

Think of that kid back in grade school who always had to be right and corrected everybody on the meanings and spellings of words, then imagine that kid's voice for everything Iscaria is saying.

Ok, I tried this, but it sounds the same in my head when I do this as when I read it alou. . . Oh, wait, nvm.

Annnnddd he finally admits to trolling. Nothing else to see here folks, move along.

I don't care what the devs call it. It's not logical. You ask for a Tank. You ask for a Healer. You don't ask for a damage per second. DD has been the correct terminology in every MMO I've ever played. Just cause the devs of this one game decided to call it dps doesn't make it right. The correct term for a damage dealing class has and always will be DD.

15 years of playing games in various communities disagrees with you, I've never seen anyone call it DD, always DPS. You'd be best off growing a thick skin about it, because your team just doesn't have a chance of winning this battle.