Lack of Knockback got me kicked from a raid

Islandborn

arguing that sentinel is useless in raids is beyond stupid. sentinel is top tier dps and can buff your other dps. you just have to be smart and not take unnecessary damage.

hell on that very same boss you talk about I've been the offtank as a sentinel, having sage pull away main tank so he loses agro and having only my dps to keep agro myself, it was not perfectly smooth, I do not recommend it, but we got through it without having to switch someone out for a real tank. Sentinel has very good survivability with all our defensive cool downs.

when filling the normal dps role you should just kill the stun droids when his armor is up, there's no reason you should ever want/need a knockback to do this. yes we have droid cc to keep one at bay but definitely do kill them while his armor is up as they will keep spawning.

I think your guild is quite thick so get out of there while you can. Watchman Sentinel is top tier DPS and has the best group utility and group buffs in the game. What other class brings the following to the table all at the same time?

• Top tier melee DPS
  • Access to the best droid CC in the game
  • AoE incapacitate on a 45 second CD
  • 6 secondCD on your interrupt
  • Ability to give the entire group +10% Defence AND +80% move speed
  • Ability to give the entire group +15% Damage

I got news for you. They asked you to quit because they don't like you and think you are a terirble player. The lack of a knockback was simply the excuse they gave you because they didn't want to hurt your feelings. They asked me to break you the news.

So I'm a set was just raiding with my guild and I was saked to leave on the 4th boss of KP because I couldn't knock back the stun droids. Lame Sets have no CC whatsoever. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

Nope. We have plenty of knockbacks with our troopers and consulars in the ops group. I do DPS, interrupt all the things, and stun droids.

There are a lot of bads who "heard from a friend that sents suck yo" and then apply that to their flashpoint and ops composition. It's their loss, really. Find a group that isn't terrible and an ops leader who understands your AC.

So I'm a set was just raiding with my guild and I was saked to leave on the 4th boss of KP because I couldn't knock back the stun droids. Lame Sets have no CC whatsoever. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

...Guild was stupid for kicking you and you're being silly thinking they where valid in doing so.

dont listen to everyone that says qui... what u need to do is get Fraps.... and create the SWTOR version of LEROYYYY JEN***KINS!!!!!!! thats right bring back an overused old school move lol

Those stars are all ks u just cant have 3ks in a row lol

Edited by Dagimpster

I agree with the majority of the advice here. Get out of that guild fast. In my guild, we'd find a way to make it work with you in the group. My guildies have broken many instances in an attempt to find a way to make something work even when it was designed to be impossible to do any other way.

Yes. My guildies break games before they ask someone in the guild to give up. I remember one time when half of us were naked from broken gear by the time we succeeded in killing a particular boss, but we started with a group that everyone said was impossible and we finished with that group. And the next time we went, we knew how to beat him with that same group and hardly anyone died.

Sentinel's lack of knockback isn't your problem (though it is *a* problem), your raid leader was your problem and your guildies were too, if they supported his decision.

Lack of Knockback isn't a problem though given that a Sent can keep a Droid CC'd indefinitely while DPSing on the current target. Plus the Sent can be using it's group buffs to support the raid. +Move Speed and +Damage are both extremely useful there.

Not in hardmodes. most of the droids have immunity.

As the song goes: "I don't believe in the reason"

There's always a bunch of idiots that think they have the one true strategy for every boss instead of making one that is flexible and can encompass every class combination.

If you can't knockback an enemy, CC it, or change the assignment priority so someone that can deal with that enemy type does. Simple.

My spider sense is tingling that there is something to this story that is missing. I cant put my spindly spider legs on it but I know its there.

I complain about sents all the time, but my complaints are always geared at pvp. Are you sure there are no other reasons for being let go? Sents do have good dps in a pve environment..with the only exception being pre patch False Emp, in which the issue has been tweeked for us a bit. If you played your part and were let go anyway I'd find a new guild, like many seem to be sugesting.

I complain about sents all the time, but my complaints are always geared at pvp. Are you sure there are no other reasons for being let go? Sents do have good dps in a pve environment..with the only exception being pre patch False Emp, in which the issue has been tweeked for us a bit. If you played your part and were let go anyway I'd find a new guild, like many seem to be sugesting.

What was the issue with False Emperor? That is a spectacular instance, and as a Sentinel I have always ripped through it.