Valor 70+ gear

TheLakers

fyi, i've ignored your posts in this thread twice now because it is all in caps.

areumadbro ??!!!!

I am handicapped and My keyboard is fickle. So before you ASSUME....don't discriminate against the the physically challenged or impaired, it is sad to be hateful and spiteful to the less capable.

Edited by silvercgull

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

me and my friends (toghether we are 6 people) play from the very beginning (2 days after the first preorder key was activated) and we have played pvp at least 95% of all time played. we logged in nearly every evening for at least 3-4 hours.

everyone of us had 1000/1000 pvp coins at lvl 50 and all of us made roughly 20 bags a week. this week 4 of us finally had their champion set complete, one of us has quit the game and anotherone started a bit later and hasnt even his centurion gear complete. yesterday 3 of us finally became battlemasters.

most of the time we were undergeared and now finally we managed to catch up with the 24/7 plaers gearwise.

i dont understand why new gear should be intoduces just now only because some people dont have any motivation to play besides accuireing new gear.

on civil war i had 3 1vs duells against a marauder (i am sentinel) with exatly the same spec as me just with no pvp gear. each time i lost only 20% of my health when he died although he use the same abilities i use at nearly the same time (besides he used up all his cds while i didnt use a single one). he had no chance no matter how well he played. this is what i dont want to see in pvp.

in my oppinion centurion gear should be removed from the game and all players should have their stats evened up to full centurion when joining a wz.

but seriously, the pvp is atm so flawed that any new gear or other improvements would have the chance to break the pvp beyond rapair (like illum almost did when the killquests were introduced first). first valor has to be stabilized to something reasonable and illum has to be reworked completely.

also the warzones need to be fixed. a draw in voidstar make the team that was first to attack automaticaly the winner. in civil war the imperials have a point advantage due to the fact that a cannon which was activated by imperials instantly deals 5 dmg whereas the same cannon deals this dmg after 10s when activated by the repuplic.

i wont even start with class balancing and faction balancing

I would quite like to see ranking ladders - per server.

Things like - most kills in the last month, most damage, most heals, most protection - be nice to see it on an individual basis and also for guilds.

Some thing like this would take away this gear progression obsession and give maxed out guys a focus.

In EVE the killboards certainly add focus.

Valor 70 gear is too soon yet... game's been out for not even 2 months now, and we already have 3 different PvP sets in Centurion, Champion and Battlemaster. War Leader should wait a bit longer.

You give as reason the lack of interest for Battlemasters to login and play, besides doing their daily/weekly. That shouldn't be 'fixed' by just dropping a new set ingame, or else you'll have the same problem really soon again. They should fix it by finding ways for current Battlemasters to login. 90% of them that you mentioned whom only login for daily/weekly are not even fully geared yet. So there's a potential to look for a fix. Start allowing them to get bags in a different way other than daily/weekly.

well if they put a bag to the vendor for 1000 warzone and 1000 mercenary commendations, that would fix the situation for a while.

areumadbro ??!!!!

I am handicapped and by keyboard is fickle. So before you ***-u-me....don't discriminate against the the physically challenged or impaired, it is sad to be hateful and spiteful to the less capable.

I'm not mad, and I wasn't having a go, just letting you know why I (and possibly others) was ignoring your posts.

And your being disabled has nothing to do with your typing in ALL CAPS as you have managed to do it fine in the 2 posts after the CAPS ones so what's with the attempted guilt trip?

I also find your overuse of ! a bit much.

Edited by Roak

You self absorbed people...
Glad to see you stopped using capitalized letters. I was waiting for that before i was going to respond to you ;)

With the NEW system it will take you about one week (7 wz dailies, 7 ilum dalies, 1 wz weekly and 1 ilum weekly for a total of 20 bags or 20*15=300 centurion tokens and 20*7=140 champion tokens + small random chance for a champion item or two) to replace most of your items with centurion and champion epics.

I spend week after week in the OLD system to replace my centurion gloves and boots before the change. I just got duplicate after duplicate. I have four main hand weapons...

After the change i could BUY champion gloves and boots after little more than one week. No RNG involved.

The new system is much faster for getting full champion gear than the old system. It is also much faster at getting full pvp epics once you reach level 50 (it take less than two weeks if you do all dailies and weeklies).

Some people, me included, would argue that its free epics (that it should be harder to upgrade your equipment and that orange gear that you used for the better half of your 50 levels should not be made obsolete w/in one week after you reach 50).

Edited by Xenon-se

Things like - most kills in the last month, most damage, most heals, most protection - be nice to see it on an individual basis and also for guilds.

Problem with that, stuff like that is easily farmable in the huttball fire/acid traps. Or Sorc/Sages just healing each other over and over.

Some thing like this would take away this gear progression obsession and give maxed out guys a focus.

Gear obsession in a MMO? Heh, those silly subscribers.

In EVE the killboards certainly add focus.

You get LOOT for killing stuff in EVE.

Edited by TheLakers

I'm not mad, and I wasn't having a go, just letting you know why I (and possibly others) was ignoring your posts.

And your being disabled has nothing to do with your typing in ALL CAPS as you have managed to do it fine in the 2 posts after the CAPS ones so what's with the attempted guilt trip?

I also find your overuse of ! a bit much.

YOUAREMAD !!!

Please refrain from further insults towards my less high tech keyboard and physical impairments lest I report you for harassment.

Thank you.

Glad to see you stopped using capitalized letters. I was waiting for that before i was going to respond to you ;)

With the NEW system it will take you about one week (7 wz dailies, 7 ilum dalies, 1 wz weekly and 1 ilum weekly for a total of 20 bags or 20*15=300 centurion tokens and 20*7=140 champion tokens + small random chance for a champion item or two) to replace most of your items with centurion and champion epics.

I spend week after week in the OLD system to replace my centurion gloves and boots before the change. I just got duplicate after duplicate. I have four main hand weapons...

After the change i could BUY champion gloves and boots after little more than one week. No RNG involved.

The new system is much faster for getting full champion gear than the old system. It is also much faster at getting full pvp epics once you reach level 50 (it take less than two weeks if you do all dailies and weeklies).

Some people, me included, would argue that its free epics (that it should be harder to upgrade your equipment and that orange gear that you used for the better half of your 50 levels should not be made obsolete w/in one week after you reach 50).

The thing is...you already had the majority of your champ gear and only needed a basic amount of commendations, wait until you strive for Battlemaster and just know it is like starting the champ set that way now.

unbelievable how ppl actually ASK for another retarded gear system?

as it currently is, pvp gear is ONLY about who farms the most... in an unbelievable stupid way.

if you add higher valor reqs for better gear you will just honor brainless afking in ilum even more. you will raise the gap between imp and rep even more...

what they SHOULD do is add a decent ranking system that actually benefits skilled players rather then monkeys with 10hours afk time each day.

add a ranking system and make gear requirements depending on your rank, not on that silly valor system

You get LOOT for killing stuff in EVE.

IM talking about the PVP killboards - don't think may people in EVE get rich pvping (not talking about low sec ganking here - just pvp for the fun of the kill).

I certinaly made money in EVE by carebearing just so I could have nice kit to pvp.

These are very different games of course but mmos have always been about competition and nothing beats a league for that.

I always thought people PvP-ed for the thrill, the competition and not for the gear.

The people that actually enjoy PvP, like me, play for those reasons. The people that are complaining that they want yet another PvP tier are the people that just want easy wins and to roll over another team with lesser gear than them.

I understand that this is an MMO and that you need things to strive for, but these will be added in the form of a ranking system in some future patch as far as I am aware, if you like PvP you should be striving to become the best skillwise, not the best gearwise.

Where is it? The progression is a bit silly, as battlemaster isn't all that much better than champ. Yet bioware limits people to bags from dailies since no other tier exists. So you get to the situation where most BMs just log on for their 3 warzone wins/30 kills and then plays an alt. While the people that are time sinking into pvp after 65+ get no current benefit.

Also why do we keep getting new operations but no new warzones?

It's reasonable to want progression, but come on, how much wider do you want the gulf between Fresh 50s and Rank 60+s to get?

Gear is attached to this game and every other MMO with a significant playerbase. If you don't like it, you shouldn't be playing MMOs.

Again you shouldn't be playing MMOs. But like with anything in life, people that spend more time perfecting something usually have an advantage.

You don't need to play 12 hours a day to get rank 70 if you win consistently.

So you can't win, therefore you're not having fun. You're probably the guy that rage quits warzones all day and wonders why he isn't a higher rank.

Players will never be on equal footing in a MMO. YOu do realize people wear end-game Pve gear to PvP, right? That's like asking for World Peace.

The rank 70 that wins 90% of the time in warzones compared to a rank 49's 50%, odds are the valor 70 is the more skilled PvPer.

Adding content to the PvP end-game wouldn't be a bad for a game that desperately needs end-game PvP incentive. Huge portion of battlemasters only even got 60 for the PvE benefits the PVP give them.

My win/loss record has nothing to do with this. I enjoy the competitive nature of PvP. Significantly out gearing someone makes it less competitive and it becomes boring. I've been playing MMOs for 10 years and dislike certain things about them, especially post WoW. That doesn't stop me from enjoying them as a whole.

You want progression, that's fine. Would you be satisfied with visual progression? Would you be happy with better looking gear with BM stats, titles, and other options? Progression doesnt have to be stat wise. I'm fine with you and I being rewarded for regularly PvPing and winning but I am not fine with destroying any competition because we play more. I want good matches, not curb stomps.

If its stats you want, why? Why do you need more stats and why is visual progression not enough? Do you like having an advantage over others in PvP? Of so, that's fine, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning for wanting better stats. Do you honestly enjoy beating up on someone because your gear is better?

People need to get more realistic about the time investments related to these games. Most BM etc play alot. Most of the people posting on these forums play a lot but not everyone plays games to those extremes. Lets have some perspective.

"Leveling to 50 is easy people do it in like 5 days played". That is 120 hours or 3 working weeks. Not an insignificant time investment. If you play 2 hours a day that is 2 months.

Valor rank 59-60 is 49000 valor. If you assume a decent valor return per game factoring losses etc 1200 would be a generous average. I will also be generous and assume 3 WZ per hour. That means 3600 per hour or 14 hours from 59-60. While the curve has started to get steep at this point you are still looking at about 30000 for 54-55. I am not sure the total valor to get to 60 but i think 250000 would be conservative. This would take approximately 70 hours assuming the very generous valor returns I have suggested.

Assume 30 of those leveling hours were PVP that means 160 hours to BM. Potentially 80 days for a significant time investment (2 hours a day). People need to get realistic about how much some of us play.

I will hit BM tomorrow and I have alts and spent alot of time playing with crafting - I play alot - I do not have an expectation that everyone is going to be BM by now why do you?

You want progression, that's fine. Would you be satisfied with visual progression? Would you be happy with better looking gear with BM stats, titles, and other options? Progression doesnt have to be stat wise. I'm fine with you and I being rewarded for regularly PvPing and winning but I am not fine with destroying any competition because we play more. I want good matches, not curb stomps.

It's not destroying competition. It's the fresh 50s job to get themselves to geared, nobody is going to hand it to them.

If its stats you want, why? Why do you need more stats and why is visual progression not enough? Do you like having an advantage over others in PvP? Of so, that's fine, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning for wanting better stats. Do you honestly enjoy beating up on someone because your gear is better?

It should be a little bit of both. Never did I say it had to be a legendary gear set with 100% crit chance that will one shot fresh everything.

The stat increase between champ and battlemaster isn't all that much, were talking like 4 expertise per piece. I'd expect similar progression upwards. Centurion/champs would be still be competitive vs the handful of 70s on the server and again, getting rank 60 isn't all that difficult.

A ops with BMs vs geared BMs in my experience, is much more competitive than a bunch of fresh 50s going at it. Rated warzones will most likely segregate the winners and the losers, so maybe you should take your complaints to another thread. You're talking about a completely separate issue.

Even then, the 50 bracket is much more competitive than the 10-49 right now.

Edited by TheLakers

Valor gear level 70+ will become a necessity.

There will be raid and gear progression, therefore the need for PvP gear progression exists.

Otherwise T4 geared PvE players might have an advantage over BM-geared players. Which probably will not happen.

if blizzard told wow players that grass is blue you'd have just as hard a time telling them it is green as you do telling them that there is a better way than stat inflated pvp gear progression.

+1

There are other games you can learn from that have excellent pvp *cough* Guild Wars *cough*

I know 15+ people that will COME BACK and re-subscribe if another tier was added. They have no reason at all to even log on to their main for pvp. Battlemaster, valor 60 is not hard to get at all and there is no real incentive go past rank 65 atm.

- 15 wanna be PVPers.. I dont see a problem with them leaving.

Hopefully they stay gone!

It's not destroying competition. It's the fresh 50s job to get themselves to geared, nobody is going to hand it to them.

It should be a little bit of both. Never did I say it had to be a legendary gear set with 100% crit chance that will one shot fresh everything.

The stat increase between champ and battlemaster isn't all that much, were talking like 4 expertise per piece. I'd expect similar progression upwards. Centurion/champs would be still be competitive vs the handful of 70s on the server and again, getting rank 60 isn't all that difficult.

A ops with BMs vs geared BMs in my experience, is much more competitive than a bunch of fresh 50s going at it. Rated warzones will most likely segregate the winners and the losers, so maybe you should take your complaints to another thread. You're talking about a completely separate issue.

Even then, the 50 bracket is much more competitive than the 10-49 right now.

Why do you want more stats? Why is visual progression not enough? I'm trying to understand why you want more stats.

Let's assume they give you rank 70 stuff and it it is better than BM stat wise. Let's assume they also implement rates Warzones. Would it be ok with you if your rank 70 gear was locked out of unrated Warzones? If you wanted to PvP for fun in an unrated WZ, would you be ok with not being able to wear your rank 70 gear and instead having to wear your BM stuff?

Why do you want more stats? Why is visual progression not enough? I'm trying to understand why you want more stats.

Let's assume they give you rank 70 stuff and it it is better than BM stat wise. Let's assume they also implement rates Warzones. Would it be ok with you if your rank 70 gear was locked out of unrated Warzones? If you wanted to PvP for fun in an unrated WZ, would you be ok with not being able to wear your rank 70 gear and instead having to wear your BM stuff?

What good is PvP gear if he can't use to to proove to fresh 50's he's awesome by 2 shotting them. (I 3 shot fresh 50's and I am in Champ/Columni not even BM)

By that logic, should end-game pve gear be 'locked out' of warzones?

Heeey guyz lets PvP nakid!

Edited by TheLakers