Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

For me... working on this is LOST OF TIME (fix victory in warzone that doesn't count to quest)

now the 'global cooldown haters' are happy?

pffff

:csw_jabbapet:

You do realise how silly that statement is, especially in light of the fact thet the WZ quest bug fix is already on the pts and these changes arent

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good start but I have some suggestions I wanted to add:

Can you make the skills that are only usable under certain curcumstances to be HIGHLIGHTED WHEN USABLE? For excample railshot (trooper) or spinning strike (shadow).

At the moment it is like going from a dark button to a not so much dark button - hard to see any difference at all.

I would love to see these skills going from dark (for not usable atm) to bright (ready to go).

Please George and Stephen, make this happen!

Another improvement could be a dark to bright button change when the target is in range.

But that's another story - it is your decision wether it should be a matter of training/kinda skill to learn to estimate the range of different abilities or to make ability ranges easy to recognize even for new players to prevent a disadvantage.

I hope at least one of you developers will throw a glimpse on these lines. (Posting at the end of a multi-pages thread always makes it feel beeing unnoticed...)

THX A LOT

PS: I know this isn't directly about GCD but I thought since you are working on the button interface right now it would be easier to implement such features parallel and spare you quite some time.

Edited by Medimatze

That please or look towards WoW, Rift,...

There's too much bright flashing that's distracting the eyes. Wow, Rift, LotRo, even AoC does this better.

Thing is when we push a button the whole abilities are flashing. It doesn't work.

Allow players to remove the flashing from all skills that can be queued. We don't need to see them flashing as we can immediately resend them once activated or once we activated any other skill. This way you have 70% or the useless flashing removed.

Have you read the page this thread is for?

It's nice and all that we're getting so many options to change, but can the abilities on cooldown not differentiate between what will still be unusable once they come off cooldown (because of distance/wrong sort of target/not enough force/etc) and the things that we will be able to use immediately after the cooldown has finished?

Can you just give us a an actual timer with the actual time on it. 10 would countdown to 0 then get the flash when it's ready. That's more easily discernible than I feel the solutions you've tried to implement. I don't need to see a hourglass type effect and you don't need to darken the hotkey just give me a timer.

In the video it showed countdown timers with the time.