Why some people just suck at Huttball....

Ocho-Quatro

Most of the time when my team loses, I notice it is usually due to the fact that majority of my team are fighting the opponent on our side... generally in our endzone or pit. There have been MANY times when I get the ball and have nobody to pass it forward to. Almost as many times that I get the ball and have nobody to throw it behind me to lol. I am all about red=dead. But huttball, too many stop to kill the red and do not position to help score.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snipers can't do nothing in HUTTBALL.

using force speed or fore leap with the huttball should be prohibited.

otherwise its the team with the most sorc/warrior that wins... its retarted.

Speaking as a sniper. I love hutt ball.

I'm 35 meters away, up a tier, shooting down at melee classes that are wasting their closers/time trying to get to me, or focusing the ball carrier, or focusing the healers.

Either way I have virtually free reign of the battle field, even more than stealth classes imo, as most people look my way and just think it's too much work for such a low priority target. Meanwhile I'm hitting 300-500k damage each round while destroying their carrier every time they touch the ball.

Do I carry the ball? Never. Did I ever want to? Not a chance. My job is damage, I do it well, leave carrying the ball to the classes with armor and/or speed.

Edited by Celebrus

The other thing with hutball, ball sports have everyone move back to their own half after a goal is scored. That can't happen in hutball so if you have just scored you are a lot more likely to score again than the other team because you have people forward from the start. You need to have some people go get control of middle ready for the next spawn if enemy are about to score.

This is the NUMBER ONE problem with Huttball. It is designed to make matches lopsided because a scoring team usually has scorers already in position for the next point.

Sage is one of the better call carriers. You have knockback, force speed, bubble, and friendly pull so you can pull someone to you so they can run past you and set up for a win.

Sage is better supporting a good carrier but that's neither here nor there. Sage are just good in huttball no matter what.

I never said I was good at Huttball :p

I actually consider myself horrible at Huttball, and am always willing to accept instruction..

However, the Sage I have been doing warzones with, is currently lvl 24, so I am still building skills. Working with what I've got at the moment.

Edited by Ocho-Quatro

Snipers can't do nothing in HUTTBALL.

using force speed or fore leap with the huttball should be prohibited.

otherwise its the team with the most sorc/warrior that wins... its retarted.

Snipers are amazing defenders in Huttball.

I'd rather your son play with me than some of the other Republic teammates. Instead of "get the ball" it's "Let me fight off to the side 1v1 and collect some medals and valor while the enemy ball carrier walks BACKWARDS to our goal". I'm not saying we all do it, but...

Well don't forget that anywhere a sent is fighting they can build centering and give everyone transcendence.

Words of "Wisdom" from a wiseguy....

I learned a LOT about Huttball in a match that I was in the other day... Moreso than any other match I've ever been in, hands down.

I now FINALLY understand why some teams (especially Republic teams) simply just

Well I think Reps tend to struggle with huttball because they line up against Imps who play huttball 2/3 of every WZ. So Imps just get a lot more practice at it.

Edited by _DaGreat

Biggest reasons I lose huttball?

1) Huttball heroes and ironmen. These are people with 15k or less HP who try to run the ball from mid to goal without passing (ironmen) or who grab the ball and immediately jump into the pit hoping to charge up to someone (among other things). They saw it work once when they were level 30 and think it works against a competent/well geared team.

2) Tunnel vision. You ask "why didn't you pass?" and they say "nobody was in front of me!" when in reality there not only was people in front of them but also people on different levels than them standing there waiting for a pass.

3) Derp train. When your whole team humps the ball carrier trying to kill the people chasing him. This may result in a score a lot of the time, but it presents a huge problem: There is now nobody watching the middle for the neutral ball or stopping the other team from setting up on our catwalks.

4) Idiocy. People who do things like force speed to grab the ball when they have 12k hp and a 23k HP tank was five feet away from it with no enemy in sight. They then proceed to fail jump into the air vent 6 times and die.

People who do things like throw the ball to the other team 2 feet from your goal after your team just heroically stopped the other team from scoring.

People who see you pull the enemy ball carrier into the fire and decide it's a good idea to knock them back out and closer to the goal.

5) People who don't understand resolve and/or class abilities.

I can't tell you how many times I see some derp festival run up to the enemy ball carrier who has full HP and is a tank and spam every CC they have all at once.

I can't tell you how many times I see someone waste resolve on the ball carrier to knock them back 3 feet or pull them 3 feet in the middle of the room for no reason.

I can't tell you how many times the other team waste all their CC on me when I have force shroud up.

I could go on but I think you get the point.

These are the reasons why you lose huttball.

Edited by Hypernetic