"INC LEFT" That is not a good way to call INCs

VoidSpectre

That's your definition. Other people might say it's left or right based on the map. Left and right will always be relative based on a particular position or reference point, east and west won't. Why make things more difficult than they have to be?

its not making things more difficult at all..i think that people complaining in this thread are just being idiots and are frustrated that other people do not do things the way they do..you damn well know what someone means if people call out left.

so instead of spending your time ************ about someone not calling it west just **** ingore the the fact people say left because you already know they are talking about west anyway and just enjoy the game ffs

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

I'm amazed at the number of people that don't understand what East and West are. It's...shocking.

To the OP: Yeah, I know what you mean. Half the time someone says "left" and they mean "left of the spawn facing" and then the next person to say "left" means "left on the map" and heck, you don't know which type of person you're dealing with, do you? Of course not. It's not like we don't know what "left" is, we just don't know which "left" the person in question is talking about.

That's your definition. Other people might say it's left or right based on the map. Left and right will always be relative based on a particular position or reference point, east and west won't. Why make things more difficult than they have to be?

No, that's everyone's definition. If someone says left, they are referring to "left while facing forward inside the spawn."

YOU are the one who doesn't seem to understand this simple fact. YOU are trying to make things more difficult than they have to be. YOU seem like one of those people who would intentionally go to the wrong side just so they can start yelling at someone who said left.

Edited by EternalFinality

C'mon people. Left and right are subjective. Sometimes people mean left out of the rez point and sometimes they mean left on the map.

How about we grow up and use cardinal directions like intelligent adults. Use "INC WEST" so we don't have to decipher your subjective meaning

So what's the cardinal direction for CENTER or MIDDLE?

INC Equator?

INC Middle eastwest?

INC middle northsouth?

Since we all want to be "intelligent adults" that don't have situational awareness.....

You say that. However many times people (especially when coming from the north) say left as in east. Meaning once you spawn you head to the left

which if you don't understand it means coming south from the north and turning left means turning to the east

It doesn't matter if you mean left on the map or left direction out of spawn. East and West are absolute and need no explaining or subjective understanding.

Except what is the north for Republic is actually the south for the Imps in CW. So East for the Imps is actually West for the Republic. Your directions are not absolute. Left is always left and right is always right. If you can't grasp that then maybe you should go back to Kindergarten...

I personally like to confuse people who talk in General chat. If they call out mid or left, I yell that we need help at another point lol. Lots of fun. Left side is always the turret the far left speeder will take you to if you own that turret. Same with right.

I cant believe there are 13 pages of replies for this thread... and i Just contributed to it too. Obvioulsy left means west and right means east. I've never been in one warzone match in which teammates were confused about that.

*** people, lets not be retarded like OP

No, that's everyone's definition. If someone says left, they are referring to "left while inside the spawn."

EVERYONE? Really? You know EVERY single person on the planet and have polled them on this topic? That's impressive, well done!

...but really, you're full of it. The whole issue with "left" is that you don't know what the person saying "left" means unless you know which frame of reference they're using. I've seen people say "left" and mean east, or say "left" and mean west.

Doesn't help that on Alderaan, "left" from the spawn is different from "left" when you land with the speeder. =D

Nobody means left on the map, if they did they'd say west.

Unfortunately this isn't the case. On my server, playing empire side, I'd say it's a 50/50 split between people who say "left" based on spawn orientation, and those who say it based on map directions. Of the people who say it based on spawn, about 10 percent say it backwards because they have republic mains. Regardless, 100% of them are *********** idiots.

Here's a common scenario in civil war:

Idiot: INC LEFT

Idiot team: *Half go east, other half go west, mid left undefended if I'm not there*

Me: *leave warzone*

Judging by the amount of stupid replies in this thread, people here lose alot of warzones.

The problem is if you want your calls to mean anything you have to use the term that the most people will understand, not because its the most correct or it should be the term the people understand the most.

As a pub the relative directions are as if you were looking out at the map from your own spawn so left = west and right = east. Its probably the opposite if you are an Imp.

I dont see a problem using directional calls in Civil War, it may not be correct but its easy to understand. In Voidstar its a little different and I think you need to use an east west call.

The game designers could solve all of the by label objectives at least in Civil War. The issue is not as much which call is the most correct or makes the most sense, its getting everyone on the same page. Just because you have the most logic doesnt mean you can get everyone on the same page with your logic.

EVERYONE? Really? You know EVERY single person on the planet and have polled them on this topic? That's impressive, well done!

...but really, you're full of it. The whole issue with "left" is that you don't know what the person saying "left" means unless you know which frame of reference they're using. I've seen people say "left" and mean east, or say "left" and mean west.

Doesn't help that on Alderaan, "left" from the spawn is different from "left" when you land with the speeder. =D

Sorry, I'll rephrase - everyone who's not being intentionally dense means left or right from inside the spawn point.

If you are defending in voidstar, left means DROP DOWN FROM THE SPAWN AND TURN LEFT.

If you are in Alderan, left means TAKE THE LEFT SPEEDER, or WHEN YOU LAND IN THE MIDDLE, TURN LEFT.

Are there stupid people out there using other meanings? Of course. But not many of them.

Edited by EternalFinality

C'mon people. Left and right are subjective. Sometimes people mean left out of the rez point and sometimes they mean left on the map.

How about we grow up and use cardinal directions like intelligent adults. Use "INC WEST" so we don't have to decipher your subjective meaning

It's pretty simply. If you are somehwere and someone types inc and your place is secure, obviously you go to the other area under your team's control.

Empire typically use west and east because they enter the map *** backwards. It took some getting used to.

Republic say left and right because their spawn point is properly aligned with map.

Unfortunately this isn't the case. On my server, playing empire side, I'd say it's a 50/50 split between people who say "left" based on spawn orientation, and those who say it based on map directions. Of the people who say it based on spawn, about 10 percent say it backwards because they have republic mains. Regardless, 100% of them are *********** idiots.

Here's a common scenario in civil war:

Idiot: INC LEFT

Idiot team: *Half go east, other half go west, mid left undefended if I'm not there*

Me: *leave warzone*

Judging by the amount of stupid replies in this thread, people here lose alot of warzones.

So if you're at the center, you are somehow unable to reach the 2nd floor walkways and take a quick peek? It seems to me that you're placing an unnecessary amount of faith in "idiots" which begs a classic star wars quote:

"Who's more foolish? The fool, or the fool that follows him?"

A week or so ago I got yelled at for using the wrong "West" and "East" designations. I was basing it on the Voidstar map - which was apparently why I was wrong.

Several people in the group felt that North was the direction you were facing when you started and, as a result, the four cardinal directions changed depending on whether you were on offense or defense.

Generally this is how most people use "Left" and "Right" in Voidstar too. Left means "drop and go to your left" NOT "go to the left side of the map."

It's based on the map. It's always based on the map. If people can't read maps, they haven't been playing video games long enough.

They need to add an ability for the WZ leader to kick people out.

That's an idiot response, allowing 1 person control over who gets to stay in a WZ is idiotic.

Now allowing a voting system of 5 votes or more is more in-line with fairness.

Even suggesting what you said shows that you want control over people in a WZ, surprise: it is not YOUR group your mealy auto joined it randomly.

Except what is the north for Republic is actually the south for the Imps in CW. So East for the Imps is actually West for the Republic. Your directions are not absolute. Left is always left and right is always right. If you can't grasp that then maybe you should go back to Kindergarten...

....not sure if serious....

No matter which direction I'm facing, the west turret as in left when taking the central speeder, is allways shown on the left side of the map.
No. It. Is. Not.

If the ship you launch from is located on the NORHT side of the map. Then the LEFT speeder will take you to the EAST turret, not the WEST turret. Trust me on this one.

Both sides take the LEFT base. But only the side that launch from the SOUTH ship will go to the WEST base when going LEFT. The other team will go to the EAST base when going left (as they are assulting the map from the north).

Do i have to draw a picture before people understand the basic concept of north, south, east and west.

If you face NORTH then you will have WEST on your left hand side.

If you instead face SOUTH (as the other team will) then you will have EAST on your left hand side.

Common guys.. You learn this stuff before grade school... ;)

*facepalm*

ppl should just use East and West, too many people are divided on whether left and right are from the map or from your starting position. You can't argue on what east and West are, plus as an added bonus west will always BE west if you play on your Imp toon