"INC LEFT" That is not a good way to call INCs

VoidSpectre

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's...kinda easy ya know...

The big map faces...one way...The nodes in the top corner for Alderaan, are specific to that map.

The left icon is red? then it's the left turret that is being overrun...

simple...

the "left" icon is red might mean that (especially as empire coming from the north) that left out of spawn is red. that is also east because heading from north and turning left means going east

it might also mean that left when looking at a map (lol you don't know cardinal directions?) is left which is actually west

OR.........................

we can grow up and use cardinal directions(N, E, S. W) to describe our map positions like intelligent human beings.

The fact that this thread is 3 pages long already is a testament to how confusing the whole situation is. The best strategic verbage should be "Left" or "Right" referring to which speeder you should take from the base to get there, which is the same as which direction you need to turn if you land in the center.

Left = East.

Right = West.

This is normally what I've seen in warzones; sometimes people will get them mixed up, but this seems no less than people mixing up east/west.

sometimes true

you ever spawned on the north side? as every empire in alderaan or every defense in voidstar that can be backwards because they think left out the door

east and west never change.... EVER

I am a fan of east and west but often think left and right is easier for many people to understand. Especially the younger crowd. I have gone as far as to say other side and had it work since most if not all of a group just so happend to be on that other side so it was obvious to them what needed to happen.

What kind of weirdo uses left and right when reading a map? East/West when talking about the map, Left/Right from the spawn.

I never do. The people calling INCs do. Too many times they do

So I say grow up and use an east-west system like any competent map user

It's based on the map. It's always based on the map. If people can't read maps, they haven't been playing video games long enough.

They need to add an ability for the WZ leader to kick people out.

That Left/Right on the map not the spawn direction.

sometimes true

you ever spawned on the north side? as every empire in alderaan or every defense in voidstar that can be backwards because they think left out the door

east and west never change.... EVER

I did that on Voidstar and when west got planted, some people at east said "I WAS WEST OF WHERE WE COME OUT, ***"

They never change, but they are still perceived as changing by enough people.

Sadly there is no "easy fix"

Alderaan should be a "no brainer" here.

Look at the turret icons on you HUD. You have one in the center, one on the left, and one on the right.

It doesn't matter which way your character is facing, how you came out of the spawn or if it's 2 am on a Wednesday. The turrent icons on your HUD are always left/center/right. And those icons ALWAYS correspond to the same turrent on your map.

Most of my server has started using East/West and it's much, much less confusing, because you just never know what a person's frame of reference is when they're calling for help in Voidstar and using left/right. Half of my friends will use facing out of the spawn point when on defense, the other half use the upper map. East/West is simply universally correct and always better. Edited by vindianajones