Grapple's ok but Pommel Strike isn't?

Ronxz

As for the Harpoon to the fire in Huttball, yes, if I time it right, and stun them at the right time after the pull, I might get them dead in the fire. Force Push half my team on a bridge in Voidestar, and its a guaranteed half my team dead when they go over the edge. The only thing you have to do is make sure your standing the the right spot when you hit the button.

If half of your team is getting pushed off by a single jugg, you need a new team. Super buggy random direction single target push on a 1 min cd... it is rare to get more than 1 chance to knock off ledge per voidstar. The teams I fight never stand on the bridges all game, you should try it sometime.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If half of your team is getting pushed off by a single jugg, you need a new team. Super buggy random direction single target push on a 1 min cd... it is rare to get more than 1 chance to knock off ledge per voidstar. The teams I fight never stand on the bridges all game, you should try it sometime.

The direction is very consistent when I play on my Jugg. Sounds like you have latency issues.

It's always pushing them the opposite direction of your facing.

Every class has a "pommel strike"

Knight: Pommel Strike

Consular: Tumult

Trooper: Riot Strike?

Smuggler: ???

Different name, different flavor, same ability. Your class is not getting your damage screwed, all classes are not getting the use of a questing tool.

I believe the Smuggler equivalent is Cheap Shot.

Ok, I just got pulled once again into the fire trap by grapple, stunned immediately, and died. While I can accept giving powertechs a one shot kill in huttball I can't understand why you won't let Juggernauts have two of our highest DPS abilities? Savage Kick AND Pommel Strike are apparently overpowered but grapple, which gives powertechs a for certain kill, isn't? Sorcerer and Sniper damage is apparently in danger by two juggernaut DPS skills? Seriously, give us our DPS abilities!

Ok, lets clear up some confusion here.

Every class has a big 45sec cool down PvE hit that only works in PvE. If you give the Juggy Pommel Strike, then you need to give that Powertech Shoulder Slam, and I assure you, you do not want that.

You want to compare Grapple? then let us compare the Jug's ability to basically fly across the whole board with the ball? Intercede up to an ally, force push the guy coming up the ramp and he lands in the endzone, then charge him to score...How about we remove all that, and we will take away the Grapple that works effectively in one WZ.

You really have no grasp how classes are designed do you? Please compare the proper aspects of the game to each other, instead of saying 'That guy has a Blue Shirt!!! I feel left out because I have green socks (not mentioning you have a cooler blue shirt)!'....what does socks have to do with shirts?...nothing.

To "one shot" with grapple in Huttball, you have to:

- Have 17 points in the tanking tree to add the stun to grapple, which gimps your dps.

*Or*

- You have to blow grapple (45 sec cd, 35 talented) *and* your 1 min cd stun(50 sec talented) together.

While it is certainly fun (for the BH) and I used the crap out of it at level 22 when I trained grapple, good players will save it for pulling ball carriers or their healers/guards off the bridges or for peeling for their teammates.

Don't forget the skill is bugged to hell and a good chunk of the time it fails to pull the enemy to your location or they fly up in the air and land halfway to you or it doesn't even move them at all (even without resolve coming into play).

Also, it is Huttball. Cheating is encouraged. The acid pits and fire are not there for aesthetic pleasure. I do disagree with pulling ball carriers into your spawn for insta death. They should die, of course, but they should get a point for crossing the goal line.

Last I checked, pulling the ball carrier OVER the line to the shield zone was a goal first and then a dead player. And I thought they patched this one out anyway didnt they?

As for the Harpoon to the fire in Huttball, yes, if I time it right, and stun them at the right time after the pull, I might get them dead in the fire. Force Push half my team on a bridge in Voidestar, and its a guaranteed half my team dead when they go over the edge. The only thing you have to do is make sure your standing the the right spot when you hit the button.

You are confused as to what class is killing you. Probably merc as push only effects 1 person and it's on a longer cd

You are confused as to what class is killing you. Probably merc as push only effects 1 person and it's on a longer cd

You are correct, I was thinking of Overload on my Sorc. All enemies knocked back. My bad for having one wrong detail there, corrected now.

Grapple/Harpoon are single target, pull to you, given to tanks to pull mobs back to them and off thier support. 45 second cooldown, doesn't work on targets in cover. Generated high threat. Again, a tank tool designed for PvE use but has the ability to be used to put people in hazards when playing Huttball. Once every 45 seconds if you hit it right, dont have any higher constructs between you and your target (yes if you harpoon someone and have a walkway above you and the target, they will go up, and land on the walkway not at your feet), and then you have to time you stun effect at the right second to get the kill in the hazards. There is no stun effect on this power, and since you cant stand in the fire youreself when you do it, all then need to do is walk 2 feet and they are out unless you time the cooldown on your stun along with this one.:o

Edited by Kabeorn

• 3 weeks later...
Just got to spend another match carrying the ball only to get pulled into a fire trap and stunned by powertechs and assassins. Seriously, bioware stopped them from pulling you into an insta-kill with the graveyards, why are they allowed to do it to us in fire traps? I'm not saying ban the ability entirely, just that it needs to be grayed out for hutball where it becomes an instant kill ability.

Just got to spend another match carrying the ball only to get pulled into a fire trap and stunned by powertechs and assassins. Seriously, bioware stopped them from pulling you into an insta-kill with the graveyards, why are they allowed to do it to us in fire traps? I'm not saying ban the ability entirely, just that it needs to be grayed out for hutball where it becomes an instant kill ability.

Because if they did that all we would have is 1 distance closer, one that we have to specifically spec for?

You're only focused on the negative side of that grapple....your death. You also state one of the key benefits of having a Powertech in the group. That grapple comes in handy when sorcs want to bubble + force sprint through fire with the ball or when a jugg force leaps to some idiot standing on the endzone ledge.

I'm not a Powertech. If the grapple is unusable in Huttball, make it so that force sprint, leaps, pulls, etc. are also out. Let everyone be as gimp my sniper running a ball. That way there is no need for a defensive "get back here" move.

Because it is part of the game. Maybe your side should stun that guy before he can grapple you.

I guess they should ban the power tech completely as they have the skill that doesn't allow them to be pulled, has force walk for 8 seconds and can grapple....

Sorc can pull their own team across the line, so I guess that should be banned too.

Force leap should be banned too?

What you want is a game where you can score at will that takes no skill or teamwork.

^ this. good luck using push to do anything other than knock someone off the top ledges, which is extremely useful.

But if you think you are going to push someone to a specific spot, go try it.

OMG NO! You mean one of your cc abilities is affected by the thing which effects all cc abilities! WHYYYYYYY!!!

granted i have not used either of those abilities since i was under 50 because they dont work on anything that does not die in one shot anyways. But at the time they really did not hit very hard. Maybe as hard as a scream if they crit.

If you gave me the choice between getting 1 cc ability and giving up those two abilities forever, it would not even be remotely close. Add to that that it is grapple, one of the best cc abilities in the huttball arena?

I wont complain that other classes get grapple, i could reroll PT if i wanted to. But please dont complain that grapple is not good enough, or that *gasp* it is negated by resolve

They weren't complaining that grapple isn't good enough... they were merely commenting to the OP that it isn't amazing.

It's one skill, with a 45 second (35 specced) CD, it bugs from time to time. It's the definition skill for PT/Vguards. Trading one cc that is good in 2 situations in Huttball for 2 dps skills that would do 2-3k+ damage when fully geared is a bit stupid if you ask me.

Eitherway, class skill differences is a good thing, it allows you to adapt to different classes - it provides a CHALLENGE. If this cc didn't exist what would be the bet that you'd comment on Consular/Inquisitors speed boost and how this allows those classes to score within a minute?

Killing someone in acid is pretty difficult unless the player that is being pulled is under-geared or if they player being pulled does not know what they are doing.

We can grapple ONE player into a pit and MAYBE kill them in huttball but you can knockback MULTIPLE players to their death in Voidstar at the bridge. If they fall off the bridge it is a guaranteed death, if I grapple someone into the pits it is not.

I don't see what you are complaining about.

If anything, I think they need to increase the damage in the pits or make it damage by percentage rather than a static damage for everyone.

I've seen 25k HP Tanks just walk through them or even live through a full firepit. Players able to speed through pits is also an issue.

Ok, I just got pulled once again into the fire trap by grapple, stunned immediately, and died. While I can accept giving powertechs a one shot kill in huttball I can't understand why you won't let Juggernauts have two of our highest DPS abilities? Savage Kick AND Pommel Strike are apparently overpowered but grapple, which gives powertechs a for certain kill, isn't? Sorcerer and Sniper damage is apparently in danger by two juggernaut DPS skills? Seriously, give us our DPS abilities!

Why aren't you comparing this to Shoulder Slam, which is exactly like your Savage Kick and can't be used in PvP either?

Instead, you picked a completely unrelated ability that isn't remotely similar in any way, shape, or form.

Every class has a "pommel strike"

Knight: Pommel Strike

Consular: Tumult

Trooper: Riot Strike?

Smuggler: ???

Different name, different flavor, same ability. Your class is not getting your damage screwed, all classes are not getting the use of a questing tool.

Cheapshot for up close, we get headshot which is a ranged one later.

I have immunity to grapple. Called leet sauce cover. However, cover is so borked I've been grappled while "apparently" in cover.

Who knows given this interfaces bugs. I can be in cover hunkered down and get knocked out of cover and cc'd.

So yea grapple has issues.

So does cover. So does everything. It appears to me most classes are finding huge hey this don't work in the classes.

I like my immunity. It doesn't provide any immunity. I cast it I think just for fun.

I have immunity to grapple. Called leet sauce cover. However, cover is so borked I've been grappled while "apparently" in cover.

Who knows given this interfaces bugs. I can be in cover hunkered down and get knocked out of cover and cc'd.

So yea grapple has issues.

So does cover. So does everything. It appears to me most classes are finding huge hey this don't work in the classes.

I like my immunity. It doesn't provide any immunity. I cast it I think just for fun.

I like it best when I grapple the enemy ball carrier down into the pit. He is pulled into the pit.

He runs around, and I hit him a couple times.

Suddenly he teleports back to where I pulled him from and scores, w/ no one else around to pull him or jump to.

....wat?

Pommel Strike wouldn't work anyway.

Players are classified as Elite+ (forget the term for the blasted things) while all of these abilities only work on incapacitated weak/standard mobs.

Also, everybody complains about Grapple, but Tanksins have the exact same ability...

Grapple is also only an "instant kill" in Huttball, and Huttball alone, under special circumstances (fire/acid.)

The best use is baiting someone to push you off the bridge in Voidstar, and once over the edge hitting grapple and pulling them with you. Watching that in action is priceless.:D

Oldest Obsticle on the course.

Besides by the low key whining you have never ran into Keevan Vass of the Krath server. This guy will pwn entire teams with grapple and the acid traps.

A few of the better 'ball carriers' just hate when he joins a match and they wont even touch the ball because they know death is not far behind.

This guy will win your huttball match without ever crossing the 'midline'. Is it cause grapple is OP? nope he just a good player.

Edited by WutsInAName