The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

you guys complain a lot

Mongrul

I agree, people complain a lot. Too much, really... but at the same time, we are paying customers and we do expect that our money should be well spent. When there are glaring bugs, imbalances, exploits, etc. in the game, we have a right to voice our concerns. If you're not ok with that, that's one thing... but if Bioware doesn't listen, that's another issue entirely.

People think programming a game is something like showing up to your office with a blank white board, reading forums, and making a list of things to fix. The way it is now, I'd wager Bioware's "To-do list" is thousands of items long, and they don't just reset overnight like a daily mission (!!!).

Or, you know, they could up the sub price to 20-25 bucks a month, hire more people, make the whiners even more mad (I mean, looks how problems I've come up with!) and generally ruin it for everyone else.

I'd rather spend 15 bucks a month and some patience.

People think programming a game is something like showing up to your office with a blank white board, reading forums, and making a list of things to fix. The way it is now, I'd wager Bioware's "To-do list" is thousands of items long, and they don't just reset overnight like a daily mission (!!!).

Or, you know, they could up the sub price to 20-25 bucks a month, hire more people, make the whiners even more mad (I mean, looks how problems I've come up with!) and generally ruin it for everyone else.

I'd rather spend 15 bucks a month and some patience.

This just isn't true, making small nerfs & buffs is extremely easy, they're adressing "problems" that aren't even problems (See the jedi shadow "fix" that came out yesterday).

Instead of that maybe they could do something about ranged classes over performing in wzs.

do you do this in real life too?

Lmao, it's so true.

Sucks that people are so unhappy with a good game, as if every game comes perfect right out the box.

Hopefully they're not too unhappy in real life...probably are...I weep for them.

No wait, I don't.

This just isn't true, making small nerfs & buffs is extremely easy, they're adressing "problems" that aren't even problems (See the jedi shadow "fix" that came out yesterday).

Instead of that maybe they could do something about ranged classes over performing in wzs.

Yeah uh-huh, and when they do that, they get flamed for not doing something else. This isn't about "feedback", this is about whining. Like a neurotic housewife, you take out the garbage, she complains you didn't do the dishes. You do the dishes, she complains you didn't fix the porch railing. You fix the porch-railing, she complains you didn't make a million dollars.

do you do this in real life too?

people have the right to complain they invested in a broken game thats not even worth using the cd's as tea coasters at the moment. the game isnt even beta worthy its just shambles.

the game was slapped and rushed together to hit that deadline and its just utter chaos.

what fragments of the game that arnt broken right now are amazing but the condition its in is poor

you wouldnt buy half a tv or a broken tv at the price of a new one

you wouldnt ask to buy a cola and get just the cup

see my point ?

people have the right to complain they invested in a broken game thats not even worth using the cd's as tea coasters at the moment. the game isnt even beta worthy its just shambles.

the game was slapped and rushed together to hit that deadline and its just utter chaos.

what fragments of the game that arnt broken right now are amazing but the condition its in is poor

see my point ?

cool opinions there. cya around

people have the right to complain they invested in a broken game thats not even worth using the cd's as tea coasters at the moment. The game isnt even beta worthy its just shambles.

The game was slapped and rushed together to hit that deadline and its just utter chaos.

What fragments of the game that arnt broken right now are amazing but the condition its in is poor

see my point ?

qq moar

I agree, people complain a lot. Too much, really... but at the same time, we are paying customers and we do expect that our money should be well spent. When there are glaring bugs, imbalances, exploits, etc. in the game, we have a right to voice our concerns. If you're not ok with that, that's one thing... but if Bioware doesn't listen, that's another issue entirely.

Someone sounds like they were trained for a career in politics. ;)

Yeah uh-huh, and when they do that, they get flamed for not doing something else. This isn't about "feedback", this is about whining. Like a neurotic housewife, you take out the garbage, she complains you didn't do the dishes. You do the dishes, she complains you didn't fix the porch railing. You fix the porch-railing, she complains you didn't make a million dollars.

Nobody was complaining about how overpowered hybrid shadows were, because they weren't overpowered.

It was pointless, and goes against your idea that it's incredibly difficult for them to program changes in the game. It isn't that hard, they just aren't for whatever reason.

For a game with a supposedly dedicated PVP team and weekly patches, I suggest people are allocated the levels of disappointment exhibited on these forums. The more pertinent question is why do complaints make you sad?

Because every QQ is about the same exact thing, and every scrub who dies in a WZ (OH NO DEADED? THIS ISN'T FAIR!) comes over to the forums and posts the same exact crap over and over and over again. You can't criticize the idea of criticism when you criticize and then attempt to use it as a shield against criticism!

Is there something wrong with complaining about an issue? No.

Is there something wrong with spamming the forums with a subject that is deader than a horse? Yes.