Disappointed by the size of the "fat" female option.

Gimpulse

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think body type 1 isn't meant to represent some super skinny person, but instead be more like a teenager type. Body type 4 is the body americans thought was perfect back in the 60's, I.E. Marilyn Monroe. Body type 2 is more like today's conventional model type and what people perceive as what women should look like. Body type 3 is just your typical body builder. Edited by genesiser

I think anything fatter then currently available is considered the HUTT class...maybe in an upcoming expac you can be a HUTT....I mean sure play a toon where instead of actually questing, you just send companions on quests for you...sounds fun.....maybe they can contact you via holos to show you some sights too...

oh and order pizza all day too :)

Yeah, I agree that the curvy option for women is not fat, just average woman curvy. I love those big dudes running around with their pot bellies n' stuff. Just like in real life!!! <3 ;P

Well? Then there's the fact that most of the early sith side companions (Vette, Mako, Kaliyo) are anorexic twigs that look like if they tried to lift one of their toothpick arms or legs, it'd snap off. I especially don't like my tank women to look like they can't take a hit without falling over, because they haven't eaten a sammich in the past forever, dagnabbit. :D

I think they should remove the giant HULK SMASH women body type (third body option) and put in a real big girl option. Ba boom! I'll name mine Bertha and she'll be awesomesauce and beat things up, y0. Trooths!

Edited by Anomini

Yeah, I agree that the curvy option for women is not fat, just average woman curvy. I love those big dudes running around with their pot bellies n' stuff. Just like in real life!!! <3 ;P

Well? Then there's the fact that most of the early sith side companions (Vette, Mako, Kaliyo) are anorexic twigs that look like if they tried to lift one of their toothpick arms or legs, it'd snap off. I especially don't like my tank women to look like they can't take a hit without falling over, because they haven't eaten a sammich in the past forever, dagnabbit. :D

I think they should remove the giant HULK SMASH women body type and put in a real big girl option. I'll name mine Bertha and she'll be awesomesauce and beat things up, y0. Trooths!

Type 1 looks anorexic because of the way the face changes compared to type 2, and type 2 does not really look anorexic. As I said before many female athletes look thin but it's just because their muscles are very compact and they have little excess fat.

The problem is that the arms and legs on both males and females look somewhat unnatural. Granted I guess it's part of the "stylized" look of the game, but it's still rather comic-bookish. It's worse for the male models.

Oh no.

Right after not sitting in cantina chairs and lack of female toons kissing female toons this issue of female avatars not being fat enough is killing my game experience.

The day I can roll a 400 pound chick trooper, meet my girlfriend at the cantina and crush a chair when I got to sit on it is the day my SWTOR experience is complete.

I'd doubt anyone could do all the running around on the starter planets and leave fat.

Want to be fat in game? I'd better not see you running around anywhere.

Ultimately, there's nothing 'heroic' about being fat outside Japan and thus, isn't a player option.

Edited by stem

This times two.

I was hoping to make a fat chick or two for some of my characters once I saw there was a fat dude option. When I saw what the chick option was it was pretty disappointing. If anything I'd say it's thick but not really fat... look at that waist!

In fairness, all of the female waists are kind of ridiculous. That was the main reason I didn't pick body type 3 for my Trooper character--when I took a good look at it in game, I realized that there was absolutely no way that size 4 waist could support that massive upper body.

I'm not super-happy with what BioWare's character modelers came up with for their version of the stylized female form.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

I wouldn't even call the 4th male body option "Fat". Yes, its very large, but it's more the NFL Linebacker build, not just some fat guy who ate and watched tv his whole life, and had an escalator put in his house so he wouldn't have to walk up stairs.

I wouldn't even call the 4th male body option "Fat". Yes, its very large, but it's more the NFL Linebacker build, not just some fat guy who ate and watched tv his whole life, and had an escalator put in his house so he wouldn't have to walk up stairs.

Linebacker looks like body 2. The best case scenario for body 4 is heavyweight powerlifter. But it's pretty much just fat. Not morbidly obese 500+ pounds, but 300+ range on a <6' frame.

Linebacker looks like body 2. The best case scenario for body 4 is heavyweight powerlifter. But it's pretty much just fat. Not morbidly obese 500+ pounds, but 300+ range on a <6' frame.

I always considered the 3rd body type like a running back, 4 a linebacker. 2 always seemed like the average body size for men and 1 is like a shut-in that hasn't pick up a dumb-bell in his life.

There is no way a linebacker is option 2.

Seriously, a linebacker would squash option 2!!

There is no way a linebacker is option 2.

Seriously, a linebacker would squash option 2!!

Haha whups I meant the big and tall one - type 3.

Type 4, to steal words from others, looks like a porky SW convention geek trying to fit into the costumes.

So I like how your example of a game that caters to women has the 'Barbie' name on it. You realize that Barbie is the centerpiece of sexist, outdated, literally impossible body and social ideals? Why in the hell would you use that as an example of a good game for a women?

I mean I know the answer, it's because you can't actually think of a relevant example of what we *should* play if we want to play a game with a more realistic body image for us, but I still think it's hilarious that you went for it anyway.

Surely you've at least once been in the same room as a woman who hasn't undergone 3 hours of airbrushing?

Your wrong. You keep trying to say what normal girls are like, and that nobody looks like the thin models you see on tv/pictures, problem is that they do. Maybe wherever you live most people are overweight? Ive no idea.

Where I live theres a lot of overweight people, but theres still a good 40%of women who could be described as having that "perfect" body type, and be honest, I know which id rather look at.

And also, it isnt just luck, the gyms ive worked at ive seen a lot of overweight people come in, and after a few months they look a hell of a lot more attractive than they did to start with, its called looking after theirself.

Maybe wherever you live most people are overweight? Ive no idea.

Where I live theres a lot of overweight people, but theres still a good 40%of women who could be described as having that "perfect" body type, and be honest, I know which id rather look at.

Quoted for the truth.

Ill be honest, without looking up where anyone is from, ill put money on it that the people going on about 'fat' being normal are suburban/ crap city livers, whereas people from 'fashionable' cities tend to have a high proportion of people who look after themselves.