Quitting Warzones b/c of low level players

iheartnyc

How doy you feel about this? You know, when you enter the warzone and most of your team is < lvl 20 and you even see a couple of lvl10s in there.

Obviously, does not apply to Lvl50s.

well i found it much more annoying when i was 13 entering a wz with my sage and at the end i was nr 1 in dmg, nr 1 in kills, nr 2 in heals and nr 4 in dying (less) while also was contributing to our win (fullfilling the various wz tasks).

it scared me how dump the many other people had to be with there more talent points spent but yet failing so bad.

yes i admit at first i felt like you did. but meanwhile the incompetence of of most people i see in pvp is much more annoying than having lowies in my team.

edit: but Vember is correct. this is much harder for a melee class. but yet my sentinel was still on the top 4 on kills and dmg when he was in the early 10s. when you face noobs you can own with any class eve at level 1x ;)

Edited by me_unknown

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for an explantion why sprint is the 'important' skill. I was glad when I got it, sure, made running to the right or left torrent in civil war slightly less of an annoyance, but I was smart enough not to be the first one running there anyway (I still don't usually, since I sneak around to check out what's going on to tell my team :p.. which is definitely something a below lvl 20 can do...)

maybe it's just me, though, because I prefer playing as a team and not .just. worry about how many medals I get. I'm happy enough with getting defender medals, even

I don't go til 14/sprint, and I would generally prefer if people waited til then also, but ultimately, a lot of it does come down to skill. Not having your abilities is certainly a handicap, but players with just a few abilities will still be able to do their role.

And honestly, once you get around 18, you have enough abilities to play competantly. The other day I earned the enmity of a lvl 45 assassin by stomping him 3 times on my lvl 19 vanguard, and he was top damage, kills, and medals on his team (and only died 3 times!).

You'd be surprised at how well an experienced player can perform with a lowbie, they're often underestimated by the 40+s.

On my Gunslinger I just rolled up, I have always been in the top 5 damage dealers in the warzone since level 10. Some classes may not be that effective from the start, but a Gunslinger can start pumping out the damage right away.

The bolster system works pretty well.

It can't make up for the skill/abilities difference though. Some AC's and specs are really lacking till they get that Magic Ability later on. Healers suck a lot of wind here.

Some specs and classes are very tough at level 10, some need a few (dozen) levels to get their groove. Same argument to AC swapping since you need to be in your 30s to get a feel for some classes (Concealment OP).

I'm still waiting for an explantion why sprint is the 'important' skill. I was glad when I got it, sure, made running to the right or left torrent in civil war slightly less of an annoyance, but I was smart enough not to be the first one running there anyway (I still don't usually, since I sneak around to check out what's going on to tell my team :p.. which is definitely something a below lvl 20 can do...)

maybe it's just me, though, because I prefer playing as a team and not .just. worry about how many medals I get. I'm happy enough with getting defender medals, even

Sprint is an important skill for many reasons. Huttball is the most useful.

When a ranged casts slow on you or is kiting you sprint helps get there to get in melee distance.

If you want to run away from a melee sprint is great.

I don't know how many times sprint has saved me by allowing me to run to the health item before dying.

I just play it out personally, but I will say that yesterday for instance on Imp side, I queued for 8 straight WZ's where a majority of the team was 25 or less and we were rolled almost every time. I think I only had a total of 7 other 40+s in all those games combined on my team. So yes, sometimes you get someone with skill that can hang at lower levels, but yesterday wasnt one of those days for me for sure. Im at 47.

How doy you feel about this? You know, when you enter the warzone and most of your team is < lvl 20 and you even see a couple of lvl10s in there.

Actually it does apply to lvl 50s! When you have a team with lots of 0-100 expertise players with names you don't recognize and then you see "UBER GUILD 1337" Battlemasters head your way.

and smaller developed skill tree, ****** gear, maybe less experience in PvP.

There are people rolling alts after their 50 pvp experience went down the drain with the gear gap. So not every lowbie will have bad pvp experience.

Gear doesn't make that huge of a difference in the Bolstered setting. Unless you're going in naked.

So other than the trees, there's some good footing from the lowbies if played well. I've had no problems wreaking havoc with my 20s alts (Commando, Shadow).

Bolstering is dumb because many classes just take 30 or so levels to get most of their class defining abilities, if not more. 10s have as much right to PVP as 49s, you just can't reconcile the differences between the power of these two levels without splitting them up.

I don't have a problem going into matches with lowbies. Heck I routinely outperform my own level 43 JK Sentinel when I play PvP on my lvl 14 Commando. First match in with my Commando I did 160K plus damage and got 34 kills and it was much easier than doing the same with my lvl 43 Sentinel.

It's how the game is. If you were republic queing with say, a 40-49 bracket, the wait would be 30 min. or more most likely.

This way, you can get in 2-3 games in the time you'd spend waiting for just 1. Aside from that, on my level 19 Commando I pretty much win every Voidstar or Civil War I run because of my abilities to spam area of effect attacks. If we lose it's because teams have figured out that the need to focus me even though I'm low.

Sprint is an important skill for many reasons. Huttball is the most useful.

When a ranged casts slow on you or is kiting you sprint helps get there to get in melee distance.

If you want to run away from a melee sprint is great.

I don't know how many times sprint has saved me by allowing me to run to the health item before dying.

you cant use sprint while in combat ;)

we are not talking about force speed

The defining factor is still being properly geared. Doesn't matter what level you are, a character with even-level gear is generally going to beat a character with under-level gear -- regardless of who has more clickies, and all other factors being even (skill, terrain, tactical advantage, &c). A level 40 with newly acquired level 40 PVP gear can easily crush a level 45 who hasn't upgraded since level 40.

For that matter, a level 20 with full level 20 pvp gear can also crush that level 45 who hasn't upgraded.

The bolster effect is much better for those with even-level gear than for those whose gear is old.

Gear matters more than a lot of people realize.

Oddly never been a problem on my server since the 10-49 split. Its pretty standard that we have more than one character in the teens and still tend to steamroll Imperials. Sorry to hear that this negative behavior is a standard on your server, it should get resolved when/if a penalty is added for quitting WZ.

I exclusively PvP level all of my characters, save for doing the main quest. In 10-49, level doesn't matter so much. It certainly helps, but it is not game breaking. On early blooming classes such as the BH/Trooper (both AC's) and the Consular/Inquisitor, I was usually doing fine by level 14. For example, at level 14 on my Powertech it was not uncommon for me to do 250k damage in one match. This was typically more damage than almost all of the 30's and 40's on my team.

On my Juggernaut and Scoundrel, late blooming classes, I was not as good at early levels but still managed to hold on my own. Even at level 14 for both of those, lacking many abilities, I was still managing to top damage dealt a good portion of the time.

In 10-49 warzones, while advantageous to be a higher level (assuming your gear is up to date for bolster), it is not necessary to be in the 30's and 40's. This is incredibly true for early blooming classes. It is more about skill than 50 warzones.