Huttball: Don't pass me the ball!

Thuull

Snipers do very well in Mid. The flash grenade is an amazing tool though. I made a Gunslinger (troopers get AE stun as well) because it looked so powerfull.

That ability used at the right time can win games for you. It's that powerful. Should it be nerfed? HELL NO. Effective Ability does not equal nerf. Many miss that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That ability used at the right time can win games for you. It's that powerful. Should it be nerfed? HELL NO. Effective Ability does not equal nerf. Many miss that.

Flash bang is an 8-second aoe stun. No stun should last 8 seconds. The cap for any stun in the game should be 4 seconds.

You have to help to get them to the scoring area first. Chasing their rear providing well timed leg shots/flash grenades is imperitive and because we are doing this at range it is quite easy to get back to mid quite fast.

touche

you know what you're doing, move along

passing the ball tot ank/snipers/slinger shouldn't be allowed.

Throw Mercs in there as well. We have no real movement abilities to help. Just one CC break. No sprint. No jump. We are better running interference for the ball carrier than being the ball carrier. Juggernaut and Assassin tanks make better ballcarriers than Mercs.

Flash bang is an 8-second aoe stun. No stun should last 8 seconds. The cap for any stun in the game should be 4 seconds.

It's a mez, not a stun. If it lasts for the full 8 seconds, than the other team showed incredible restraint and coordination.

And dont pass it to me either.

Any good Sage in Huttball is doing one of 3 things:

1) getting in position to pull you up on a ramp out of the ******** you are in

2) Supporting the Ball carrier, with Force Shield and Heals

3) Both 1 & 2 above

Notice I did not mention DPS'ing or spamming non-ball carrying foozles, if you see a Sage DPS'ing non-ball carriers in a Huttball, they are Bads, the class with one of the highest utilities should be running offensive or defensive support in Huttball 4tW....period.

So no don't turn around and pass me the ball if I am close to you and at full health, it means I just burned pretty much all my globals to reach you to throw a bubble on you and spam heals, which means I got no defenses, and you targeted.....so when you pass the ball to a Sage supporting you nearby, we will die, as soon as we are focus fired. Some dirty OP or Sorc (because they are jealous types) has probably been beating on me anyway.

Which reminds me, if you are an Op or Sorc and you are chasing around a Sage (and you think they might be full balance spec, you'll have an idea because you are chasing them and not dropping them and they seem to be ignoring you, and it's pissing you off so you are chasing them) this is a bad idea....you'll get the point after the Dot's start ticking...

Pass me the ball if: 1) You see me and I am far away and haven't pulled you to me (rescue is on cooldown) and we are on the enemy teams ramps. 2) I am in the endzone and you are coming down the enemy ramp toward the goal and I havent pulled you to me for a score (Rescue on cooldown or I am having targeting issues)

But yeah, dont pass me the ball, unless I am far away is the best rule

3) Both 1 & 2 above

Notice I did not mention DPS'ing or spamming non-ball carrying foozles, if you see a Sage DPS'ing non-ball carriers in a Huttball, they are Bads, the class with one of the highest utilities should be running offensive or defensive support in Huttball 4tW....period.

So no don't turn around and pass me the ball if I am close to you and at full health, it means I just burned pretty much all my globals to reach you to throw a bubble on you and spam heals, which means I got no defenses, and you targeted.....so when you pass the ball to a Sage supporting you nearby, we will die, as soon as we are focus fired. Some dirty OP or Sorc (because they are jealous types) has probably been beating on me anyway.

Which reminds me, if you are an Op or Sorc and you are chasing around a Sage (and you think they might be full balance spec, you'll have an idea because you are chasing them and not dropping them and they seem to be ignoring you, and it's pissing you off so you are chasing them) this is a bad idea....you'll get the point after the Dot's start ticking...

Pass me the ball if: 1) You see me and I am far away and haven't pulled you to me (rescue is on cooldown) and we are on the enemy teams ramps. 2) I am in the endzone and you are coming down the enemy ramp toward the goal and I havent pulled you to me for a score (Rescue on cooldown or I am having targeting issues)

Um, forgive me if I'm wrong but don't shield + run speed boost with knockbacks if anything catches up make you an ideal person to quickly take the ball into the endzone?

Sages are amazing in Huttball :S

Edited by Beelzebubs

Um, forgive me if I'm wrong but don't shield + run speed boost with knockbacks if anything catches up make you an ideal person to quickly take the ball into the endzone?

Sages are amazing in Huttball :S

Especially when Guarded.

/see wut I did thar?

Never pass me the ball I failed my jedi training and cut of my hands

lmao very very nice quote same here nvr pass me the ball either. I would rather rain hell upon my enemies in huttball since as a ranged player i like taking advantage of the catwalks but again don't pass it to me.

If I am about ready to die with a sliver of health and three people on me and you (tank, sage, slinger, scoundrel, etc.) are the only around I WILL pass it to you. I figure you are smart enough to mezz/stun and run then try to pass it when you can.

I have a low level sorc as an alt (26) and I find that if I can get in position and bubble and speed boost at the right time before the fire hits I can do good at scoring, YMMV.

Edited by Xphantom

classes who suck at running the ball:

operative, sniper, mercenary

As a Sniper...if I have someone healing me a little...I can run the ball fairly well. Of course, no where near as good as some other classes, but enough to make a difference.

We have a damage mitigation shield probe that has a short CD as well as the ability to dodge 100% of attacks for 3 seconds (1 min CD). However, I can drop down and knockback everyone around me and root them in place every 20 seconds...which is wonderful while on the catwalks.

Add that to our already good CC...and we do alright.

Edited by StrandtheMan

As a Sniper...if I have someone healing me a little...I can run the ball fairly well. Of course, no where near as good as some other classes, but enough to make a difference.

We have a damage mitigation shield probe that is just has a short CD as well as the ability to dodge 100% of attacks for 3 seconds (1 min CD). However, I can drop down and knockback everyone around me and root them in place every 20 seconds...which is wonderful while on the catwalks.

Add that to our already good CC...and we do alright.

The damage shield can be useful but I believe the dodge only effects ranged attacks from other gunslingers it never seems to work against melee for me.

Edited by Beelzebubs

3) Both 1 & 2 above

I support this.

And for the love of God, please don't pass it if:

1) you have just seen me use sprint! contrary to some OP threads it does have a CD...

2) more than one of the other team is near

especially if BOTH of the above apply

The damage shield can be useful but I believe the dodge only effects ranged attacks from other gunslingers it never seems to work against melee for me.

No...it just works on normal melee and ranged attacks. Anything force or tech related still hits. Don't get me wrong, it's not that helpful and should be buffed to actually protect from all damage. That would be nice. Heck...you could even give it a twice as long CD and I wouldnt mind. :)

Tanks who guard me instead of running ahead when everybody else is also not running ahead are the most annoying thing ever :/ Keeping the ball for too long is not how you win this game.

or when I run ahead and the ball carrier is going to slowly creep toward me while getting beat on instead of passing...

QFT. The absolute worst thing you can do is pass to your Operative healer. We're already public enemy #1 on account of being a healer, so it's safe to assume we have at least two enemies beating on us at all times, and on top of that we're an incredibly squishy class with the worst Huttball utility in the game (no knockback, no pull, no leap, no sprint - unless you count the 20% 3 second speed boost every 45 seconds that we can talent into).

Obviously, if you have no other options available and you think the person can move the ball forward, go for it. But even then, in some cases it's better to just chuck the ball into the middle of nowhere so it resets in the middle, rather than handing the enemy team the ball by passing to a poor carrier.

One of the best ball carriers I have seen is an Op healer...

Guy grabs the ball everytime, runs to the pit and waits for someone to get to the ledge. He'll have over half the enemy team beating on him in the meantime.

Honestly most of the time people complaining about getting the ball are guys who would rather be deathmatching and ignoring the objectives. Assuming people didn't pass you the ball to spite you, usually they're doing it because you're either closer to goal, or they're about to die. Even the least ideal class for running the ball is still better than someone who is at 20% health holding the ball.

I had a game where a Sorc and I was deep in enemy territory and I have 20% health, I passed the ball to the Sorc and he threw it away immediately because he was a healer and we lost the on a tie 1-1 tie, and that was one of our better opportunities to score.

Granted, sometimes people pass you the ball so they can continue deathmatching, but usually guys who are doing that will rarely be in good position to run, so it's still likely a forward-moving process.

Your post really shines in the pool of rants out there. I applaud the effort to spread wisdom instead of trolling away.

Tank is a job better done while off the radar. You wont get recognized by players but the engine actually cares about you ...