Reader's Digest: 50 THINGS (your healer won't tell you)

Mirdthestrill

We interviewed Healers all around the country, from professional gamers to just-subscribed noobs, from Operatives to Combat Medics, and came up with Yellow-parallel full of the things that would be flooding the chat if Healers knew you couldn't hear.

EDIT: 1. Why won't you use your out-of-combat heal when we're just standing around? I'm here to keep you alive, not make life easy for you. This isn't rocket science.

Edited by Mirdthestrill

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're wondering why you always die in PvP when I'm around, it probably means that I decided you're not a good enough player to be worth keeping alive and I am healing someone else instead!

My original song/video: "Ode to Corso" on

. View the original thread here. I hate that guy.

Melyn Meron, sawbones scoundrel, Vrook Lamar (PVE/RP), V40+

Edited by MelliMelon

It would help me heal you better at Ev last boss jumping down part if you moved same pace with me so i can target and keep my hot rolling on you and 5 others.

Instead you just have to rush and then moan on heals at bottom which means i need to use energy cd to get back to usable energy

from sawbones :)

(not a huge deal but somewhat annoying, but im the kind of guy who doesnt say it loud, you have to realize it yourself :)

also mostly melee, why dont you use raidframes and keep eye when you are running too far from your healers, they cant heal you when you are out of range/los.

yes i can run after you and then another while getting too close to enemylines and getting pulled to their mids followed by stun an death :)

Edited by Urishir

• 2 weeks later...
Why did I stop healing you in PVP..... Well let me think... the last times we ran in to take the node you ran in next to me then took 15 steps back to get a better "range" on your epic, pwning, lazerz that fire so expertly placed out of your underpowered gun, and let me get rolled time and time again while you race to the top of the dmg done list even though we are going to lose.... /sigh guess ill go back to hello kitty island adventure, at least they dont yell "OMG LRN 2 HEALZ!!!11!1" there.

when you hit that shielded mob and somehow your health is plummeting it is usually a good indication to stop hitting that damned damage shielded mob.

On a very relevant note: please learn to look at your own lifebar simultenously with the boss'es. If i can look at 16 bars and still manage to see what goes around me and what the boss is doing it can't be that hard to look at just 2.

Tanks who run way off (leap, charge, whatever) without notice and completely out of the range of healers and complain that they died, like we intentionally betrayed them to death's icy talons.

Give me a heads up - you never know what I might be doing with my hands.

Edited by Aluscia

That it annoys us to no end that we don't get "protected" in PvP.

We're expected to keep your dumb *** alive but it's a rare haley's comet blue moon when someone decides to turn the **** around to see if the person keeping you alive isn't in turn getting gang banged two ways to sunday.

Edited by Gankstah

When dps think they are gods gift to us all and never allow a tank to maintain agro by continually blowing cd's and nuking the boss to god knows where, while they take damage in their cloth bedsheets.

3-5 seconds of holding off at the start of a fight wont kill you, maintaining agro agaisnt a boss will, baddie dps

Buddy, do you have any idea why people don't mess with the people who prepare their food? It's because they don't want them to do unspeakable things to their food. What makes you think pissing off the person keeping you alive will end any better?

So help me, if you pass that huttball to me one more time while I am healing you through a fight, pal, I will bring you back to life with the miracles of science and kill you myself.

Just telling you now, this sandwich/quesadilla I'm eating right now is significantly more important to me than your life.

Last but not least, quoting my signature: They call it a support class because I carry your *ss.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

If I'm not healing you, it doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. It means:

a. The tank is taking lot of damage.

b. I'm taking a lot of damage.

c. Everyone is taking a lot of damage and you need to wait your turn.

d. I'm already casting my big fat heal to hit you while you say this.

1) Pull 10 Mobs

2) Tank 1

3) 9 other mobs kill group (bonus if healer dies first in the group)

4) OMG HEALER *** WERE YOU DOING BACK THERE I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D JUST LET US DIE LIKE THAT YOU'RE AWFUL AND I'M NEVER GROUPING WITH YOU AGAIN!

5) Profit?

"Dear Tankasin, why are you moving the boss around while hitting him? Are you trying to kite him to get a backstab? Because it doesn't work that way!! Bring him back to the middle so we can get to the shielding apprentices and run to absorb the power! Also, would the other Assassin PLEASE not run in tank stance? It does funny things to the aggro and I'm not going to heal you much longer if you keep running off and try to tank 4 strong mobs on your own."

Taken from my mind from a recent Red Reaper run :)

1. Dear Tank/DPS, I know you're AOE attack looks really awesome and can do nice damage, but it really makes my life a lot more difficult when you break 1-2 CC's on a mob of elites and possibly a champion (b/c I can't re 60s-CC them unless they're a droid).

2. STOP standing in the AOE that is CLEARLY marked on the floor - DPS especially - I don't have unlimited resources and can't heal you all at once.

2. STOP standing in the AOE that is CLEARLY marked on the floor - DPS especially - I don't have unlimited resources and can't heal you all at once.

This ^

Trust me, I'm not above vanishing my a** out of there and leaving you to die if you constantly stand on the GIANT RED TARGET on the floor. Really, ask any of the DPS I regularly run with. :p

This ^

Trust me, I'm not above vanishing my a** out of there and leaving you to die if you constantly stand on the GIANT RED TARGET on the floor. Really, ask any of the DPS I regularly run with. :p

Yep, I do this all the time. "For the good of the raid; they don't have to walk back!"

...hehe. Or for my repair bill.

When you are receiving copious heals in a frenzied PvP battle, don't yell at me when you run behind a pillar. There are four to five people that need my help and the best way to put the largest amount of healing on the board is to heal who I can see. I know standing in the middle is scary, but if someone is tailing you, hiding behind a pillar saves you from me, not them.

Also, in any given circumstance, it's liable that the last person I heal is myself. I don't know why, but this is true for most healers. We get so focused on saving you we forget us. Don't act like I'm selfish for giving myself one heal so that I dont end up as a stain on the floor so I can keep healing you.

That it annoys us to no end that we don't get "protected" in PvP.

We're expected to keep your dumb *** alive but it's a rare haley's comet blue moon when someone decides to turn the **** around to see if the person keeping you alive isn't in turn getting gang banged two ways to sunday.

My God. I think I love you. That or you are me from an alternate reality. I say this same thing all the time. I've complained in my Guild vent about getting gang banged in pvp and how no one ever protects me.

For those who don't understand, allow me to illustrate.

No one protects me as I heal, I die fast as 3 or more people start beating and interrupting me. If I survive 15 seconds of this, I'd be surprised. I die. You die. We lose.

The other day I played Voidstar with my guild and my friend rolled a Jugg tank and kept me guarded the whole time. He and I finished the game (which we won) with zero deaths. Before it was over, he was announced as immortal. I finished with about 80K DPS 27 Kills and 180K heals to boot. Are you seeing a difference?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.