1.1.2 PVP Bag Changes. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! (official quote inside)

AndantePhist

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAVE UP YOUR CHAMP BAGS EVERYONE... 7 champion commendations per champ bag is helluva good deal (hell... even 5 champ commendations per bag would be a sweet deal). unless you want to gamble right now...

Bioware I have slightly more faith in you now... NOW FIX ILUM!

I don't they still aren't addressing the root issue, it's not that Gear isn't dropping it's acquiring bags that is the major issue. Dailies/Weeklies are almost impossible for a non-geared toon to complete with any consistency. And is often the case if you lose 95% of the War Zones you go in as under geared you are only getting 40-50 coms per match that's 26 straight hours of grinding for 1 bag, especially true when you Q up Solo.

Boosting tokens in bags isn't a reall fix, it's lack of reward for time invested that is the biggest issue at the moment, Now instead of grinding for weeks to get a piece to drop, I'm grinding for weeks to save up Coms to buy one piece? What's the real difference?

Edited by Quantum

<SIGH>

Lootz to the welfares yet again

Yeah, the people who got to just roll over sub-50s the first couple weeks DESERVE to roll over fresh 50s now! How dare anyone ask for a chance to actually participate in the WZs they have to grind in order to get actual good gear.

I don't they still aren't addressing the root issue, it's not that Gear isn't dropping it's acquiring bags that is the major issue. Dailies/Weeklies are almost impossible for a non-geared toon to complete with any consistency. And is often the case if you lose 95% of the War Zones you go in as under geared you are only getting 40-50 coms per match that's 26 straight hours of grinding for 1 bag, especially true when you Q up Solo.

Boosting tokens in bags isn't a reall fix, it's lack of reward for time invested that is the biggest issue at the moment, Now instead of grinding for weeks to get a piece to drop, I'm grinding for weeks to save up Coms to buy one piece? What's the real difference?

Is this a serious question?

Do you honestly think a system where you can open 20 bags and get nothing, but only able to afford a horrible centurion glove or whatever is the same as a system where you open 20 bags and is GUARANTEED your champion weapon?

Seriously, use some critical thinking before you post...

<SIGH>

Lootz to the welfares yet again

Riiiggghhht...because obtaining bags by farming lowbies in WZs and trading Ilum dailies was the real way to PvP and get gear. hahaha...Some peeps really worked hard PvEing for their PvP gear. clownz

Edited by DarthOvertone

Riiiggghhht...because obtaining bags by farming lowbies in WZs and trading Ilum dailies was the real way to PvP and get gear. hahaha...Some peeps really worked hard PvEing for their PvP gear. clownz

So PVP is better now? on our server we just collect crates all evening.

Is this a serious question?

Do you honestly think a system where you can open 20 bags and get nothing, but only able to afford a horrible centurion glove or whatever is the same as a system where you open 20 bags and is GUARANTEED your champion weapon?

Seriously, use some critical thinking before you post...

Yea ok, so 3 days available time spent doing nothing but WZ's to acquire 1 bag. Basically 26 hours of in game time spent not winning a single match, or getting credit for the one's that we did so no Daily, no Weekly and 26 hours spent getting 40-50 coms on average from losing war zones and getting tokens is going to make it all better? Yea ok.. a 74 token piece of gear is what 11 bags? That's 286 hours of game time at that rate, or if you want a easier to understand version, Grinding non-stop for almost 12 days non-stop. Realistically that's what 1 piece of gear a month? At that pace I can get a set in what half a year? No thanks, I'd rather they focus on the real issue not the symptoms.

These changes are simply smoke and mirrors, the end result will be pretty much the same. They simply aren't getting it, the issue isn't drop rates, it's how stupid the time investment has become for the New 50's since brackets were put in to acquire gear.

Edited by Quantum

"The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%."

Is it just me, or is that a complete ********? I have gone through 15 battlemaster bags and I still haven't recieved a battlemaster token. Either I am a really unlucky person, or the system is bugged. Of course I would ask them to fix this bug, but it would probably take 2 months for them to even acknowledge it.

Edited by Rammsteinn

Yea ok, so 3 days available time spent doing nothing but WZ's to acquire 1 bag. Basically 26 hours of in game time spent not winning a single match, or getting credit for the one's that we did so no Daily, no Weekly and 26 hours spent getting 40-50 coms on average from losing war zones and getting tokens is going to make it all better? Yea ok.. a 74 token piece of gear is what 11 bags? That's 286 hours of game time at that rate, or if you want a easier to understand version, Grinding non-stop for almost 12 days non-stop. Realistically that's what 1 piece of gear a month? At that pace I can get a set in what half a year? No thanks, I'd rather they focus on the real issue not the symptoms.

I crtl+U twice before I join WZs to reset console UI, and this has been a known solution in fixing wins not registering.

I also run with my friends or guildies, and get my daily done in 1 hour usually.

I'm sorry that you feel like you need to spend 300 hours to get gear and feel like that is the only way to get gear.

Maybe make friends with good players or join a good guild, do 5 minutes of research online on how to get your wins to register, and stop being so bitter.

I crtl+U twice before I join WZs to reset console UI, and this has been a known solution in fixing wins not registering.

I also run with my friends or guildies, and get my daily done in 1 hour usually.

I'm sorry that you feel like you need to spend 300 hours to get gear and feel like that is the only way to get gear.

Maybe make friends with good players or join a good guild, do 5 minutes of research online on how to get your wins to register, and stop being so bitter.

How about you ask him to join your guild?

Help him out.

So PVP is better now? on our server we just collect crates all evening.

Sorry, but you sound like someone that doesn't know how to PvP, i.e. find a fight. I have finished my Ilum weekly every week since the new quest was added, and my daily each day when I didn't have to EV-Korr Raid. This may sound strange to you, but I have never even farmed one crate. lol Frankly, I have only a vague idea where or what they are, somewhere near the central assault where the Imp zerg just sits together for hours I assume.

Yes. The PvP is better. Ilum actually has fights now where people don't /emote spit on you for killing them while trying to trade dailies. The 50s WZs are infinitely better, much more fun and intense fighting without the heavy nub factor.

You deny this? Are you saying PvP was better when you didn't even have to PvP for year gear (i.e. Ilum daily trading)? When partially geared 50s could just farm level 10 lowbies in WZs all day? You truly think that was better PvP than what we have now?

lawl

Yes. The PvP is better. Ilum actually has fights now where people don't /emote spit on you for killing them while trying to trade dailies. The 50s WZs are infinitely better, much more fun and intense fighting without the heavy nub factor.

You deny this? Are you saying PvP was better when you didn't even have to PvP for year gear (i.e. Ilum daily trading)? When partially geared 50s could just farm level 10 lowbies in WZs all day? You truly think that was better PvP than what we have now?

lawl

Honestly, it depends on what server you are on.

I can 100% deny it, because they simply DO NOT HAPPEN on my server. No amount of you telling me what PvP is like on your server changes the fact that there is no PvP on Ilum on my server.

The reason? 3 or 4 reps show up, they get killed by the 6 or 7 crate farmers (and the messages give away that they're coming). Once news hits guilds that Reps are on Ilum, those 6 or 7 become 15 or 16, and those 3 or 4 become 5 or 6. 20 minutes later the number of Reps is 0, and the number of Imps dwindles from that 15 or 16 back down to 8 or 9, because now a few people are 3/30 on their daily from kills, and are suddenly desperate to get 27 crates.

THAT is PvP on Ilum on my server.

Not this past weekend, but the weekend before, it was late at night, and I was 30/150 on my weekly. I got to Ilum and was completely alone. 90 minutes later I was 150/150 and had not seen a single soul in that 90 minutes.

Just because Ilum is good for you doesn't mean it's good for everyone.

Oh, and this is on a "standard" server.

Edited by Bregah

What a bunch of babies. They propose a fix, which is actually relatively decent as fixes go, and people still are not satisfied. Bioware has done a good job thus far fixing problems and balancing classes properly (Ops/Smuggs are not gimp..gg). Put a little faith in the company; im no fan-boy, but I can at least acknowledge they have done a pretty decent job thus far fixing their game.)