1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

If they want to make the chance to get lower, they should make it LIKE battlemaster gear tokens, and purchase whatever you want. i've been getting so many **** duplicates its insane. now we get a lower chance of getting a token in our bags and still not a way to purchase what you want? seriously bioware? brainless right

Same I have over 10 duplicates sitting in my bank, i wish they would turn them into what BM tokens are now so i can just buy the dam pieces iam missing for 3 weeks of non stop pvp

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest way to fix the problem is remove those bm, champ, cent tokens all together, replace them by only 1 kind of token-WZ commendations, just re-evaluate the price of items of each tiers, like 10k wz token for a bm piece, 50k for champ, 100k for cent, and also remove the valor rank requirement. It is simple and less confusing for new 50.

BW should standardlize all kind of tokens in pve, and pvp into only 2-3 kinds, 1 for pve non-raid, 1 for raid, 1 for pvp. Currently, there are too many kind of tokens around, like for each planets, each tiers of pvp, and pve. They just make the game unnecessarily complicated and waste of resources. For example, im lvl 46, i still have few tokens from Corcusant, Taris, Nar Shaddar, etc. Is not it a big waste for both players and game devs? Players cannot use those left-over tokens, while game devs have to waste their server resources for those useless tokens.

This just confirms that Bioware has no idea about their own game and players. I've spoken to players who talked about quitting because of the champ. bag sytem, but now after this change I'm certain they will. It makes me sad, because thoes are people I enjoy to PvP with.

Couldn't they atleast change the system to the BM system by rewarding one universal champ. token? This way we would at least get rid of duplicates. But lowering the RNG chances further and thus putting the unlucky people at an even WORSE position than those that got lucky and had full champion early.... Great fix.

Edited by Luxidenstore

This would work if Centurion gear wasn't so diabolically bad (or if they boosted it to be somewhere closer to Champion gear).

I've been lucky; at VR 32 now and missing only 3 pieces of Champion. I use Centurion tokens for companions, not for me.

I like the idea of converting Centurion up to Champion tokens (I'd be happy with 50:1 where champion MH costs 3) so long as I could control it myself.

The strange thing is - This makes me want to play my alts less (and I assume the point of the legacy system and different class quests is for more alt playing); because I cannot face a massive grind for my alts PVP gear if this change happens.

All I'll do now is play my main to try to get VR60; probably get bored in the same 3 warzones and quit (I avoid Ilum; because it's laughable). Might have the patience to get to VR50 then realise the jump in valour requirement is stupid (VR50 -> 60 is [roughly] comparable for VR 1-> 50 I think; I could be wrong).

Oh well; I'll give BW props for a decent game that held my attention for 6 weeks.

The strange thing is - This makes me want to play my alts less (and I assume the point of the legacy system and different class quests is for more alt playing); because I cannot face a massive grind for my alts PVP gear if this change happens.

All I'll do now is play my main to try to get VR60; probably get bored in the same 3 warzones and quit (I avoid Ilum; because it's laughable). Might have the patience to get to VR50 then realise the jump in valour requirement is stupid (VR50 -> 60 is [roughly] comparable for VR 1-> 50 I think; I could be wrong).

I completely second this. I have 1 level 50 char and several others that are 20-30. Reading this change makes me want to stop playing all those alts because they will have to GRIND FOR AGES when they hit 50, as opposed to my first 50 who had relative luck with his champion bags and is already sporting 5 champion items with only like 12 bags opened.

So we go from buying bags and being disappointed when champ gear doesn't drop or is a duplicate. To grinding out terrible and nearly worthless cent gear while being farmed by people that rng lucked into gear until we hit battlemaster? . . . your entire PvP team needs to be fired before they torpedo the whole game.

I don't have a huge problem with T2 pvp gear becoming harder to obtain.

I do have a problem with people already having full T2 and new level 50's will have a hard time getting on par, but there's not really anything that can be done about that.

Bioware... If this system is going to be implemented could you please please please, oh pretty please add a system where I can trade duplicate T2 tokens for ones I don't have? Please please please please please! I would even be OK with trading THREE or FIVE tokens for just ONE I don't have.

What? You want more pleading?! Sure! Please please please please put this system in! :o

Level 10-49 pvp is a totally different animal than level 50 pvp. Hell, I did 6 or 7 warzones tonight on my level 20 gunslinger and I was top damage on my team in all of them but 2 I think. In other words, gear doesn't matter so much.

At level 50 gear matters quite a bit because there is no Bolster buff to even things out. If you went against me in a level 50 warzone in your level 49 blues, I'm pretty sure you'd last less than 10 seconds. You'd have far fewer hit points and have no added damage resistance while I have about 6% added damage on top of having much higher stats (to deal damage) to begin with.

THAT'S THE POINT OF WHAT I POSTED. Get out of your cherry pick mode and read durn you.

I'm suggesting that, since we know changes are otw, that you roll some 1-49 PVP when things get too frustrating in 50 PVP.

By March, Tera/D3/GW2 will be either out or in beta. I see little reason to continue playing at that point. These changes show Bioware doesn't understand they game they built or what PvPers want. I don't care if it takes longer to get PvP gear. I just want control over my progression.

BYE!!. I'll be playing this and that then. You'll be griping there too I promise. Why? Because it'll have bugs and imbalances. Why? Because it'll be a new MMORPG.

Edited by CommandoPower

People complained about randomness. I told people that for half of those complaining removing randomness would make things worse.

People should be careful what they ask for... People thought by asking for no randomness that it would mean shorter times. Of course that makes no sense

I think bw addressed the issue people said they had a problem with.. That those people were lying or being deceptive is not the fault of the devs.

I think bw addressed the issue people said they had a problem with.. That those people were lying or being deceptive is not the fault of the devs.

The problem is in timing of this solution. They basicly building a wall between a fresh 50s/alts and those already geared up with champ epix.

I myself have both of these - a lvl 50 almost full champ main and a very fresh 50 alt still in blues, and i cant tell you how much frustration i get facing those full-champs in a warzone. Not even that i cant kill them, but that i cant be geared up to their level until i hit valor 60.

The change should have been made either 2 month ago or at the start of next season, but not right now, this is just ridiculous.

Like said above, PvP is going to be fun on either alts 10-49 or already decently geared 50s.

So from ¨is to easy to get the pvp gear QQ¨ to ¨ Now is too hard to get champion gear QQ¨. tbh you should get the T1 set before the t2 set and after that t3, adn probably for the new 50s by the time they hit 60, they will have a champion set anyway.

This is actually better if you think about it:

• You get more commendations per bag - way more reliable than hoping for a token.
  • Battlemaster will actually mean something - At this level you will receive a lot more "Champion" comms with the occasional BM token.
  • The gear will be obtained more reliably without getting duplicate tokens all the time, you can buy any piece with the comms.

The way it is written in the patch notes makes it look like a nerf, but I believe it will improve the overall PvP experience.

New players will gain Centurion gear MUCH faster with the increase in comms from Champion bags, and Battlemasters will be able to finish out their Champion set while also gaining a piece of BM gear occasionally (which is a very minor upgrade from Champion).

Let's not jump down their throats just yet.

Edited by crew_dawg

Worst change ever if this makes it to live. Doing this at the start of the game? Sure, no problem. But now that there are a lot of 50s with Champion and Battlemaster gear? Ridiculous, as it makes the already huge gear gap from a fresh 50 to those even bigger.

You should either make the dropchance of Champion gear much HIGHER to get everyone on the same level again and restart with a new gearsystem once another pvp season starts, or remove the RNG aspect completely and simply make all the gear buyable with commendations and maybe rank requirements.

So the solution to the problem of us getting our Champion gear too randomly is to give us more useless Centurion tokens and less Champion gear?

Thats how im reading it, its bad enough i have 1 valor 51 and 1 valor 48 and i have NEVER seen either the bracers or the off hand, but now you are saying my chances to see these things are going to be reduced, but i get a trade off of more usless centurion commendations? I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things where bioware pays no attention to its customers and just implements it anyway. Im so sick of BW not listening to its player base it makes me very frustrated. When BW said there would be more open communication and then a few days later did 1 dev blog... THATS NOT COMMUNICATING ANYTHING RELEVANT!

Honestly id rather see reasons behind changing something not common sense like "this means you can get a more steady stream of worthless centurion commendations, and rarely if ever see a direct trade token" Come on BW some people have gone 50+ bags already not seen any direct trade tokens, while some people open 4 bags and get 4 tokens.... I think at this point you should probably "COMMUNICATE" your reason for keeping the RNG system on champion bags as its really starting to frustrate the players, atleast on my server i cant sit in the imperial fleet for more than 3mins without someone saying "oh look more useless centurion commendations"

I do understand that the influx of fresh 50's hitting the pvp queues is an extreme detriment to the team that they join, but lets be real for a bit! There has to be a better way to balance it out than to create a system where new players starting may go valor rank 1-60 and not even have their champion set bonuses.

It seems like Bioware is trying to make becoming a Battlemaster a lot more important. Once you reach valor 60, getting a full set of champion gear should be quite easy, assuming that the increase in commendation given per bag is actually significant. The problem here is that this will once again give an advantage to the Empire faction on most servers as they get to farm Ilum for a lot of valor.

I like that they are making Centurion gear easier to obtain as this will help the fresh level 50s get some decent gear for PvP, but the reduction in the chance to get a champion token and the fact that you could still end up with a duplicate means that the players may be stuck with the same centurion gear for quite a long time.

Perhaps once we'll be able to extract armoring mod from purple gear this system will work better, assuming that the mods aren't gear type locked. We would at least be able to break down duplicate champ gear for the mods.

Edited by Shendaar

This is actually better if you think about it:

• You get more commendations per bag - way more reliable than hoping for a token.
  • Battlemaster will actually mean something - At this level you will receive a lot more "Champion" comms with the occasional BM token.
  • The gear will be obtained more reliably without getting duplicate tokens all the time, you can buy any piece with the comms.

The way it is written in the patch notes makes it look like a nerf, but I believe it will improve the overall PvP experience.

New players will gain Centurion gear MUCH faster with the increase in comms from Champion bags, and Battlemasters will be able to finish out their Champion set while also gaining a piece of BM gear occasionally (which is a very minor upgrade from Champion).

Let's not jump down their throats just yet.

Please stop making sense, you will not fit in around these parts.

Bioware doesn't seem to want you to be full Champion with a Valor rank below 60, that's it.

They expect Champion to be the standard Rank 60 equipment and Battlemaster the extra bonus.

If you ask me, Champion should be minimum Valor 40.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

So the solution to the problem of us getting our Champion gear too randomly is to give us more useless Centurion tokens and less Champion gear?

That's pretty much it. As was said already, there is a HUGE difference in gear between Centurion and Champion...and if they are just going to restrict everyone to comms...that means weaker incoming players taking on geared BM. This isn't the fix they are looking for.

OH, but that's right, they are going to weaken all PvP armor to the strength of wet paper and make PvE gear more viable in PvP than BM gear...but hey...what do I know, right?

Guess I should go ahead and get my full set of PvE gear and get ready for the switch.

Bioware why are youu doing this. At least explain what you are trying to do... The cent. gear is not good other than the small expertise bonus. Nobody wants it.

What I think you are doing is trying to make people climb the tiers of pvp gear, where as now, most skip T1 altogether.

The problem is too many people already have the high level pvp gear.

The hole you are digging just keeps getting deeper.

Personally to fix the problem, I think it best to remove the possibility of duplicates, give every bag drop a choice of cent/champ/BM, and set a valor requirement on the lower 2 tiers of pvp gear.

Only offer tokens, make people save up to buy what they want.

Everyone is happy this way, and everything will get used, luck will not play a part, and no dups.

This is a better system than what is in place, and what you have proposed for 1.1.2

Really the biggest problem here is that it forces a progression on new players that those who came before mostly skipped. If Champion gear was always hard to obtain until Battlemaster rank, then this wouldn't be such a problem.

But almost every 50 playing right now has some Champion gear, which already gives them a huge advantage over any newcomers to the PvP crowd. If you make new players start at Centurion, it will just take them even longer to catch up to us. Centurion gear sucks, really. It should be craftable, or just bought with Warzone commendations or credits. Champion commendations should drop out of Champion bags, or just be rewarded in place of them. Same with Battlemaster.

When you start off with an illogical system that makes it too easy for some people to get things, and too difficult for others based solely on RNG (which cheats btw, because there is no way the odds favor me getting so many implants and pants before anything else), the solution isn't to make items that a majority of players already have rare and impossible to complete sets on until Valor 60.