1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a welcomed change, I have opened countless champion bags and obtained 4 items. It is already an annoyance that some are favoured randomly whilst others are struggling with RNG.

Consistency should have been offered from the beginning, don't hit the brake pedal now because it was not right and penalise the people who have already struggled with the RNG of the tokens.

Learn from this for the next gear offering. Or better yet, offer a quarter of a token each bag, when you have opened 4 you get a complete token, or increase it to 6 or 8 if that is too easy, throw away the RNG and give people real consistency.

Oh my, this is bad. So bad.

So BW, if you really listen to your customers like you said in that "coming up in swtor" video, then do not implement this change.

Are you guys drunk there? What are you thinking? ARE you thinking?

Less RNG is exactly what people were asking for, thats what is being given.

Besides the gear is there for those who want to EARN it.

Getting more commendations makes life easier..not harder.. (BM commendations are a good example, no duplicates, takes 3 tokens to get the most expensive part, beats RNG duplicates)

Just bite the bullet and grind out Valor 60 and you EARN your BM and Champ tokens AND fill in gaps in gear fairly quickly....

Its not that hard to ..just queue and grind out medals.

Keep in mind those who made BM legitly *earned it*...(without the spawn camp exploit in ilum which BW has said will be punished once they review logs and confirm participants).

Those who havnt done the BM grind will learn exactly what current BM's already know... when they do the 58-60 grind theyll will gain a new respect for the grind from hell .. and realise why BM gear is earned, not given away.

Edited by blackadda

Less RNG is exactly what people were asking for, thats what is being given.

Besides the gear is there for those who want to EARN it, tokens make life easier..not harder..

Just bite the bullet and grind out Valor 60... its not that hard to do

#

Centurion gear never had RNG, they simply made it faster to obtain (though nobody wants it because it's worse than PVE gear).

Champion gear was RNG, and will have EVEN MORE RNG with this change.

This is ridiculous.

I refuse to believe they would actually let this change go live. This makes the bag system infinitely worse than before.

In short: you WILL NOT get champion gear until valor 60 when you start getting champion tokens from battle master bags. SIXTY valor levels with the same pvp set sounds GREAT.

The issue of duplicates has also not been addressed.

It is completely unanimous what the community wants, its time to man up and admit your mistake. This current bag system... its just simply embarrassing.

Something that's continued to bother me is that the last 2 tiers of PvP gear (Battlemasters and Champions) can only be reliably obtained at rank 60, why are two tiers linked to the same rankings?

The "occasional" bonus does nothing to improve on this system, and makes the gear discrepancy between 1-60 even larger. Remove the RNG factor altogether, BW have already done this with the battlemaster bags. Why take a step backwards with Champions?

i never play alts until atleast a few months into a game and have done most of the things on my main to my hearts content. In a game like swtor, there is just so much to do and just logging into my warrior and looking at hm swing his saber a few times is thrilling. But the one reason that drove me to make not one but three other alts at 50, was because I hit valor 58 with no champion chest, legs, wrists, implant and whatnot. i dont enjoy pve one bit, solely because it requires you to get into voice chat and mute game sound, etc etc. which is not my play style.

the current pvp gear rewards drive me insane. add the bug that prevents your wz wins from counting...... ahahahahahahaha I am insane. Bioware makes me really go sith on em

This is a early April fools joke right? I do the dailies and weeklies and turn in all my points for bags as it is and usually 90% of the time already get commendations and when I dont get commendations, I get doubles. This is what I have so far

Head-7

Chest-5

Gloves-1

Belt-2

Legs-4

Boots-1

Bracers-0

MH-0

OH-0

Relic-6

Implant-4

Earpiece-0

And they are talking about nerfing champ bags and even nerfing pvp armor in general makes me think they dont want people to pvp at all at this rate. This coupled with the Biochem nerf really makes me doubt how long they are going to keep people playing this game.

This is a early April fools joke right? I do the dailies and weeklies and turn in all my points for bags as it is and usually 90% of the time already get commendations and when I dont get commendations, I get doubles. This is what I have so far

Head-7

Chest-5

Gloves-1

Belt-2

Legs-4

Boots-1

Bracers-0

MH-0

OH-0

Relic-6

Implant-4

Earpiece-0

I feel your pain, I have 4 belts and 4 mainhand weapons. Can't even take out the mods...

Really Bioware? You just don't get it.

So, to fix the issue, you are going make everyone that isn't 50 yet or just hit 50 so far behind, that they minimal chance to succeed. This change will make a ridiculous gear gap for months. The gap between centurion and champion gear is too big for this kind of change. Not to mention, you are making it even more RNG dependent. We want less RNG.

Spot on.

It's like they don't even play the game.

so you now you dont want to repair champion bags and way to obtain PvP gear you want to ruin it even more ?

developers at bioware .... .... .... uhm wait developer is person who develops better things

and repairing the wrong ones but these guys dont do it.

This is a positive change for the game in the long run if the increase to commendations is high enough.

Right now I get 3 commendations per bag. I can go through 6-8 bags without getting an item.

If I can get 5-6 commendations per bag, that's at least one guaranteed item every 4-6 bags (armor vs weapon).

That is a lot better than my current "chances".

If they have only increased the commendations to 4 per bag... then we can let the rage start.

In the long run this can be a positive change if they handle the increase of commendations correctly.

If they want to make the chance to get lower, they should make it LIKE battlemaster gear tokens, and purchase whatever you want. i've been getting so many **** duplicates its insane. now we get a lower chance of getting a token in our bags and still not a way to purchase what you want? seriously bioware? brainless right

wow, stupid. I am actually laughing right now becuase I am thinking about the meeting or meetings that took place to make this decision. A bunch of people sitting around shaking there heads and patting each others backs for a bad decision. I agree, i dont think they actually PLAY the game.

"good job bill, great idea"

"thanks douche"