Artifice - Rare Crystal locations and Guides

WraithAscendant

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work with everything Wraith ! Posting for sub and 1 question, how many 50s do u need to get the schems for Magenta. Could be added on OP to. Belsavis worldboss is farmable with x 50s and the other is farmable with y 50s.

I have done The Destroyer with 8-10 people. You just need to focus and keep your team coordinated. As for Gargath, I have yet to fight him.

AFAIK there's been no confirmation on the Purple and Cyan colors appearing as Ops drops. Lots of speculation, of course. :p I, personally, have yet to see any Reps wielding Purple or Imps wielding Cyan.

Also worth a note, there is a saber in Karagga's palace that has a red colour crystal that can be used even if you're Rank V in Light or Rank V in dark. It is currently the only saber I know with a red colour crystal that can be used by either light or darkside. The sabers name is 'Temptarion' the colour crystal specifies that it is forbidden to Light I or above, yet it is not.

V Me Wielding Temptation with Rank V Light.

http://i.imgur.com/WnbOO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H4HJs.jpg

Is this true/intended or just a glitch? I know in the past I have been able to equip Lightsabers slotted with Red Crystals- as well as slot Red Crystals into a equipped saber- on my Lightside Jedi. This would usually cause that saber to appear as 'broken', with the red armor icon above my character's portrait. It also wouldn't always pop up right away. Caused me a lot of confusion at the time, but this was several patches ago, I would have expected it to be fixed by now.

Also I can confirm that the Lethal (Crit) version of the Magenta Crystal schematic drops off Gargath. Screenshot from guild's website.

Edited by OmicronZero

Im actually kinda mad at the dev team right now. How many countless hours have been played looking for clues for an item that doesnt even exist. Why cant we get a list of things that are in game that we can look for and things that are not. I was hoping that the Magenta crystal was the tip of the iceberg, but now im just sad. I was hoping for puzzles to solve and awesome loot to plunder, but now im just left with knowing that they felt it was a good idea to leave us all in the dark.. Thanks Bioware...

I will be honest. I don't have much motivation for the game now. Was all pumped up for White. Grr, damn hackers ruining it for everyone

Same here, but at least I wont be in game deciphering clues that dont actually exist. I can go back to being bored... Sad day for Swtor indeed.

Im actually kinda mad at the dev team right now. How many countless hours have been played looking for clues for an item that doesnt even exist. Why cant we get a list of things that are in game that we can look for and things that are not. I was hoping that the Magenta crystal was the tip of the iceberg, but now im just sad. I was hoping for puzzles to solve and awesome loot to plunder, but now im just left with knowing that they felt it was a good idea to leave us all in the dark.. Thanks Bioware...

While it is a disappointment, it would be wrong to write it off as a loss. Some of us have discovered some pretty amazing things. There are two sides to a coin after all. Our brains always pick out the negatives and put them in a spotlight. We commonly forget to look at the good.

Edited by Falchion

Great work with everything Wraith ! Posting for sub and 1 question, how many 50s do u need to get the schems for Magenta. Could be added on OP to. Belsavis worldboss is farmable with x 50s and the other is farmable with y 50s.

Not done Gargath yet but I'd be surprised if you needed more than 8.

For the Belsavis one all you need is 2 tanks and 2 healers and however many dps you feel like bringing (4 decently geared dps will bring him down very fast, you can probably beat the enrage with as little as one or two).

Not done Gargath yet but I'd be surprised if you needed more than 8.

For the Belsavis one all you need is 2 tanks and 2 healers and however many dps you feel like bringing (4 decently geared dps will bring him down very fast, you can probably beat the enrage with as little as one or two).

From my experience (Primal Destroyer 3 times and Gargath twice, with no drop any of the times to boot) the Primal Destroyer is easier than Gargath. As stated, you need one tank to pick up the adds and one tank to tank PD. Then assign one healer to each. It's also good to have 2+ DPS. I don't have information on if he has an enrage timer, but he DOES enrage if you kill one of his adds... so don't do that. Other than that, he's only got 400k something health so he gets smoked pretty fast.

Gargath doesn't have any adds, but he hits pretty decently. The hard part about him is that he "turns his attention" to the other people of the group and does some nasty AOEs to them. If you see the red marker on the ground, RUN. You'll only need one tank but I'd recommend at least 2+ healers, and don't bring anyone level 45 or under as they will only take 1-3 hits from the AOE before they're dead. Bring as much DPS as you can because his enrage will wipe you.

Appreciate the info. Also appreciate the repost that Bioware finally admits the White is not in the game. That is proof enough that they plan on holding these crystals in front of our noses as carrots to obtain.

Ahh well, I can stop looking now it seems.

Purple is not obtainable for Rep. and Amber/gold didn't even exist in Beta. So... meh.

Edited by CriticalMasses

I just stumbled into this thread. I remember hearing rumors about white being obtainable, i am glad to see BW post on this. Everyone who has contributed to the great search: thank you. Even though the goal is far away, I know someday we will find it... of course knowing when not to be looking helps.

Don't give up hope, someday we will wield this blade!

Wraith, you're really awesome for keeping this going, and to everyone else who put in the time looking for White, thank you guys too. It was fun and exciting to follow you on your search and I can't wait to be a part of it once we start once again.

There's one correction you might want to make in the OP though, Wraith. Should "will give" be "will not give" instead?

A note from Bioware on Reverse Engineering Crystals

[Dev quote about Magenta]

What does this mean? Well it settles the issue that RE'ing rare items or crystals will give a schematic. Not sure you would want to do that after all the effort to get a white or Magenta... In other words, DON'T DO IT!

Also, can we make it a general rule to refer to rare color crystals by their proper names, such as White, or Magenta (instead of saying "a white" or "a magenta"? It's cute :D

Edited by _Hibbs

I just dont get it BioWare, why the secrecy? Why are you condemning players for having an acute interest in your game?

If you're referring to the guy who hacked the game to get a white crystal, then the answer should be self-explanatory. You can have an acute interest and explore the game as much as you'd like, but when you use a hack/exploit to get something that shouldn't be available they can take whatever action they want.

But that's irrelevant to my original question. Is it confirmed, then, that artificers can't craft purple crystals?