Artifice - Rare Crystal locations and Guides

WraithAscendant

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtxjAEW2Exc

I am still not entirely convinced this is the real story. This could have been stumbled upon if he had the buff and downed Gargath and that was it. This wouldn't really classify as an Intentional means to acquire the crystal. Something like wall hacking or having someone duel/force push you into a spot you weren't supposed to access would though. There seems to be too many holes in his argument that don't add up.

I also can't see Bioware suspending his account for grabbing the crystal using the methods in his video. If there was a suspension, it was most likely due his in game messages between players as well as his forum posts. Or due to wall hacking and getting into places he shouldn't be.

I find the lack of info from bioware annoying. It caused this whole issue. If they would just give us a list of what crystals were in the game and keep adding to the list as they add them it would be helpful. Im not asking for locations just a list of stuff that can be found/crafted so people dont waste a ton of time doing stuff the cannot be done.

For example they have yet to say if the republic can get the purple crystal or not. Or the other way if the Imps can get "lt blue"

Simple as the above...I love this game and think Bioware has done a great job, but ignoring what the public obviously wants/needs is a little disturbing. I work full-time, have an aggro g/f when I play this game and play sports...I devote 2 hours a day if that into the game, I want to know what I can get out of it at times. They had to of known during development that the customization of crystals were going to be huge for the game, otherwise they wouldn't of had it as a mod item...why blow this up and then not confirm what is obtainable and what is not. I don't think anyone is asking for 'how,' just that it's actually there after this because upon Launch, A LOT and majority of people thought the White Crystal was in-game.

In my honest opinion, I could care less about the drama. If Bioware says that the white crystal isn't in the game. I don't care anymore what anyone else says. Until Bioware comes back in a week, month, or year to say that it is (given that they said that they'd tell us) I'll wait. Maybe I'm too trusting. But there are so many other things to enjoy in the game, and honestly, as a bounty hunter, I don't see the color of my blasters too much anyway (I usually fire missiles and I can't just sit around shooting things on the fleet like people can have their lightsabers out) so yeah, color crystals are cool, and a blaster that shoots magenta bolts is neat, but there are more things to worry about.

I'll roll a jedi or a sith when I can get a white crystal and actually have a purpose for it. But until then, I'm not worried. It's Bioware's game. Catch can go on and on and on about this, but it won't change a damn thing. The white crystal still won't be in game. That's just my viewpoint.

In other news, if we can figure out how I can get a cyan crystal on my BH, I'd be a happy camper.

Ok, so the white crystal mystery has been temporarily solved. On to other crystal business... my fave ATM is purple, and I'm Republic... So I'll be following this thread looking primarily for updates to that one.

Other question, since Magenta is similar, I'm going for that one. I got the buff on Tatooine, but when I got to Hoth it had disappeared. I did dork around in Tatooine for a little, but not much. Is there a timer on it or what? Is it bugged? (as in random chance of dropping off?) I went to the mountain just in case, and of course nothing happened. Any insight?

Ok, so the white crystal mystery has been temporarily solved. On to other crystal business... my fave ATM is purple, and I'm Republic... So I'll be following this thread looking primarily for updates to that one.

Other question, since Magenta is similar, I'm going for that one. I got the buff on Tatooine, but when I got to Hoth it had disappeared. I did dork around in Tatooine for a little, but not much. Is there a timer on it or what? Is it bugged? (as in random chance of dropping off?) I went to the mountain just in case, and of course nothing happened. Any insight?

I'm not sure that there's a time limit on the tatooine "buff", but it wouldn't surprise me if there was one. If memory serves me rightly, the buff icon looks like a glass of water.

You will only get a prompt when you reach near the top of the mountain if the buff is active on you.

Edited by Tarka

I think it's around 20-30 minutes but don't quote me.

You would think we would have a multitude of colors. Look at other Mmos. In EVE you ship represented your accomplishments and "lvl" (sometimes). In WoW and pretty much ANY fantasy Mmo players have a multitude of swords etc to choose from. In Aeon you could ReSkin a sword etc to something you liked. You could stick with a single design all the way to end level if you liked. Here in TOR, people can BARELY see you saber hilt, and even then Sometimes it's covered up or clipping. Colors are the next step to represent ourselves. And we only have 7 not including black cores and white. (Black cores don't exsists in my mind, rawr!)

Go get a good attorney, and file for a 'misrepresentation' lawsuit...

Part of the Terms of Service includes waiving your right to trial (http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section20). Just FYI, and hopefully to stop the people spouting out that people should file suits over a game.

Also, posting to sub. Wraith, thanks for all your work gathering and organizing information regarding all the color crystals! It is much appreciated!

Regarding about the white,

That colour was in beta and datamined, they never told us that it would been in launch.

The only people who say it is a lawsuit actualy can get lawsuited as you did datamining, Datamining per se is a open the program to see stuffs. But 99% of the time the game makers dont bother as there isnt any worth this.

Remember a game have lots of info that you can see but not get, same in all mmos have lots of data you will never see and some who comes after updates.

Asking a dev whatever yes, thats aloved and we got info that its not ingame, sadly, as i wish a white saber myself. :(

and this post is subsribed :) awsome job finding stuffs.

No you can do anything that you want with the information on your own harddrive short of reselling it as if it were your own creation. Stop being ignorant of your rights.

Actually, that makes me more likely to believe him. Anyone who uses a name like that almost has to be too stupid to actually hack anything.

Not to beat a dead horse. But "IF" it was intentional as SR/AB claim why would he originally post on the OFFICIAL forums, knowing full well that he/she hacked/exploited??? I am honestly baffled! I know there are a lot of "stupid" people, but come on! I don't believe anyone is stupid enough to hack/exploit INTENTIONALLY, then go post pics of it on the official forums. That makes absolutely no sense to me. I hope they do a bit more "diggin" into this investigation or w/e, because I would love to know how this turns out, I don't think this will be the end of it.

Look at his user name on the video folks. Elitehaxzor isn't very convincing. Add in that I watched this guy get banned on another game for hacking, he's doing a pretty good job trolling everyone. He pulled off the ultimate troll.

Look at his user name on the video folks. Elitehaxzor isn't very convincing. Add in that I watched this guy get banned on another game for hacking, he's doing a pretty good job trolling everyone. He pulled off the ultimate troll.

ALMOST pulled off the ultimate troll

It may have been an oversight by BW or that Catch really did exploit. We would never know for sure.

However if he were more open and willing to share information generously:

1. More people would know how to obtain the said item. People aren’t going to label him as a jerk trolling them for his own selfish amusement.

2. BW would have to deal with more than just Catch. If method of obtaining the item is not legit and BW removes the item from all these players.

There will be more back-lash from the community claiming that they did not know it was not legit and therefore they should not be penalized for BW’s oversight.

But because Catch didn't do any of this. The method he used to obtain the WC seem to be rather dubious and only lend credence that he did infact hack the game to find out how to obtain the WC. Then again none of this matters anymore since its all over.

Here in TOR, people can BARELY see you saber hilt, and even then Sometimes it's covered up or clipping. Colors are the next step to represent ourselves. And we only have 7 not including black cores and white. (Black cores don't exsists in my mind, rawr!)

Perhaps, BW could try to change the colour of the cores to add more variety? Like blue saber with glowing red core etc etc..

Edited by Cemellyn

BTW did anyone try said steps in video to see if they can glitch themselves another white crystal?

You'd be hard pressed to get someone to try that and risk a suspension/ban like Catch. Even if it is just to test it, what are you gonna do, tell Bioware it was for great science and hope they don't punish you? :p