Artifice - Rare Crystal locations and Guides

WraithAscendant

You'd be hard pressed to get someone to try that and risk a suspension/ban like Catch. Even if it is just to test it, what are you gonna do, tell Bioware it was for great science and hope they don't punish you? :p

Well doing these steps isn't an exploit by any means. Those vendors are intended to be killed. World boss is intended to be killed etc.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, BW could try to change the colour of the cores to add more variety? Like blue saber with glowing red core etc etc..

no way. EVER.

It's not wow where you can make lava monsters because you like to have lava monsters. It's star wars and such BS stands against lore. It's already enough that we have black-core blesphemy.

Meanwhile they didn't added even 1/10th of possible colors of the lightsabers, and you already want "more variety" in a wrong way, huh?

Well doing these steps isn't an exploit by any means. Those vendors are intended to be killed. World boss is intended to be killed etc.

Killing the vendors and the world boss is all well and fine, but testing something that Bioware has stated is "not intended" to be done is just asking for trouble. If Catch did it that way, it's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean we should go repeating it. I don't want to see anyone else getting in trouble just because Catch did it. if Catch is in the right, that's all well and fine, but let him sort things out with Bioware. We shouldn't all be going to test it and risking our own personal enjoyment with the game just because he did.

no way. EVER.

It's not wow where you can make lava monsters because you like to have lava monsters. It's star wars and such BS stands against lore. It's already enough that we have black-core blesphemy.

Meanwhile they didn't added even 1/10th of possible colors of the lightsabers, and you already want "more variety" in a wrong way, huh?

I'm not sure why you are even comparing it to WoW, but you might want to take a look at this.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_%28lightsaber%29

So as far as lore goes, Lucas can always retconn earlier lore or expand by adding new lore. If he chooses to do so. Come to think of it, its a make-belief world nothing can be too far-fetched.

I agree that they didn't even use 1/10th of the colours available. But if you think about it theres really isn't alot of colours that are very distinctive from each other aside from the following:

Red/Yellow/Blue/Green/Purple/Orange

Black/White/Grey/Brown

Magenta/Cyan

I could name other colours like scarlet, vermillion, indigo, violet, ochre, lavender but these colours are but spectrums of a distinct colour and not everyone will be able to differentiate it in the game.

Edited by Cemellyn

A prismatic crystal? I would like this alot :)

Admittedly, though I'm not sure how exactly it would be implemented, it would be rather neat. Another idea is that it could change colors depending on what direction you're looking at the character. This idea could also work on regular colors. For example having a lightsaber that goes from yellow to orange to red depending on how you look at it.

And if you ask me, a lightsaber that changes shades of color isn't quite as farfetched as a two-tone lightsaber. Think of a diamond. It can reflect different colors depending on how light is shined on it. Well, lightsaber crystals are essentially the same idea, just a lot more direct in the color. Well, what if they weren't so direct and could indeed change color depending on how the light inside the saber projected the blade?

Just food for thought.

Killing the vendors and the world boss is all well and fine, but testing something that Bioware has stated is "not intended" to be done is just asking for trouble. If Catch did it that way, it's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean we should go repeating it. I don't want to see anyone else getting in trouble just because Catch did it. if Catch is in the right, that's all well and fine, but let him sort things out with Bioware. We shouldn't all be going to test it and risking our own personal enjoyment with the game just because he did.

I doubt all he did was kill Gargath with the buff on. There is no way Bioware would suspend you account for killing a mob with a buff anyone can attain in game. There is more to the story that Catch isnt telling us.

Not sure if this is a known thing or new but I thought i'd put it out there just in case.

I got an Orange lightsaber crystal from a drop on a Tusken on Tatooine. It was a purple drop (I assume a rare random world drop) but I didn't take screenshots i'm afraid.

It paid for my speeder training and some other stuff 8)

Im glad i checked this out. I hope they put in the white crystal or other colors. I love trying to find them. If anyone is On Saber of Exar Kun and is a color crystal freak like me add me up.

I also found a Big Crystal called Ilum crystal on the map. It was clickable. i clicked on it. it did nothing. The next day i tried to click on it again i was not able too. Not sure if it was a quest for the republic or what. does anyone know?

Im glad i checked this out. I hope they put in the white crystal or other colors. I love trying to find them. If anyone is On Saber of Exar Kun and is a color crystal freak like me add me up.

I also found a Big Crystal called Ilum crystal on the map. It was clickable. i clicked on it. it did nothing. The next day i tried to click on it again i was not able too. Not sure if it was a quest for the republic or what. does anyone know?

Might just be a quest item for a different class...

Might just be a quest item for a different class...

class items are only clickable to that class and they must be on the quest, otherwise it only gives a pointer and a tooltip.

where was this crystal? planet and location?

Edit

is it this one? http://www.torhead.com/codex/cUZvEGS/ilum-crystals

Edited by Complication

I doubt all he did was kill Gargath with the buff on. There is no way Bioware would suspend you account for killing a mob with a buff anyone can attain in game. There is more to the story that Catch isnt telling us.

Whether or not it is actually what Catch did, I wouldn't recommend trying to recreate it unless you're willing to take the punishment if it actually works. I admit, it sounds farfetched to me too, but like I said, I don't want to see anyone get in trouble because of something that Bioware has already suspended someone for.

I thnk we should just let Catch die with his little fame he had and move on...

I say that you are right. Let us leave him to his own devices and let BioWare deal with him. Change of subject is there are more news on rare crystals and how to get them?

I say that you are right. Let us leave him to his own devices and let BioWare deal with him. Change of subject is there are more news on rare crystals and how to get them?

No real news. Our current goal is to figure out how to get the faction specific crystals (cyan and purple) for the opposite faction.

The devs have said that it's not possible to get "legitimately" (see the OP for details). Inferring that any signs of a white crystal in the game have been possible via "illegitimate" means or where seen before the devs decided to change the situation. Also:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2343564#edit2343564

:confused:

I never said such thing as Legitimately or not, I never asked this person how he go it. Only commenting that I saw the said crystal during early access/launch week in tattoine.

I am on Saber of Exar Kun and have been involved in the search for the Magenta and White crystals. White while we thought it existed in game lol.

Well look at that. Honestly I'm more happy others will be able to find it easier. Thanks to the mods/devs, and of course, all of you!

I've been waiting for you WraithAscendant. We meet again at last. When I left, you were but a thread starter. Now you are the master! :csw_vader:

Congrats on the thread sticky. :rod_grin_g:

Needs more accessible purple crystals, pre-50, or even at 50, for both sides, which sounds kinda funny coming from a sith.

Wonder how many weeks/months/years it'll take for them to slap schematics for purple crystals on the artifice trainers. I'm only artifice because of the hope that I'd be able to make them eventually. Might as well drop it for something else at this point.

:jawa_redface: