Can't Abandon Quests - This seriously needs to change

InsodusVanus

Doing twoish quests before I get off the planet really isn't that big of a deal. But really, it was released early to be pushed out for Christmas so what do you expect? It's still awesome, and the quest thing is something they're obviously going to fix, but it's not exactly game breakingly serious like some other stuff.

No, this is definitely game breaking.

The OP cannot do all his dailies at once, and therefore has to do them one at a time.

Do you honestly think he's going to continue to do that?

That's a ridiculous amount of time wasted that in no way should be.

And all because he didn't feel like doing quests that didn't matter.

This is a problem.

Edited by Logiick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this is definitely game breaking.

The OP cannot do all his dailies at once, and therefore has to do them one at a time.

Do you honestly think he's going to continue to do that?

That's a ridiculous amount of time wasted that in no way should be.

And all because he didn't feel like doing quests that didn't matter.

This is a problem.

No, it's game-breaking, FOR HIM. He let his quest log fill with like 20 quests he couldn't abandon. I did the same planets as him, but I have 2 quests in my log right now.

What I'm saying is that if you do them before you leave the planet you're not going back to Alderaan at level 50 and getting **** for reward, A level 40-42 quests are the difference of like maybe 1500 credits and 2000 experience. If you wanted it a level ago, it's still useful to you.

Agreed, it can be very game breaking. I'm starting to see this as well. I have a few quests that I can't abandon. I think we should start this as a bug thread and start naming quests that we cannot abandon, and see if bioware can track the bug, so they can finally fix it.

I don't agree that it can't be game breaking, if someone doesn't agree. If I chose to abandon in the middle of a quest, then that should be my choice. If it ends up in my log the whole time, and I forgot about it, I should be able to abandon it. Just like wow, I could abandon a quest easily by hitting the abandon button and not be blocked, even if I did it eons ago and forgot to turn it in for some reason. It happens, but I shouldn't have to be restricted either to abandon it.

Edited by darkdayze

Agreed, it can be very game breaking. I'm starting to see this as well. I have a few quests that I can't abandon. I think we should start this as a bug thread and start naming quests that we cannot abandon, and see if bioware can track the bug, so they can finally fix it.

I only have Nar Shadaa bonus one still stuck in my log. Pretty annoying though.

Look all I'm saying is that it's definitely an annoying bug, especially for someone as OCD about their quest log as I am. But if you classify it as game-breaking and worthy to unsub over, then even if it was fixed you'd find some other reason to do it, honestly.

Anyway, I find that it happens a lot with bonus missions I already have credit towards, or missions that are more story oriented than others.

What I do is just finish up all the un-abandonable quests on the planet I'm on BEFORE I leave it. That way it's not too much time when viewed with the whole, and I still get at least a semi-reasonable reward from it.

I have a Bonus Quest from Taris, kill 10 guys to beat Thana's total. The kill zone is in an Instance that is now a Red Door to me. I can't finish it, or I would have done so. I finished the main quest and have killed 9/10 to complete the bonus. I can't go in and the Quest "Abandon" button is gray to me.

It hasn't caused any issues, but when I submitted a ticket, they said a patch 2 weeks ago would fix it.

Not the case. It's not game breaking, it's my only one, but it just grates on me for some reason.

It bugs me so much, that at level 50, I am contemplating going there to hang out at the red door and group with a random to enter the instance again and kill one freaking guy, lol.

No, it's game-breaking, FOR HIM. He let his quest log fill with like 20 quests he couldn't abandon. I did the same planets as him, but I have 2 quests in my log right now.

What? How is that his fault?

It doesn't ask if you want to accept the bonus mission, it just makes you take it and it doesn't let you abandon.

If he doesn't want to do those quests, he shouldn't have to.

No one should.

Not to mention the fact that everything in this game is pathetically instanced, and therefore once you complete a main quest, you can't go back in and finish the bonus because it's red now and won't let.

Therefore, you are wrong.

This is game breaking.

Edited by Logiick

I'm not OCD but this stupid bug was part of the reason I cancelled my sub. I did all the logical things first like submitting a ticket (random auto response), going back to try and finish them (stopped that after the first one was a chain that took 2 hours) and basically dropping anything else I could.

The ones you can't abandon generally are long chains, with instances, and a story or whatever. They aren't just nipping back to Tattoine and killing 20 mobs.

I wasn't THE reason I cancelled, but it was certainly one of them. Simple fix Bioware - make daily and weekly quests (along with flashpoint quests if you like) part of a separate count. Problem solved except possibly for those with OCD. Which I doubt they care, if they have OCD they wouldn't want to abandon a quest in any case.

I doubt Bioware care. I don't anymore.

What? How is that his fault?

It doesn't ask if you want to accept the bonus mission, it just makes you take it and it doesn't let you abandon.

If he doesn't want to do those quests, he shouldn't have to.

No one should.

Therefore, you are wrong.

This is game breaking.

I agree that he shouldn't have to, but the phrase "game-breaking" is waaaaaay too melodramatic a term to use here. It's not literally preventing him from logging in, or not allowing him to complete content. It just makes his quest log unnecessarily messy. Which is unfortunate, definitely, but the game still runs fine with it.

I agree that he shouldn't have to, but the phrase "game-breaking" is waaaaaay too melodramatic a term to use here. It's not literally preventing him from logging in, or not allowing him to complete content. It just makes his quest log unnecessarily messy. Which is unfortunate, definitely, but the game still runs fine with it.

By that logic ability delay wasn't game breaking.

I'm pretty sure you would disagree.

Anything that could potentially have people unsubbing is game breaking to me.

Edited by Logiick

That was part of my OP. I decided to do that, and I spent nearly 2 hours just to get 1 out of my log. I'm not about to spend 44 hours of questing for absolutely no reward other than opening my log.

I'm sure it would take some Dev at Bioware less than that amount of time just to put a hot-fix in to up the limit to 50 quests. Real simple solution so that people like me don't start unsubbing.

agreed

Well, then it is a good thing that they already know about it, are working on a solution, and it should be available soon. But it would have take 2 minutes of actual checking to find such a thing out.

Just like all the other bugs they knew about in beta and are still in the game today?

Yeah.

By that logic ability delay wasn't game breaking.

I'm pretty sure you would disagree.

Anything that could potentially have people unsubbing is game breaking to me.

Lol, then the fact that space-combat isn't a free-form space simulator with complex AI enemy fighters is game-breaking?

The fact that some of the Consular hats look a bit silly is game-breaking?

The fact that there isn't a DPS meter is game-breaking?

There fact that there is TOO MUCH voice over in this STORY based MMO is game breaking?

Because those are all complaints I've seen from people threatening to unsub.

People unsub daily, for absolutely ridiculous reasons, many of which are no where near game breaking, or even a bug, they just want something different.

Well, then it is a good thing that they already know about it, are working on a solution, and it should be available soon. But it would have take 2 minutes of actual checking to find such a thing out.

um...actually....they already applied the fix.....that was in the previous patch and it did allow me to abandon a couple of quests I hadnt been able to before. But still, I guess they made progress, but they havent to my knowledge, acknowledged that the issues persists past their applied fix.

Wrong.

Bonus quests cannot be abandoned, regardless of the button.

It just doesn't let.

This is a huge problem, I can't believe they didn't fix it with 1.1.

But of course, new buggy content is the most important thing. /rolls eyes.

Get on the *********** ball Bioware.

I can't believe they didn't fix it back when it was reported in beta :(

I'm sure this will be addressed soon. You can kill 24/25 enemies on a bonus quest in a story instance, finish the story instance, and not be able to get back into the story instance to kill the last guy JUST TO GET IT OUT OF YOUR LOG!!

I'm assuming they're hip to this one.

Lol, then the fact that space-combat isn't a free-form space simulator with complex AI enemy fighters is game-breaking?

The fact that some of the Consular hats look a bit silly is game-breaking?

The fact that there isn't a DPS meter is game-breaking?

There fact that there is TOO MUCH voice over in this STORY based MMO is game breaking?

Because those are all complaints I've seen from people threatening to unsub.

People unsub daily, for absolutely ridiculous reasons, many of which are no where near game breaking, or even a bug, they just want something different.

Real issues.

BUGS.

Game breaking BUGS.

You're simply making yourself look like a fool.

Continue.

Edited by Logiick

Likewise. I hit 50 with about 15 gray quests.

after a week of good old master of calumniation M0-T0 telling me "this tuesday" i gave in and tried to do some.

What a bad idea, half triggered more, bringing the unabandonable up. Also yes, the revanite quest is god awful long. I just did it on an alt and remember why I didnt finish it on my main.

Real issues.

BUGS.

Game breaking BUGS.

You're simply making yourself look like a fool.

Continue.

You said, and I quote;

"Anything that could potentially have people unsubbing is game breaking to me. "

As far as I can tell the word anything means ANYTHING, not specifics. I was responding to that post, I'm sorry if I should have been responding to some imaginary words you never wrote, but I can't read minds.

Game-breaking means literally have-to-fix-now things. Like twenty minute load times, repeated crashes to desktop, conversations not loading, characters not rendering, performance issues. Compared to those, a couple quests you have to go back and do to get them out of your log are paltry.